It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook friend of mine posts pic of "Ghost" in her house

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Howdy ATS.

So this is a first time for me. When it comes to ghosts, I generally am on the fence regarding the matter. I look to science and facts to clarify a situation, then if nothing can be explained I start to wade towards the fact it could actually be a ghost. I believe in spirits in the human body, but whether they manifest into actual dense entities, I cannot decide.

So this morning, whilst going through my FB, I came across a post from a Facebook friend of mine I have not seen since university. We were never close friends or anything, just classmates. However, I know enough about this person to know that they have no interest in paranormal studies, conspiracies or anything remotely related to this site, so when they posted this, I thought it important I got it posted on here for analysis. I should point out, the post was a RE-POST from a year today, however the comments have not suggested any explanation. Mostly people going

So, the back story before the pic is quite simple and I have picked it up from the comments on Facebook. The father of the family, although not a real believer, has always thought/known there is something spooky about their house, but he has never felt threatened:

"Its not malevolent, we feel very safe , though its had one hissy fit when it knocked a bottle of wine off the wine rack and threw an oil painting on the floor in the dinning room, I think it was trying to say "I'm still here""

On this night particular, they felt the presence of the "Ghost" at the top of the stairs, so using a phone, they took a picture. This is what they got. **I have posted the original first, then a cropped copy, then a copy of the pic I have edited to enhance the brightness of the figure, and darken the surrounding areas**

Notice the lack of flash. Also, there is no direct light shining into the phone, so I think lens flare is out of the question. It could well possibly be a prank, but I have nothing to suggest to myself a reason for pranking everybody.

Original

Cropped

Edited for enhancement by myself

So ATS, what are we thinking? Please bare in mind this family, although knowing of a presence in their home, have never really took steps in solving the mystery or uncovering what is going on (To my knowledge) as they do not feel they need to.

I am very busy today at work, so I will keep as active as possible in this thread

edit on 8-10-2015 by brace22 because: Explain I am busy

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That is an amazing image.
It appears like a woman, a blond woman with her hair wrapped in a bun. Wearing late 18th century clothes.
It doesn't appear to be fake since fakery usually entails a more defined look, and this image the entity has a lot of transparency that makes some of features you are expecting to see, appear more anomalous. Like the legs, which are very odd. Almost like you can see the skeleton in partiality.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just my opinion here of course. To me it looks like a staged picture. I've had my own paranormal experiences so before people jump on this skeptic, I'm not just being dismissive here.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The real interesting thing to me about this picture, is the Dalek that makes an appearance. I also see TARDIS control panels!

edit on 10-8-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I would agree that it is a women. When I was editing it to make the figure shine more for viewing. There was no evidence of any image put in. The noise of the pixels was even across the board, showing to me that there was nothing pasted into it. Also, the bottom of the figure appears to not completely be hitting the ground, in fakes this is usually apparent. I think.

I am a little stomped by this one!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It could very well have been staged! I won't dismiss that idea. My only reasoning to counter that would that these people have real reason to fake it. However, does anyone have any real reason to fake an image?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Idk if these particular people have any reason or interest in faking. It's October, so maybe Halloween was an inspiration. I've never faked a photograph and tried passing it off, but I wouldn't put it past myself for a bit of fun. Who knows? All in good fun or not, it doesn't mean there are some legit paranormal experiences and manifestations. I've had them.

I keep my mind open that it was all in my/family's head ofc!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Another image if it's helpful.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

There could be loads of reasons they wanted to fake it. But loads of reasons not to as well. I guess it's a personal decision aye

True about the Halloween link though, but it may be a little too early for that? Me no no.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I personally am very skeptical of any ghost photo taken with a smart phone. There are apps that you can get that can put a ghost figure in any picture that you have, just search Ghost in google play store and itunes (or whatever iphones use).
Now I am not saying this is fake, just if its taken with a phone, there is a chance that it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Thanks for that

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I see that as well, the uniformity of pixels all through.

If this was faked, it was done by a very smart person. Someone with experience in not only image manipulation, but someone also very knowledgeable with paranormal images, and someone who can really think in advance, taking into consideration a lot of things about spirits and spirit photography. I say this because of what is there in the image, and also what is not there in the image.
Based on that, this is my opinion that this image is not faked.

edit:
I don't know of any smart phone app that can do a ghost this good, and put in characteristics in quite this manner. It has elements that don't make any sense within common convention in mind.
edit on 8-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You don't have to be a genius to get into some makeshift costume and take a picture!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

If it helps with your views, the family show no sign of any interest in photography or image manipulation on their Facebook pages.

This doesn't rule it out entirely, but it leans more towards your assumption IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You don't have to be a genius to get into some makeshift costume and take a picture!

I agree, and that is true.
But this image looks nothing like someone putting on a costume and posing for a picture like that. I've been looking at this image closely, and it has no resemblance to a staged image. In my opinion, you would have to be an almost genius to make one this good.
edit on 8-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I don't believe you can say that whatsoever. That's not to say it is or isn't. You are entitled to our opinion of course. But staged pictures don't have to necessarily jump out at you as BS. I could easily take a picture like this.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Did they only take the one photo?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Very strange elongation. I see two heads, one on top of another, or a superimposed double image. The one below would put a more proportional aspect on the "body". The head below is longer black hair, perhaps a beard? Anyway, that is what I see.

I know ghosts exist, but what they are and what they represent really needs to be understood from a scientific perspective. Cool pic, and thanks for sharing it.
edit on 8-10-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
My avatar is an actual picture of an alien drinking at a top secret government Officer's Club. The alien's name was Zozo. According to gramps, he was very friendly, and unique in his English speaking abilities.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I don't believe you can say that whatsoever. That's not to say it is or isn't. You are entitled to our opinion of course. But staged pictures don't have to necessarily jump out at you as BS. I could easily take a picture like this.

Please do it then. fake one and give it to someone else and let them upload it posing it as genuine. I bet I can tell the difference.
My knowledge in certain things is way above the average person, so that is why what I'm saying might seem ludicrous to you.. It is what it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join