It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia just handed ISIS a 'big win' in Syria's largest city

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You do realise that by presenting such information in such a biased way you are basically proving yourself as a person with biased points of view, right?

Look at his avatar and you know he's a lot more than a little ....

I use ATS precisely so I can gather the news from all possible sources. I would absolutely hate people like that member to not be here, avatars are silly most of the time.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
That's right if it isn't a heartwarming story about great Russia...it's just propaganda.

I guess i should have expected post's like this when it's about Russia.

Sharp intake of breathe. The ATS ruskies won't take kindly to being proved wrong. Whatever happened to the reports of ISIS "fleeing to Europe" after the Russians started this? Oh hang on that was RT .......hmmm.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Have Russian boots hit the ground yet? I remember hearing they're sending 150,000 troops as well as spetsnaz teams. If they haven't gotten there or haven't started running ops yet then who cares if they gain a little ground. Do you really think they're gonna hold those cities from a full on military force...hell no! They're gonna get run out into the neighboring countries. Then if Russia is lucky they will have made a good impression and will be invited into other countries to help as well. Not saying I wanna see Russia take control of the region but you can bet as well as we Americans wanted to psudo own the region the Russians probably would love the oil rights too.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If you watch what Russia are doing there airstrikes are in coordination with Assads ground forces.

That means some of the heat being temporally take off ISIS in some area.

I will hazard a guess that is meant to be temporary until the ground forces catch up and reach ISIS territory then ISIS will get it.

Russia will likley screw it up but meh. We had our chance in the west and we blew it.

Its what the west should have been doing the moment the war spilled over the borders. Spread out aitstrikes with no ground support was a waste of time.
edit on 9-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

You do realise that by presenting such information in such a biased way you are basically proving yourself as a person with biased points of view, right?

Look at his avatar and you know he's a lot more than a little ....

I use ATS precisely so I can gather the news from all possible sources. I would absolutely hate people like that member to not be here, avatars are silly most of the time.

The internet has a thing called Google. Use it to hunt down sites of various political leanings from various countries. Build your own links by examining the sites. Please note you will need to cross reference some quite mundane stories to determine what the agenda of the site is. Once you have that you can use them to verify the veracity of the posts on ATS.

Please don't rely on conspiracists or anybody on ATS (myself included) to direct you to your own source of info. Make your own mind up!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

if its not blatant Russian propaganda, it must be biased.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am not sure any information we are receiving about Syria is acurate,take a looky here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't pressed the link but come on!!!! I don't give a proverbial's rear end whether it is pro or anti whatever! It's a freaking link to a conspiracy website DUH!. Please post links to sites that at least purport to be serious newsworthy sources , even RT is better !!!!!

Well if you clicked the link you would have been led to this link here www.globalresearch.ca... ro-democracy-terrorism/5331072
Which goes on to explain that many MSM sites are using this organisation called SOHR as a source which is a one man

The United Kingdom-based SOHR is run out of a two-bedroom terraced home in Coventry by one person, Rami Abdulrahman,[3] a Syrian Sunni Muslim who also runs a clothes shop. After three spells in prison in Syria, Abdulrahman came to Britain in 2000 fearing a longer, fourth jail term.[1] The New York Times in April 2013 described him being on the phone all day every day with contacts in Syria, and checking all information himself.[3] Born Osama Suleiman, he adopted a pseudonym during his years of activism in Syria, and has used it publicly ever since.[3]
Abdulrahman's website is at syriahr.com and syriahr.net (in Arabic) and syriahr.com/en (in English).
In a December 2011 interview with Reuters,[1] Abdulrahman said the observatory has a network of 200 people and that six of his sources had been killed. Abdulrahman reports on events in the Syrian uprising, including the deaths of civilians, rebels and army defectors (whom he calls "martyrs")[4] and government soldiers.[5]

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Were the groups that were driven out friendly to Russia? If not they would have had to fight through them to get to the IS anyway. I don't think Russia is going to waste time figuring out who is who or trusting people with weapons who aren't Syrian military to not shoot at them or their allies. Even if they could get one of their leaders to call a cease-fire I think they would want them to disarm or at least vacate areas where they are going to be operating against the IS.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I imagine once Russia puts boots on the ground to bolster the small numbers the Syrian army has to field at the moment we will see ISIS and the other rebels pushed out quickly. At the moment I would figure they're softening the opposition up. You know hitting targets of supply lines comms and the likes. Maybe even selecting targets based on the weaponry they have. I'm sure some of these groups are packing some pretty nice US gear...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I said I use it as an aggregate, what part of getting news from all possible sources did you miss? Perhaps the fact that I do not accept news from the MSM?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

if its not blatant Russian propaganda, it must be biased.

Obviously that is the case. I am not the type of person who will simply accept lies when they are presented to me, as some fat plate of rubbish I should swallow.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This vid tries to sort out some of the missinfo and show as best he can who's who and what is going on .

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i always wondered how it's possible for IS to take a city when US (and now even russia) have air superiority.

this is not like 10 IS terrorists dressed as goats sneak into a town.
that must be several pick ups with heavy weapons and some hundred men.

why don't they get evaporated on their way to aleppo?
once they hide inside the city the fight will be much harder. aside from more beheadings and other atrocities the will commit.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

That is a good question. The US took out the Iraqi army in about a week but this JV team can almost take over entire countries with the entire western nations trying to take them out and now Russia. It doesn't add up. The missing factor could be competent ground forces but in Iraq most had given up before the ground forces even got to them and after that they had to rely solely on terrorist attacks to hit back. They didn't control entire cities or large portions of the nations like is happening with the IS and they certainly weren't driving around in tanks and Toyota columns any time after the initial invasion.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join