It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia just handed ISIS a 'big win' in Syria's largest city

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well it seems Russia is helping ISIS more than hurting them.

The terror group ISIS made gains near Syria's largest city in the last 24 hours, indirectly aided by Russian airstrikes that drove other groups out.
ISIS militants seized five villages on the northern edge of Aleppo, putting them within 1 mile of territory held by the Syrian regime, Reuters reports.

Russian airstrikes in the area reportedly killed hundreds of anti-regime rebels, many of whom ISIS (also known as the Islamic State, ISIL, and Daesh) was also fighting.

"Daesh has exploited the Russian air strikes and the preoccupation of the (rebel) Free Syrian Army in its battles in Hama, and advanced in Aleppo," one rebel commander told Reuters.

So far, Russia's campaign against rebels in Syria has hit anti-regime fighters about 90% of the time while leaving ISIS strongholds untouched. And up until now, rebel groups have been successful keeping ISIS out of Aleppo.

finance.yahoo.com...

This sure doesn't help Assad, but it seems to be helping ISIS gain ground.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You do realise that by presenting such information in such a biased way you are basically proving yourself as a person with biased points of view, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Don't sweat it.
Russia has enough bombs for all these little bands of degenerate desperados.
Anything armed that isn't Syrian Government looks like fair game to me.

On the other hand what source is this information from?
edit on 9-10-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So far, Russia's campaign against rebels in Syria has hit anti-regime fighters about 90% of the time while leaving ISIS strongholds untouched. And up until now, rebel groups have been successful keeping ISIS out of Aleppo.

The longer ISIS is around. The longer Russia gets to stay there.

It's of no benefit to strike them. Russia wants active bases there.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Using the word helping "Well it seems Russia is helping ISIS more than hurting them."
is not only incorrect but in fact it is fabrication, just saying.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

You do realise that by presenting such information in such a biased way you are basically proving yourself as a person with biased points of view, right?

What's biased as the only thing I said is it doesn't help Assad, but does help ISIS...that's not being biased, it's the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jesus they've only been there a week and already people are complaining that they're doing it wrong.

Pure propaganda.

Oh... BTW...

*Article Quote*
"I'm sure..."
& "if..."
& another "if..." in the following sentence...

Nothing verifiable in the least.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah....ok.

From your link:

Hassan Hassan, an expert on Syria who recently coauthored the book "ISIS: Insider the Army of Terror," told Business Insider that ISIS' gains near Aleppo are a "big win."

"I’m sure ISIS has sleeper cells in Aleppo," Hassan said. "If they pushed, if they held their ground then that would be … a big win for them.

"They could actually establish a foothold inside Aleppo, and it also helps them to make more progress in Hama," another key city in western Syria.

So Hassan Hassan:

Hassan Hassan is associate fellow at Chatham House, a non-resident fellow at the Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy, and co-author of New York Times Bestseller ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror. Follow him on Twitter: @hxhassan

www.theguardian.com...

Chatham House:

Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. Our mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world. - See more at: www.chathamhouse.org...

A western think tank on international affairs. Curious I say, last time I read and researched a think tank they had authored "Plan for a New American Century. Boy was that a doosey.

Hmm, wonder if they might have any bias in their reporting?

So did he watch it happen?
Did someone stop running from the missiles to call Hassan and let him know the ISIS is coming?

He's pretty on top of his game.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Using the word helping "Well it seems Russia is helping ISIS more than hurting them."

Is that not what they are doing by defeating the groups ISIS was fighting?

And as Russian airstrikes weaken the nationalist opposition and ISIS' jihadist rivals, ISIS is taking advantage of opportunities to move into territory it wasn't previously able to secure.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Is that not what they are doing by defeating the groups ISIS was fighting?

And as Russian airstrikes weaken the nationalist opposition and ISIS' jihadist rivals, ISIS is taking advantage of opportunities to move into territory it wasn't previously able to secure.

finance.yahoo.com...

You misquoted me. Shame on you.
I said: Using the word helping "Well it seems Russia is helping ISIS more than hurting them."
is not only incorrect but in fact it is fabrication, just saying.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Russians are leaving ISIS forces for the Iranian troops to mop up.

Phase One: Secure Assad's control over Syria, by eliminating American-backed rebels---CHECK

Phase Two: Have Iranian troops rout ISIS out of Syria and corrall them back into Iraq, where Iranian troops can pincher ISIS from all sides, decimating them with Russian airpower and Iranian troops...and...

Phase Three: Use Iranian troops to clean up a tattered and degraded ISIS across northern Iraq...leaving an occupying Iranian military presence and influence in place throughout the ISIS rout across Iraq.

Phase Four: Annex and conquer Northern Iraq and create an Iranian-Russian corridor of control and influence via Syria-Iraq-Iran.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah well we took Iraq in a week.

So there.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The Russians are leaving ISIS forces for the Iranian troops to mop up.

Phase One: Secure Assad's control over Syria, by eliminating American-backed rebels---CHECK

Phase Two: Have Iranian troops rout ISIS out of Syria and corrall them back into Iraq, where Iranian troops can pincher ISIS from all sides, decimating them with Russian airpower and Iranian troops...and...

Phase Three: Use Iranian troops to clean up a tattered and degraded ISIS across northern Iraq...leaving an occupying Iranian military presence and influence in place throughout the ISIS rout across Iraq.

Phase Four: Annex and conquer Northern Iraq and create an Iranian-Russian corridor of control and influence via Syria-Iraq-Iran.

Bingo! And all because we couldn't just simply play nice.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Jesus they've only been there a week and already people are complaining that they're doing it wrong.

Pure propaganda.

Oh... BTW...

*Article Quote*
"I'm sure..."
& "if..."
& another "if..." in the following sentence...

Nothing verifiable in the least.

That's right if it isn't a heartwarming story about great Russia...it's just propaganda.

I guess i should have expected post's like this when it's about Russia.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well it seems....... Russia is helping ISIS more than hurting them.
Well it seems....... like this could be fabricated.
Well it seems....... like this could be biased.

I don't think I would create a thread starting with "Well it seems."

I wonder if it is "as it seems."

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I am not sure any information we are receiving about Syria is acurate,take a looky here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

But I don't like Russia.
Or Putin.

So you expected wrong.

That doesn't change the fact that he said "I'm sure they have sleepers" and the word "if" twice in two sentences.

Also, who was this "rebel" that spoke to Reuters?
Could be anyone, making up whatever, for any agenda they wish and Reuters ran with it because it fits their narrative that this is all a mistake.

But sorting out this # in Syria isn't a mistake, so go Putin. For now.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Look at his avatar and you know he's a lot more than a little ....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am not sure any information we are receiving about Syria is acurate,take a looky here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't pressed the link but come on!!!! I don't give a proverbial's rear end whether it is pro or anti whatever! It's a freaking link to a conspiracy website DUH!. Please post links to sites that at least purport to be serious newsworthy sources , even RT is better !!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join