It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian War information is Propaganda from ONE source

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If you’ve ever watched any reports on the Syrian civil war on TV or read any reports anywhere you have noticed none of the reports are ever reporting from anywhere near Syria.

Also you read this often on the Web and on blogs: According to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights SOHR

If you look this group is all over the place and “SOHR is frequently quoted by major news media, such as Voice of America, Reuters, BBC, CNN and National Public Radio, about daily numbers of ISIL/ISIS fighters and civilians killed in airstrikes in Syria.”

So actually were getting info on what's really happening in Syria from this organization.

Lets take a look at this organization:

Syrian Observatory for Human Rights
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) founded in May 2006 is an information office documenting human rights abuses in the Syrian Civil War. Rami Abdulrahman's UK-based SOHR has been cited by virtually every western news outlet since the beginning of the uprising.[1][2] Since the start of coalition airstrikes against ISIL/ISIS in September 2014, SOHR is frequently quoted by major news media, such as Voice of America, Reuters, BBC, CNN and National Public Radio, about daily numbers of ISIL/ISIS fighters and civilians killed in airstrikes in Syria.
The United Kingdom-based SOHR is run out of a two-bedroom terraced home in Coventry by one person, Rami Abdulrahman,[3] a Syrian Sunni Muslim who also runs a clothes shop. After three spells in prison in Syria, Abdulrahman came to Britain in 2000 fearing a longer, fourth jail term.[1] The New York Times in April 2013 described him being on the phone all day every day with contacts in Syria, and checking all information himself.[3] Born Osama Suleiman, he adopted a pseudonym during his years of activism in Syria, and has used it publicly ever since.[3]
Abdulrahman's website is at syriahr.com and syriahr.net (in Arabic) and syriahr.com/en (in English).
In a December 2011 interview with Reuters,[1] Abdulrahman said the observatory has a network of 200 people and that six of his sources had been killed. Abdulrahman reports on events in the Syrian uprising, including the deaths of civilians, rebels and army defectors (whom he calls "martyrs")[4] and government soldiers.[5]

A ONE MAN OPERATION OUT OF A TWO BEDROOM HOME!

Oh he also runs a clothing store on the side

And this is where were getting all this Syrian information from

Of course he is anti Assad

SOHR has been accused of selective reporting, covering only violent acts of the government forces against the opposition for the first two years of its existence. Although critics concede that its reports have become less partisan, critics interviewed by AsiaNews, the official press agency of the Roman Catholic Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions, charge that as of 2013 SOHR "continues to defend Islamic extremists to avoid losing support among rebel forces".[9]

NOW WE KNOW WHY INFORMAYTION ON THIS WAR IS CRAP

Let's dig deeper

“Pro-Democracy Terrorism”: The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is a Propaganda Front funded by the EU

The NYT admits fraudulent Syrian human rights group is UK-based “one-man band” funded by EU and one other “European country.”

In reality, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has long ago been exposed as an absurd propaganda front operated by Rami Abdul Rahman out of his house in England’s countryside. According to a December 2011 Reuters article titled, “Coventry – an unlikely home to prominent Syria activist,” Abdul Rahman admits he is a member of the so-called “Syrian opposition” and seeks the ouster of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad:

So now we know all the propaganda about Syria is from this nefarious front group for EU or NATO

ALL THE NEWS THAT BS AND NOT FIT TO PRINT...ANYWHERE BUT IN AMERICA!

Member as you read what's going on in Syria you will find this group all over the place making sure Assad is shown in the worst light and justifying the Terrorists actions

The NYT piece admits:

Military analysts in Washington follow its body counts of Syrian and rebel soldiers to gauge the course of the war. The United Nations and human rights organizations scour its descriptions of civilian killings for evidence in possible war crimes trials. Major news organizations, including this one, cite its casualty figures.Yet, despite its central role in the savage civil war, the grandly named Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is virtually a one-man band. Its founder, Rami Abdul Rahman, 42, who fled Syria 13 years ago, operates out of a semidetached red-brick house on an ordinary residential street in this drab industrial city [Coventry, England].

So one anti-Assad Arab is the one who is shaping the American view of this civil war!

The New York Times also for the first time reveals that Abdul Rahman’s operation is indeed funded by the European Union and a “European country” he refuses to identify:

NATO....NATO....NATO....AND NATO

edit on 8-10-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here is an example of the reality that we are being programmed by a propaganda front

This quote is from one of the MSM worst tabloids Huffington Post who are relying on a known propaganda front for their "world news

Moscow insists it is only striking militants but the Britain-based [Syrian Observatory for Human Rights] said Russian airstrikes in Idlib killed at least seven civilians on Wednesday. Previously, at least 40 civilians were killed on the first day of the Russian airstrikes last week.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thanks OP as this and other social media sources are being lined up behind the friendly named NGO's that are either directly created or infiltrated to conduct the propaganda campaign needed to keep the Empire going . S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
......imagine my surprise.

No really.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

When I was in college I did an internship at a public relations firm. The first thing you learned was that news people are really lazy, but they still have to fill daily the space in papers/radio/television. So we worked for clients that rather than pay for advertising (which is very expensive) would hire us to get free advertising that was “news.” Our clients were small to large – grocery chains, a car company, a local mall, and even a rather prominent politician at one point.

I worked mainly with the print sections (this was the 1980's and people still read newspapers), so I would write up a press release in the standard journalist form of a newspaper article: the eye-catching headline, the inverted pyramid copy, where you go from general to detail, even put the “###” at the bottom. I would fax these items to targeted news outlets, and specific journalists (we had a list of lazy ones, drunks, hacks, etc.)

My boss would get the targeted newspapers the next morning and about 35% of the time I would read my copy, word for word, out of the paper. Not many people realize that reports are pretty stupid, lazy, drunk etc, and that what you are consuming as news is really being designed for consumption by “hidden hands.”
edit on 8-10-2015 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Seriously? One man in a flat in Coventry.
It just reminds me of some-one. Another one man in a flat in Paris. Oh what was his name? Oh yes, Ruhollah Khomeini.
I wonder what he did.
That's sarcasm by the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This guy could be anybody and when they print in those articles Syrian Observatory for Human Rights people think this is some official and knowledgeable institution and in-fact it’s a propaganda shop for the EU and NATO.

Go over those old articles you ever read about the Syrian civil war or even in the future you will constantly read : the Syrian Observatory for human rights and rarely ever in the Western media any neutral source

Its no wonder you hear like a broken record from the leaders of the EU, NATO and the US:

From Obama: Assad’s got to go

From the British leader: Assad’s got to go

Just today from the French leader: Assad’s got to go

It tells us that NATO has ordered these leaders to tow the same line everywhere and that this is a NATO operation and that NATO is running the show

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That explains why the website is an eye sore. One man army? He's a keyboard warrior documenting whatever he finds online and major MSM outlets use him as a source? Oh god...

This whole I thought it was a team of people, and some in Syria possibly, recording and reporting...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That explains why the website is an eye sore. One man army? He's a keyboard warrior documenting whatever he finds online and major MSM outlets use him as a source? Oh god...

This whole I thought it was a team of people, and some in Syria possibly, recording and reporting...

Indeed, Its propaganda on the cheap, in the time of austerity...that’s why their op has been exposed

Now its for people to adjust.

For as the say the proverbial cat is out of the bag and it’s a scrawny cat with fleas

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Now that they are exposed….Like any good con man they will adjust

Let me ask people here: Have you ever seen a professional con man in operation?

Well I have and let me assure you it’s a sight to behold: the utter ruthless way when they are caught they just move the con to another level…keep on pushing…and pushing…and pushing to the mark takes the bait AGAIN!

The Western propaganda mill is the con man here, and the American people are the mark

the con is being moved right now!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Good find

Must be my sick sense of humor but i find this rather funny,and the media using this guy as a source is likely a step up from other sources that have been used in the past over varying stories...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Excellent work there Mulder. We need to deconstruct as much disinformation the western MSM is spewing at us as we can,

You and I both know, because we're always sourcing it, that the best english speaking news channel for the actual truth on the situation remains RT. Even Al Jazeera seems to be taking the western stance unfortunately.

This video below is what made me go down the rabbit hole with Syrian situation. I saw a Syrian soldier who could be my next door neighbor if he spoke English presenting a what appeared to be very genuine insight into what is really going on. I started digging and to my horror I uncovered just how much we have been lied to.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I hope this is an eye open for all. This example should be seen as a stark reminder the length Western media is going to feed lies to it's general populace.

Wake up people, one man's opinion is been blown out of portion, to push worldly agenda's by western governments.

Very good find Willtell, keep up the good work of uncovering those lies!

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

You and I both know, because we're always sourcing it, that the best english speaking news channel for the actual truth on the situation remains RT. Even Al Jazeera seems to be taking the western stance unfortunately.

A quick internet search suggest you better add the chinese and vietnamese to the list of news agencies at odds with the RT view.

I have a sneaking suspicion (heavy sarcasm) that these two nations are not dependant on being cosy with the west.

Your problem is an inability to admit that you are being misled by RT.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

How is it misleading when one can read different sources of information to form an opinion?

If anything, basing your views on Western media alone is also an in ability to admit being misled.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

RT do present propaganda, I am well aware of this and there is a fair amount of politicising going on with their channel.

However, when they start interviewing people like the retired Intelligence chief of the USA who admits that things America are doing is not helpful to the situation in Syria along with many other recognisable world figures it does make you start to sit up and listen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; even the devil tells the truth sometimes. RT will and does tell the actual truth if it helps make them look good.
edit on 8-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

RT do present propaganda, I am well aware of this and there is a fair amount of politicising going on with their channel.

However, when they start interviewing people like the retired Intelligence chief of the USA who admits that things America are doing is not helpful to the situation in Syria along with many other recognisable world figures it does make you start to sit up and listen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; even the devil tells the truth sometimes. RT will and does tell the actual truth if it helps make them look good.

When you hear a lot about one side of a story, it's only fair to hear the other side, to really see if that all the accusations are true.

And sometimes, when the accused starts talking, your image of the boogy man you thought just vanishes, and you are left with a sane person having a chat with the interviewer.

And the more you start digging deep, the more you tell propaganda from real news. RT does throw their spin on it. The ability to pick BS, just becomes second nature, and you know what's real news and what's not.

Am sure many such as yourself, passed that stage already.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What’s funny and amazing at the same time, and what HOPENOT FEAR may be alluding to, is the fact that the American people are not even worth a well financed propaganda campaign anymore….that’s how dumbed down the public is

Good gracious...the American people can be had for such a meager outlay is incredible.

Imagine what will happen when they put some real resources behind these schemes

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What's also funny is that I don't see any pro-Western poster acknowledging a western media caught out lying. Makes one wonder if there are really paid shills posting this sites.

Just saying

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join