It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What living person knows you the best? In this lifetime?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
I can relate to that Heff. My ex removed many people from my life and prevented me from knowing others.

You also got me thinking, if I were to die. Nobody could deliver a eulogy about me and have it be correct, it would be all wrong. Oh Well, I suppose that's just their opinion they would give.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well Buzzy....the simplest answer to your question is ME!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Interesting responses; thanks everyone!

The more I think about it, the more I realize that *I* am really the only person who knows EVERYTHING about me.

What is sad is that so many people don't do the introspection required to really know themselves!!

It takes solitude, and time, and lots of thinking (and being in a state of mind that allows you to override the mundane and really just THINK about things). Not fun, and certainly not easy to take a good, hard, look at yourself - at your past, especially when you're say, over 40 - right after a mid-life review and "crisis" is a good time to do so.

It also takes a willingness to be honest with yourself.

I hope you all had a great weekend - I'm going to be busy working on home improvement and maintenance issues this week. (Good time to think about things, too).

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Naaah.....
You just like to think so.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It takes solitude, and time, and lots of thinking (and being in a state of mind that allows you to override the mundane and really just THINK about things). Not fun, and certainly not easy to take a good, hard, look at yourself - at your past, especially when you're say, over 40 - right after a mid-life review and "crisis" is a good time to do so.

It also takes a willingness to be honest with yourself.

That is so hard to do though!
Being honest with oneself....it takes a long time to come to honesty about oneself.

I am recently having to face a lot of things about myself that are very hard to accept. I have to remind myself not to judge, in order to let the truth emerge.
I find I have to do this every once in a while. Sometimes, it causes me to realize that others knew better than I wanted to admit!!!!

Some things they saw, I replied, no way, you must not know me!
But later, I figure out, they did. It was me who didn't know myself.

That can be very hard to face.
Remember to be dedicated to the truth, and not to judgement.
Not judging yourself is probably the most important step to knowing yourself, and letting others know you!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

HIGH FIVE!!!

I don't know your age, but I'm turning 57 in about a month -
I have not been in the "Full-time paid workforce" since 2008.

That has given me LOTS of time to think, and reflect, and take a much-needed breather. After running around working and going to school and raising kids and trying to sustain/maintain relationships, surviving the death of my father, the major life crises of loved ones, etc.....
It literally took me FIVE YEARS to feel unwound enough to begin having some thoughts of rejoining "life in the work world" as we know it. People just don't have TIME to sit and think, to reflect, even to sleep!!

I was so tightly wound that it's a wonder I didn't have a stroke. But I didn't. I worked my way through some very difficult gauntlets, made some very difficult choices and decisions.....
and now am in a position to spend as much of my time in solitude as I want.

I've grown a lot in those years. And watched my loved ones grow, as well.

It's a real shame that some people never have that opportunity - to just "be." Oh, I still have responsibilities to others, and that is my occupation now - caring for my husband and pets, being the "executive housekeeper" and "bookkeeper" and cook and laundress and errand-runner and grounds-person, etc.

But I have lots of time to just THINK.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm 47, but in my twenties, I came to France to live, and didn't speak a word of the language. So I was completely handicapped, cut off from everyone around me (and no internet at that time!) and could not work- so I spent all my time isolated. I did lots of hiking alone, meditation, writing.... I had my "years in the desert" so to speak, which allowed me to focus on a path of introspection, destroying my identity and creating a new one.

I know it isn't something everyone can have an opportunity to do.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join