It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I am as baffled as you are.....

originally posted by: Vector99

no, i'm genuine, I know damn well an idiot abroad is karl making some money by looking a fool.
mid 30's btw

You are contradicting yourself...... but anyway, we are off topic.
I have replied to your OP on my first post.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jon1

There is no god.Thinking otherwise is foolish.

Seek and you shall find nothing.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Fixed that for you, unless you consider Karl Pilkington an animal.

Karl is a showman, a comedian, he was never exploited.... don't you know that Karl owns his own company and he is a millionaire? And idiot abroad was just a show to make people laugh!

Ricky made him wealthy, he was a balding comedian before that

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I am as baffled as you are.....

no, i'm genuine, I know damn well an idiot abroad is karl making some money by looking a fool.
mid 30's btw

You are contradicting yourself...... but anyway, we are off topic.
I have replied to your OP on my first post.

how am I contradicting myself?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Sad, while many have attacked the OP only ONE person has addressed it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

This whole thread is sad. YOU are sad.

Leave people to believe what they want to believe. Your OP was full of #.

BUT the upside is maybe someone heard about Ricky from this thread. Yeah he's global and so is #kindnessismagic.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

my thread had nothing to do with Ricky Gervais

It had EVERYTHING to do with those who are religious enlightening me

I see why I am not religious thanks to this simple short thread

thank you.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

You have it in one....I would say approx 90% think and the rest know..
How can anyone prove that there is a god in the material world when God is in the spiritual world..

I assure you that it is easy to find God if you really want to find him...He made it easy for us but you have to want to find him...
When you do he will let you know with such a presence that you could never deny him anymore...

I could go on all day but i would be just banging my head against a wall...At the end of the day, you will not believe anything i say because we are on different sides of the coin here..

I wish you well..

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen

This whole thread is sad. YOU are sad.

Leave people to believe what they want to believe. Your OP was full of #.

BUT the upside is maybe someone heard about Ricky from this thread. Yeah he's global and so is #kindnessismagic.

Mods, this is the final quote, please close this

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

These are the wolves that i mentioned..
I hope that you find answers to your questions

cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Atheist here. There are some core reasons why people cling to religious beliefs.

1. The average person dealing with the struggles of day-to-day life as well as the horrors that occur in this world need SOMEthing to believe in that gives them a reason to do good and carry on. Many embrace the idea of a great and powerful authority figure who will ultimately provide bliss and at the same time admonishing the evil-doers. It's the only way they can rationalize good and evil in the world. They NEED to believe that there's ultimately a happy ending for their loved ones and themselves.

2. Nearly everyone wants to be special, to be important, and to be loved. Believing in an afterlife that will hug and praise their goodness for eternity fulfills this desire. Self-righteousness derived from considering oneself a soldier in their God's army is a powerful driving force.

3. Many spiritual folks who may or may not be religious are consumed by the perfection and beauty of the world around us. They cannot fathom the seemingly ideal structure of nature and physical existence without attributing that to a higher power that surely MUST have created it. This creates a powerful pull to believe, especially years ago, when there was no science to explain the reasons why everything exists and works so well in harmony.

4. Never underestimate the power and great success rate of teaching and indoctrination at a young age. As children, we are hugely susceptible to what our parents and elders tell us and the majority of believers have had these belief systems pounded into their heads from such a young age from everyone around them that they cannot possibly question it and continue the cycle.

5. The nature of people wanting to fit in and be accepted by others around them is very strong. A lot of folks will follow along with the herd JUST in case they may be right. They may have questions, but feel it unnecessary to pursue that particular line of doubt, instead preferring to focus on other aspects of their lives and maintaining what they know as normal in religious belief.

6. Our minds easily accept abstract ideas and beliefs. Link We're very good at placing possibilities as absolutes without proof. Especially when strange things happen that we cannot properly reason. Nearly everyone has had some form of "supernatural" or weird experience in their lives that they cannot place. People think they see ghosts, have a powerful sleep experience, NDE or any number of phenomena. Instead of attributing these occurrences to hallucinations or just plain reasoning, they decide that it MUST be accurately supernatural. It's a very quick path there, thanks to our brains, especially if we "SEE" these things. After all, seeing is believing. Just about every personal religious "experience" has a profound effect on the individual - giving a strong lean towards belief after occurring.
edit on 16-10-2015 by gottaknow because: I added two commas

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Have you ever thought that God is not the reason the planet is going through this mess? Who, what, when, where and why?

You have asked what millions of people have asked for. Some get a reply and others do not. I suggest you continue to ask God to show proof of his existence and one day he will. You might not like how he does it because flesh can not go where he is at.

I did exactly that.... I asked everyday until he showed me.....then I had a heart attack.... I died, I saw and came back. That was enough for me and for millions of others who have had a NDE.

If you are not that hardcore or pig headed (like I was) then I suggest you look around....not at the world situation but at the world.....all life forms, plant, animal, etc.....what made each part and how ...... something science can only speculate at. Show me proof that there is another planet out there...... anywhere that resembles life like on our planet?

Where is that planet full of life?

You will NOT be satisfied with any answer from ATS members or inside any book...... This is personal and it is something that YOU alone must experience. Hearing about it is hearsay...... seek and you shall find if you truly want the answer.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Inside me. I am INDEED a universe full of diverse life. Am I the creator of it? Well, yes, I am. Do I have any control of it?

no

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

A lot of what you say has some truth in it, however, with billions of people having a faith in God..don't you think that maybe there is a reason for it...
That even 0.1 % may be right and you could just be wrong....
cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

if billions of people believed the same thing we might have some moving ground, instead there is actually beliefs in between the beliefs to make the beliefs fit.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

if billions of people believed the same thing we might have some moving ground, instead there is actually beliefs in between the beliefs to make the beliefs fit.

We do have billions of people believing.... billions of Christians......billions of Islam

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'll tell you this, those that want to believe would love that wake up sign.

It will never come though.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Inside me. I am INDEED a universe full of diverse life. Am I the creator of it? Well, yes, I am. Do I have any control of it?

no

This is nothing more that new age beliefs....... one of the reasons why God has not shown himself to you......false worship to the one true creator......he has rules which you are ignoring.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

We do have billions of people believing.... billions of Christians......billions of Islam

and what has that done? besides mass genocide.

they all just BELIEVE. Sorry, god apparently made me skeptical

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'll tell you this, those that want to believe would love that wake up sign.

It will never come though.

Oh...... it will come but not with love......it will come by wrath.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join