It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand religion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Atheism gives us a fleeting pedestal existence, where abundance is decadent and notwithstanding.

Atheists do not live for an afterlife. We live for today and value life for what it is. We dont worship an invisible creator who gives us meaning to our lives- we find our own meaning. This is the polar opposite of anti- life. To the contrary we aren't waiting in this life to get another.

I have hope only because I have faith. Without it, hopelessness only remains.

I feel sorry for you that you can't have hope without a belief in a god. With life comes hope, and I will never believe everything is hopeless even with all the religious warring going on every day on our planet. Notice the Atheists aren't fighting over 'my god is better than your god'. We're not fighting over anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I would label myself more agnostic than atheist, but atheistic views don't scare me and actually make the most sense in my opinion.

No beginning, no end, just always has been.

What I wonder is how many of these always has been instances exist.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well... you could equally state you don't understand love. I don't either.

We are a strange species and struggle with the irrational part. Some would even try to deny it, as it provokes fear, insecurity and melancholy as well.

Nothing new under the sun. You ask where you can find the hidden proof (besides from love)?

Euklids Golden Cut, ya know? It's friggin everywhere, let's call it harmony of life then. Out on a limb here but I think you'll catch the drift.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

we are also still struggling to determine precisely where sentimentality belongs in the vast realm of sentience, versus the pure pragmatism of rationality. mileage may vary.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
I've been around it my whole life. My mother tells me I should believe and obey God. She also told me the tooth fairy took my teeth and left quarters and santa brought me presents.

I don't get it. I don't see god anywhere. How can anyone see god when there is such turmoil in the world. You religious like to say he gave us free will, but then when someone dies you say it was part of god's plan.

I'm open to religion, I really am. If you present it to me in the form of the bible I will slap you linguistically as fast as I can. That is NOT PROOF.

You're right, the claim is even in the Bible that scripture itself is dead.

There are so many religions in the world, which one is right?

The one who proves you wrong when you are wrong.

I've read the bible, scriptures are just passages, meaning nothing and leading nowhere.

Where is the hidden text, where is the proof?

Life's a labyrinth, find out if you are searching for the start or the end and where you want to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There are so many religions in the world, which one is right?

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

The one who proves you wrong when you are wrong.

I like that phrase, reminds me of the phrase in the bible: "For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God" (2 Cor 10:5). Anyway:

TIME TO GIVE UP ON RELIGION, WHERE IS GOD

If anyone feels like it, they may confirm to me that the link above is working after some recent changes to youtube makes me unsure if it's on "private" now. I suspect hardly anyone ever clicks a link I'm sharing, but could someone perhaps make an exception just this once for example if they want to respond to this comment anyway?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join