It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivy League Proffessor and MSNBC Contributor Calls Dr. Ben Carson a "Coon"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Looks like we have a new low for the progressive media and the Ivy League.

Dr. Ben Carson deserves a “‘coon of the year’ award,” says a tweet from Anthea Butler, a University of Pennsylvania religious-studies professor and a frequent MSNBC guest.

Butler’s revealing invective was in response to a tweet from Daily Beast editor-at-large Goldie Taylor. That tweet highlighted a Sports Illustrated article in which Carson championed Americans’ right to fly flags — including the Confederate flag — that other Americans see as a symbol of hate.

Bulter, whose Twitter account is locked, apparently deleted the tweet attacking Dr. Carson. But not before someone captured a screen grab of it.

www.breitbart.com...

Prof. Justin McDaniel, chairman of the University of Pennsylvania’s religious-studies program, did not repond to Butler’s tweet but said she is a “valued colleague and faculty member.”

Imagine the backlash if a Proffessor at any college not to mention an Ivy League school called Obama a racial slur in a public forum. The double standards in society and the media are staggering. A rodeo clown gets suspended and has to undergo sensitivity training for wearing an Obama mask, but this women uses a racial slur against a presidential candidate and UPenn doesn't even have enough balls to make a statement. This women in particular talks about the racism in America and equates to living in America as a black women as a prison, but then she turns around and calls a fellow African American a deplorable slur because she doesn't agree with his politics. Not a blip by the MSM per usual.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

We don't have to imagine it. It already happens.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Of course, it's okay if a "liberal" says it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well afterall, the Ivory Tower Academic Intelligentsia usually reverts to these tactics when cornered like rabid rats.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe we should all rush them before they can say anything else bad about Carson. *laughs*

I don't think what they said was appropriate but Carson is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

She shouldn't of said this, totally inappropriate.

Just curious, what is a similar situation that garnered the attention you would want?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There hasn't been. That'd be like krauthammer calling Obama a coon, and then keeping his job at a university and at FOX. Do you really think that would happen?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
im sure your success, education level and IQ are much greater than his. I would love to hear you debate him with your amazing wit and knowledge

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Idk what would happen, you can't really know until it does.
Do you think this woman should be fired over this?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Idk what would happen, you can't really know until it does.
Do you think this woman should be fired over this?

No, just like i dont think all the other cases should have been either.

Free speech.

Im in to freedom, even if it means idiots get to say idotic things.

Merica!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds like MSNBC has their own Rupert Murdoch.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse saying.

Oh no he didn't.
edit on 8-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Free speech has nothing to do with it, you are not covered by that under something like this.

I think her employer has every right to discipline her in the way they see fit, she represents them and I would be willing to bet she signed a contract saying so.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We in the USA take politics so intensely that we start campaigns nearly 2 years out from the actual election.

My opinion? Vote from the gut, not the party that seems the least worse.

That tweet highlighted a Sports Illustrated article in which Carson championed Americans’ right to fly flags — including the Confederate flag

It's Absolutely allowed under the first, and I actually commend Carson for sticking up for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: johnwick

Free speech has nothing to do with it, you are not covered by that under something like this.

I think her employer has every right to discipline her in the way they see fit, she represents them and I would be willing to bet she signed a contract saying so.

Hang on, you think free speech has limits?

Her employer can certainly fire her but, that has nothing to do with free speech, that would be their prerogative as her employer.

ADD: I think I misread your comment, it looks like you are saying the same thing.
edit on 8-10-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
With the treatment that others(Paula Deen, Donald Sterling) have gotten when uttering racial slurs getting fired from her job would be the least of her worries.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I like that Mr. Carson, when asked for his thoughts on the tweet, said it doesn't merit a response. That is the most mature comment I have ever seen from a politician.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguyIvy League Proffessor and MSNBC Contributor Calls Dr. Ben Carson a "Coon"

On my travels I have learned that we are all racists.
It is hard-wired.
We are either recovering, or we are practicing.
Denial means practicing.
Recovery is a lifelong process.
That hateful crap is bone deep, and even while in recovery, it rears it's ugly head at the strangest moments.
Like while on national media.
For one in recovery, he is horrified, and whacks that mole so it doesn't rear its head again.
It might pop up in another form, but it does it less and less, generation by generation.
Same for 'practicing', a disease passing from generation to generation, parent to child to 'his' child...
Until their gene line is cleansed, or learn to Love, unconditionally.

For me, to point the finger at that poor idiot is to point at myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
I like that Mr. Carson, when asked for his thoughts on the tweet, said it doesn't merit a response. That is the most mature comment I have ever seen from a politician.

My thoughts exactly. And which one would be the well educated adult and who would be the "idiot"child-like north bound side of a south bound mule.....

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

With all the blatant racism that occured when Obama was elected (2X), why does Dr. Carson believe he has a chance? With Biden being considered weak and old, the private emails of Billary being exposed, Bushivus the Lame, etc, etc. Bizarro world is coming to fruition with Trump being El Presidente.

In the words the departed Randy Macho Man Savage and his Magnificance Rick Flair....Oooh Yeah! OOOOooWeee!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

With all the blatant racism that occured when Obama was elected

May I get some information on that statement? Please elaborate....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join