It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What living person knows you the best? In this lifetime?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:46 PM

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Wow! Quick impassioned discussion!! Thanks for having my back.

No worries. I like you.

Them. Not so much.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Simply my pets, they know who and what I am completely.....they see through my every guise.

Other than that my wife knows me more than any other person.

I feel a spiritual connection to nature as well and so speak to my higher power through that to. I tell it everything because it knows me and wants honesty. I can't deny a feeling of peace from doing so, and a sorting of priorities mentally.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
a reply to: Treespeaker

I was going to add "my pets" - because it's so true, isn't it?

They know me. They get me. I spend 7 days a week with them, often as the only "human" around.
They recognize when the household is enduring stress, when things aren't "quite right".

Thanks for your response!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
My ex knows things about my childhood that I never shared with anyone else, besides God.
Not parents, friends or family.

So I'd say my ex.

& for the astute & comprehensive, I'd guess a couple here as well.
edit on 11-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Mmm. My 'ex' (the father of my children) I have known for more than half of my life.
We do know each other very well -
thanks for mentioning that. We've raised two kids together (we were married when they were born), and still actively 'parent' those kids. And we have never been "out of" each other's lives. 33 years now.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:10 PM
No one.
There is no one.

I thought about if I were in a disguise or took another form would they know me?
Truly know me.
The would not...they may guess...

I think the closest is my S.O.

My mom would've known me...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I understand what you mean.
Very much understand it.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
I don't even know everything about me. There are large gaps of missing time I often wonder about.

I think my old mother used to know most of my secrets but her dementia has erased most of her past.
edit on 11-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
a reply to: olaru12

Oh my. Either of those situations would be hard. Both to have gaps, and to have my mom losing her grip.

As I think about it here, I'm wondering if maybe my daughter doesn't know me the best.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:54 PM

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So lucky, she is! It seems, from my experience, that it is a rare bird (male OR female) who actually has someone they can truly talk to. About EVERYTHING.

we don't talk about everything. We talk about everything that matters....but she isn't into the mysterious, or science, or anthropology. Those are my 3 biggest passions, so for that I have the internet. An endless sea of quasipeople.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:34 PM
My wife Carol..........My big fat Manx cat named Fat Boy 22lbs of black & white feline friendship. I swear this cat can read my mind! Then again it's my mind...not like it's a big ole chapter book like War & Peace. More of a "How Too Magazine" on how to be happy!
edit on 11-10-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
That would be my Beloved. We both had problems with lying, deceptive spouses in our first marriages. When we got together we swore that we would be honest. After over 30 years together it would be impossible not to be honest because he can read my mind as well as I read his. There is nobody else on earth whose company I could enjoy all day, every day, except him.
My mother was my best friend until she passed over but that was nearly 40 years ago.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
My mother would come closest. But completely??? No. Nobody.

Never has and never will. Sometimes not every thing needs to be shared.
edit on 10/11/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:58 PM
No one really. I am in a place right now, where I don't feel I truly know myself even.

People who get to know me have a bad habit of dying. I am jinxed, and it is safer for the people I care about.

My husband knows me to an extent, but he misinterprets my actions so often that it is hard for me to know if it is a lack of understanding on his part, or if I am just really hard to read.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:11 PM
There isn't a soul alive who knows me at any deep level or even knows everything about my life. My life is so compartmentalized and segmented out of necessity... This is the way I have grown up so any other thoughts or contemplations otherwise is simply terrifying. I can't imagine allowing yourself to be that vulnerable.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:15 PM

I ask this sincerely.
Today I watched a movie with Judi Dench and Kate Winslet - called "Iris". From 2001.

A young woman (Winslet) who is a passionate wordsmith (and writer) begins a love affair with a young fellow - and as she ages (Dench) she develops Alzheimers.

One thing she says to her husband is, "You are the only living person who knows me better than any other living person does."

The husband knows her better than anyone because she has Alzheimers.
If she didn't, 'she' would know 'herself' the best.
'Self' exists in the imagination, the ego, of the beholder!

Where there is unconditional Love, the two (imaginary/egoic) 'selves lose identity and become One!
To unconditionally Love the Universe, and all in it, One becomes Universal!
ALL inclusive!
ALL Knowing!
To know 'Self!' is to know All!

In such transcendental Love, there are no 'secrets', no 'hiding', no one to hide from!
You and I become We! Our!
Your pain is Our pain, your joy is Our Joy!

"What a man loves, he is. If he loves a stone he is that stone, if he loves a person he is that person, if he loves God - nay, I durst not say more; were I to say, he is God, he might stone me. I do but teach you the scriptures." - Meister Eckhart

Enlightenment = unconditional Love, the Knowledge (experience) of the 'unity' of the One Universal Omni- 'Self!'!
I am Blessed to be able to learn and practice this Love with another, with whom We share, unreservedly!

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
Only my husband. My mother is dead, but my relationship with my husband has already passed the amount of years she knew me from birth. My real dad left early on, my stepdad came in much later, my two siblings and I separated at different times...

The only person who has known me longer than my husband is my oldest son, by two years, and there is much he doesn't know about me. My husband knows it all, every detail, good and bad.

If anything ever happened to him, I feel like my past would be wiped out - nobody would know. It would be like I never happened, as far as the world is concerned. That's a wierd thought.
edit on 11-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:58 PM
I just have to say that; If you're married, and the answer to this question isn't your significant other, then there is something wrong, all faiths aside.

Parents aren't something we choose per say, so some people may never even know them, let alone them us.

But, if you've chosen a partner in life and they don't know the most about you and vise versa, then that all seems off to me.

That being said, my ex of 8 yrs is probably the person that knows me best, seen me through ups and downs and everything in between. Knows how my mind works and how my heart hurts. She was, and still to this day one of my best friends, you can't just let go after somebody knows you so well. You'd be a fool to anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you for posting this because it really got me thinking about things I have not really ever taken time to ponder and the answers I am coming up with here are somewhat painful to me.

The truthful and direct answer to the question is my sibling. My sister arrived when I was four years old. While my mother is still alive, being my mother means that there are aspects of my adult life that she does not know about at all ( rightfully so ) whereas my sibling knows at least bits and pieces of some of the more personal things.

Realizing that, over nearly half a century, my sibling has proven to be the most constant aspect of my world is both comforting and melancholy to me. There is a very strong voice, within, lamenting that I cannot say a spouse occupies this position.

I fell in love with the wrong person, some years back you see. Early on in our relationship she manipulated me, ever so gently, to release friends from my past, one by one, and replace them with her social circles. At the time I did not see it happening. It was very subtle and over the course of years. The end result was that, when she and I split up, literally my entire world went out of the door alongside her.

During that period, the small group of people who had a fairly accurate view to the whole of me ended up lost to me. Very saddening as I type this out.

I suppose the comfort I am finding here is that if I were to die today it is entirely possible that a mosaic of people, maybe two or three, could theoretically show up. This group, if they interacted, would be able to paint a very complete and accurate portrait of me if they chose to do so. Each possessing bits of the larger puzzle.

On a slightly related note... Now I am deeply inspired to write an autobiography for the sole purpose of leaving it behind as a record of who I felt myself to be, and a bread crumb of names and experiences that would allow anyone who cared to know my secrets, to be able to find them if they looked.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:02 AM
Hmm, I don't think anybody really knows me that well. Or perhaps I suffer from being misunderstood.

Probably my father understands me best. My children don't have a clue.

It's actually a difficult question to answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>