It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What does your being a staunch Muslim have to do with the topic of this thread?

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well...colour me amazed.

I honestly thought this kind of stupid went out of usage after the 1960's.

Seems not.

It's bizarre to me that people think they can coerce or force sexual identity...utter stupidity.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

you gotta start with the basics.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

It's bizarre to me that people think they can coerce or force sexual identity...utter stupidity.

Well Hollywood did not feel that way...

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: deadeyedick
NO it would be completely stupid to label all clinical engagement on this issue to be deemed as abuse.

If two gay parents had a heterosexual boy and wanted him to be gay, would it be abuse to send him somewhere to have "treatments" (mental OR physical) to discourage his attraction to girls and encourage his attractions to boys? Would ANY clinical engagement to change his sexuality to gay be considered abuse?

It is all relative but if you expect me to believe that mental abuse is less of a problem than physical abuse then you would be failing.

As a person who was sexually abused and raped, let me tell you that the mental effects lasted YEARS beyond any physical pain, and still exist to this day. The physical body heals on its own. The "invisible wounds" are MUCH harder to address and overcome.

The do gooders are very quick to demonize a whole process based on extremely small percentage of cases.

See my question above.

It is completely stupid to use such example to speak for every situation. What you describe is a very small percentage and like I said in my first post is that we can not make changes to the whole based on a few cases of abuse.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Did you read what Charlie was responding to? Tindalos2013 accused people who argue his opinion of having an agenda of social engineering.

I think Charlie's point is that he doesn't have an agenda, as we don't see groups of Muslims fighting for the rights and equal treatment of LGBT people.

Do YOU have anything to say about the topic of the thread?
edit on 10/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Here's a very decent article with actual statistics on the reprehensible, vile, abusive practice of "reparative therapy."

The Lies and Dangers of Reparitive Therapy

In contrast, there is ample evidence that societal prejudice causes significant medical, psychological and other harms to LGBT people. For example, research on the issue of family acceptance of LGBT youth conducted at San Francisco State University found that "compared with LGBT young people who were not rejected or were only a little rejected by their parents and caregivers because of their gay or transgender identity, highly rejected LGBT young people were:

Come on back up your claim that I abuse children or stfu

srry but I do not take that lightly and your comments just show that you are here being full of it playing the victims advocate and tryng to dump on my views in the process.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There are no flaws and your insistence on such highlights the dubious nature of your claims. Like many others your thought process on this subject has been insidiously manipulated, through no fault of your own. All evidence is eventually tainted by corruption. Also my critical thinking process is not against alternative ideas and interpretations however I don't just let new ideas enter my mind and just simply except them. That's on par with mind control.

link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: olaru12

you gotta start with the basics.

More strawman BS!

Do you honestly think that homosexuals don't know the basics.

link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well, it seems that anyone who argues with you is stupid! LOL! You are making a point that not all conversion therapy is bad. Does that mean you think some straight-to-gay conversion therapy would be OK? Simple question:

Yes or no.
If two gay parents had a heterosexual boy and wanted him to be gay, would it be abuse to send him somewhere to have "treatments" (mental OR physical) to discourage his attraction to girls and encourage his attractions to boys? Would ANY clinical engagement to change his sexuality to gay be considered abuse?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

What does some arbitrary characteristic of another poster have to do with the topic of this thread?

See the ball? The one that has "Conversion Therapy is Child Abuse" lettered on the side?

Why not leave personal differences out of it?

Or, as I just noticed ... "What Heretic Just Said!" LOL

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I can't help to be put in mind of Forrest Gump here.

I'm leaving this to you of the great patience with the failings of others ... thank you for bringing up the topic, Heretic!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

Gender identity crisis is a mental disorder and sexuality is a choice. These are truths that cannot be disputed and arguments against such facts are served only to force through political agendas by various groups wishing to social engineer for selfish gain.

As a staunch Muslim who knows not one single LGBT person, what would you say my agenda is when I assert that your asseveration is absolute bollocks?

I can not fully answer your question because you do not have an agenda. One cannot debate against empty space.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I can not fully answer your question because you do not have an agenda. One cannot debate against empty space.

What's my agenda, then? What selfish gain am I after?

What is this social engineering agenda you speak of?
edit on 10/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Then I'm slightly confused, Tindalos...

Because you say, and I quote...

These are truths that cannot be disputed and arguments against such facts are served only to force through political agendas [sic]

Now please elaborate or correct your initial notion please, kindly.

It's pretty rude to blanketly accuse all of us of such things.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

If you have good reading comprehension you will understand.

It is well known that many Muslims do not agree with/accept/tolerate LGBT...
Sometimes in extreme measures...

As a Quranist I can defy such silly superstition, but many Sunnis/Shia/Wahhabis etc are not so full of love as others...

Given the above, and as someone with no bias, to the extent that I know not a single LGBT community member...
Which agenda am I pushing to force social engineering?

Hopefully that clarifies on the point I was trying to make.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

So if I show you evidence that you are wrong are you going to deny it outright claiming manipulation or are you going to actually read and consider the evidence presented first?

Here's a study:
Ge nome-wide scan demonstrates significant linkage for male sexual orientation

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It just shows that once people find what they perceive to be stability and freedom they begin to bitch and create problems. It seems to me that you do know some lgbt in your area but they have not been givin the chance to voice their opinions.

Or that many countries have indoctrinated the population into believing a different reality of mental programming such as we see in the America thereby creating a society of confusion.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It seems to me that you do know some lgbt in your area.

No personally I really don't know a single one.

Only some lovely anonymous people online.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Gender identity crisis is a mental disorder and sexuality is a choice. These are truths that cannot be disputed and arguments against such facts are served only to force through political agendas by various groups wishing to social engineer for selfish gain.

Tindalos, do you realize that you have to be unknowingly (or rather not being honest with your self) bisexual if you truly believe sexuality is a choice. And since you were able to choose "right" gender, so should everyone else be able to, right? I mean, that is the only logical explanation I can think of. To everyone else the notion of it being a choice is absurd.

edit on 16-10-2015 by Crazy Diamond because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join