It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivy League Proffessor and MSNBC Contributor Calls Dr. Ben Carson a "Coon"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well what a title.
I clicked the thread expecting to find some good hearted humor.
Nota single decent joke in the thread accept all the libs saying of yea she should not say that but...

edit on 9-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

By your logic, she could just as easily use the same description for Obama. After all, IMO most people understand that the current president (and past presidents for many years) are sell outs, puppets etc . Can you imagine the result if she had used that term to describe Obama?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If I had to vote today, I'd vote for Carson. If this kind of talk is what we are to expect from the left, then more will probably feel the same. So keep it up!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

That's exactly the same use of that word over this side of the pond too....well, perhaps most commonly used during the 1970's actually, but it meant the same thing your urban dictionary says it did.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So what, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And Obama has been called that and worse in a public forum, by other black people, it's just that Breitbart can't get any clicks for it when such rhetoric is directed at people that aren't conservative.

Jeez, everyone knows that site is all about mud slinging, infotainment at it's finest.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie
Who called the racist in chief a coon?

You said even worse than that with no outrage.

I am interested in knowing more of what you refer.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

That's exactly the same use of that word over this side of the pond too....well, perhaps most commonly used during the 1970's actually, but it meant the same thing your urban dictionary says it did.

It comes from the dumb hicks with trained dogs to hunt raccoons back in the day would be used to track down runaway slaves with the dogs. Actually the opposite from the term uncle tom that showed a slaves willingness to live in the big house.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Ehhh.... thanks for the 'dumb hicks' remark. I guess. Frankly, I get tired of Southerners being called names. Yes, I am from the south and have a southern accent. That does not have any bearing on my intelligence. Just ask my former teachers and professors.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

yea sometimes my self loathing can be a buzz kill

I am a hick myself and I have determined that hicks that use dogs to chase runaway slaves were dumb
all past tense and no bearing on us today

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm black. Maybe I can shed some light.

This professor's comment was outrageous and it shows the double standard of the liberal left and in particular, how nasty black liberals can be. These types of insults are common. Journalist Juan Williams was told on TV to "get back on the porch" by a black liberal commentator for disagreeing a couple of years ago. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

In the black community, we have long held in disdain blacks who sell out to white folks. This goes back to the slavery days of when you had slaves that lived in the house and then your field slaves. Often times the slaves that lived in the house were treated better and in many cases, would actually love their masters more than their own people. For reference, think Samuel Jackson's character, Stephen in Django.

In post slavery times, black often refer to other blacks who exhibit some of these characteristics as Uncle Toms, Sell outs, Coons, etc. However, at some point, these insults were directed at any black who doesn't tow the liberal party line. I think this really started happening around the civil rights era when many blacks started taking on the pro-black back to africa ideologies. Anything that could be perceived as to assimilating with white people could be looked at as being a negative such as speaking proper english, education, etc. This where the whole "acting white" thing comes from in the black community.

It is quite comical really. By any measures, one of the best brain surgeons EVER is a "coon" because of his political beliefs. Yet these same black liberal professors will canonize losers like Freddy Gray as some sort of civil rights icon or won't have sh*t to say about these buck dancing buffoons in hip hop.

I have a lot of pride in the black community. But I've been called every name under the sun for not agreeing with the liberal political positions.

It just goes to show you how brain washed the black community as whole has become with liberalism.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You have to be black to know that history?

Sounds like you just want to appeal to authority so your 'it's all liberals' fault makes more sense.

I'll add that I some what agree, that it does seem the community, well some people, take issue with people that don't 'act' black enough. Though take issue with you wanting to put all the blame on liberals.
Plenty of rap music that speaks out against the blind stype about drugs money and women and plenty of people who speak our against it. It's funny to see who controls most of those labels though.
Liberals aren't bit at fault for slavery where by your own admission this all started.
edit on thFri, 09 Oct 2015 12:13:16 -0500America/Chicago1020151680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It helps in today's cry baby scene.

I think these blurbs come from the spiritual realm

I would rather be a coon than an uncle tom

It is two completely different terms one meaning that a black person is trying to stand against the man and the other showing a black person giving into the man.

I am still convinced that America has really not had a black potus yet and I think carson is a better choice as a person regardless of color to run this country next compared to the rest of the candidates.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You have to be black to know that history?

Sounds like you just want to appeal to authority so your 'it's all liberals' fault makes more sense.

Where did I say you had to be black to know that history? If you already know the history, then my post doesn't apply to you. Given some of the other replies where some people clearly didn't understand the "coon" comment as being an insult, I felt it apt to give some background and why it is an insult.

Are you denying that there is a double standard in how the liberals and the media treat blacks who don't conform to the liberal narrative?

Blacks vote 95% for democrats. Universities are filled with these liberal black social justice professors. I went to a HBCU so I am very familiar in dealing with them and their false narratives of oppression. They love to call anyone who doesn't conform coons, sellouts, Uncle Toms, and the like. The thing is none of them can even remotely discuss any substantive policy or other positions with any factual basis.

Like I said, Ben Carson is a coon. Thomas Sowell is a coon. Shelby Steele is a coon. Walter Williams is a coon. Herman Cain is a coon. Bill Cosby is a coon. Jason Riley is a coon. Occasionally Juan Williams when he takes a conservative position. all of these people have been attacked ruthlessly. Regardless of how successful some of these blacks may be, they are ostracized by the black liberal left for not conforming the liberal political narratives even when those narratives may actually be damaging the black community.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sort of like Harry Belafonte calling Colin Powell a "house slave". Another fine moment. Ranks right up there with the crap Condolezza Rice, Michael Steele, and Clarence Thomas have had to put up with.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Gee , a Progressive Liberal Ivy League Professor who happens to be a Closet Racists shows her True Colors in a Public Remark to a News Agency . Not Very Smart there Professor , was it ? Grade - F .
edit on 9-10-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
But she is a liberal, black woman so that's ok for her to say it without repercussions. Only if a white male said it they would be villified and fired. Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I am denying the double standard is only one sided.

I think some of people still see the GOP as the party that held them back 50 years ago with the civil rights movement and hold some unjust anger. And then yes look back at the history of the plantations and haciendas and look at that context for their slurs.

I would bet those getting called the names have done plenty of name calling right back, so not sure the double standard is really there but just people fighting like everyone does.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy Old Anthea seems bitter. Whether you like his politics or not, Ben calls them as he sees them, unaffected by political correctness. Anthea, on the other hand, is a second rate mind who has an appointment at Penn because of her gender and race. She follows the PC crowd for group approval and uses it to leverage her importance.
I nominate her for "Twit of the Year."

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I am denying the double standard is only one sided.

I think some of people still see the GOP as the party that held them back 50 years ago with the civil rights movement and hold some unjust anger. And then yes look back at the history of the plantations and haciendas and look at that context for their slurs.

I would bet those getting called the names have done plenty of name calling right back, so not sure the double standard is really there but just people fighting like everyone does.

Funny thing is that it was Democrats, not the GOP. Democrats were the party of slavery. The KKK was basically a militant wing of the Democrat Party. Segregationist were Democrats. It was Democrats who killed the first attempt at a civil rights bill. Heck, Democrats elected a former klan member, Robert Byrd as speaker of the house in the 80s.

Of course, many will claim the "southern strategy" and the parties switched but that is some bunk.

You know what else is funny about this coon, Uncle Tom thing? If you actually read Uncle Tom's Cabin, the main character Uncle Tom was actually refusing to abuse the other slaves. It shows you how ignorant most of these liberal blacks actually are...

From Wikipedia: "Uncle Tom, the title character, was initially seen as a noble, long-suffering Christian slave. In more recent years, however, his name has become an epithet directed towards African-Americans who are accused of selling out to whites. Stowe intended Tom to be a "noble hero"[27] and praiseworthy person. Throughout the book, far from allowing himself to be exploited, Tom stands up for his beliefs and is grudgingly admired even by his enemies."

But hey, liberalism has never been based on facts and logic.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: atlscribe

I would have thought so atlscribe.

That's why i posted what i said. Basically, there's no uproar because the 'racism' came from another black person.

The premise is silly. You cannot be racist against your own race.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join