It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What living person knows you the best? In this lifetime?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I ask this sincerely.
Today I watched a movie with Judi Dench and Kate Winslet - called "Iris". From 2001.

A young woman (Winslet) who is a passionate wordsmith (and writer) begins a love affair with a young fellow - and as she ages (Dench) she develops Alzheimers.

One thing she says to her husband is, "You are the only living person who knows me better than any other living person does."

Do you all have a person like that in your life?

I have two, who both know a LOT about me, but neither of them know EVERYTHING about me. I have two more, who know lots of things about me also....but neither of them know EVERYTHING either.

So - who is it, if you can name just ONE, who knows more about the real you than anyone else alive knows? (Of living people, currently incarnate and breathing.)

edit on 10/11/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

"A woman's heart is an ocean of secrets." --Kate Winslet from Titanic.

You didn't say who your most intimates are…

mine are me, myself and I.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Because I can't decide. I was first going to say my husband. Then, my mother. Then, my two kids.
Of the four of them, I guess my husband is the one who knows me best. My mom knows me really, really well, too.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
only my wife is truly "on the inside". I keep nothing from her, hide nothing from her.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So lucky, she is! It seems, from my experience, that it is a rare bird (male OR female) who actually has someone they can truly talk to. About EVERYTHING.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It's good to have family that knows you.

I know mine all too well, they don't care about anyone but themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I keep everybody at a certain level with myself, honestly would say nobody truly knows me, though they think they do, but choosing someone who knows me the most? I don't really have an answer, the handful of people I have in my life know me equal.

This thread, just made me realize, I have never really been... me... that's sad

edit on VpmSunday58pm1031 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

When you think about it, it's kind of daunting, eh?

I would LOVE for someone to know me inside-out, but, who dares bare all to another person?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Does the person need to be visible and/or real?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Very much so!

Question kinda makes me sad in a way, brings home a realization!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, a person you actually can (or could) talk to, a person you can hug, kiss, slap, whatever. A living person to whom you can TALK, without filtering out the stuff you are nervous about sharing.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I would LOVE for someone to know me inside-out, but, who dares bare all to another person?

Jack the Ripper could know you inside and out but I think it would be unrequited love on your part.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes...

So this excludes my friend Charles.

And my other friend Randy.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
LOL!!!
high five, Gus.
Very funny.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah, hate to nitpick - but - a person who you know In Real Life - who you can talk to about ANYTHING.

Actually, now that I think about it, my friend S comes very close.....but it's by no means mutual.
I know SOME things about her. She's a very good, attentive, active listener. I try to be as well, but she doesn't share her deepest stuff with me.

edit on 10/11/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yeah, hate to nitpick - but - a person who you know In Real Life - who you can talk to about ANYTHING.

After an impassioned discussion with Charles and Randy, in which I dissuaded them from committing numerous violent acts upon your person, they suggested I nominate a real person,.

That would be the wifey. She knows pretty much everything.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So, I guess for my life here...I need a posse. A small posse of people who each know SOME (or a LOT of) intimate things about me....but don't know ALL of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

My husband. And it's mutual. We "read each others minds", bare all, and we're best friends.

His mother has Alzheimers and he just got back from a visit with her. Over the three days, she asked him many times, "Who are you again"? And was thrilled to hear that he was her son.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think I'm getting there with my husband. Still have things I keep private (mostly the content of my dreams), but I think I know HIM better than anyone else alive knows him.

We've only been together for 10 years. Hopefully we'll get there. I trust we will.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Wow! Quick impassioned discussion!! Thanks for having my back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join