It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old girl fatally shot by 11-year-old boy for not letting him see her puppy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I think if we are talking Murder with firearms we are ranked 39th and the U.S ranked 4th. Dont get me wrong its no pick nick over here.

We win hands down. My point was homicide rate doesn't require a gun. On that level neither country is in the top 25 and like 16% seperate us. All I'm saying is guns aren't needed for mass murder.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Look buddy you made the statement. You are telling me that its not a gun problem America has but a people problem, now it kind of sounds like those people of which you speak are of the Mexican variety.

Lots of nations these days have immigrant problems America is not the only one. The reason people jump on said statement is because its racist.
edit on 6-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I agree Guns are not a requirement for mass murder. All through they certainly make the act of such somewhat more easier to accomplish.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Look buddy you made the statement. You are telling me that its not a gun problem America has but a people problem, now it kind of sounds like those people of which you speak are of the Mexican variety.

Lots of nations these days have immigrant problems America is not the only one. The reason people jump on said statement is because its racist.

Use your head. Looking at that statistical chart, Mexico is #1. Mexico is on our border and daily illegals pour into our country. Mexicans are here in massive numbers. Mexican gangs and drug cartels operate within our borders.

Why is it racist to state the above facts? I have nothing against Mexicans...love them. I don't love the Mexican gangs and drug cartels that operate illegally in our country and commit homicides. Makes our stats look bad (wink wink).

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, it was pretty clear...

originally posted by: queenofswords
Statistics only "say" so much.

Look at Mexico's rate. Look at the enormous illegal immigrant population in America, mostly from Mexico. You don't think there might be a connection here?? Another reason to stay armed, imo.

Blaming Mexicans in response to me showing stats that US folk proportionately kill each other more than Brits do, regardless of weapon of choice.
I said asserted that it is a social issue, then queenofswords implied that Mexicans are a major contributing factor, not US citizens.

Pretty clear to read, and rather lame.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I agree Guns are not a requirement for mass murder. Al through they certainly make the act of such somewhat more easier to accomplish.

If I wanted to partake in mass murder despite all my guns it wouldn't even be my first choice. But again that's me.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes well implying that Mexicans are responsible for your woes makes you look bad(wink wink). Back track as much as you wish. True colours and all that jazz.

Not all Mexicans are part of drug gangs or cartels!

Point of fact even the illegal immigrants contribute to a significant part of your economy in some states.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you don't think Mexican gangs and drug cartels contribute immensely to the homicide rate, so be it. It isn't being racist to state facts.

This is in just ONE state.
www.insightcrime.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So are you asserting that the murder rate in the US would be the same as in the UK if you got rid of all the Mexicans?
If so, have you got any studies/data to back that up or is it just your own speculation?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But you did not say Mexican gangs and drug cartels.

You said "Look at the enormous illegal immigrant population in America, mostly from Mexico. You don't think there might be a connection here??" then you moved along to the problem being the Mexican gangs and drug cartels.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No Mexicans were involved in the tragic story of the OP though, that's for sure.
Perhaps we should all slip a little more on-topic again.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Works for me, leave the poor Mexicans out of it would be my thinking on the matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

...I still blame the parent who owned the shotgun more than US gun laws though.
Unless of course US law allows children access (unsupervised by an adult) to a loaded firearm, that would be a fail in legislation in my opinion, for rather obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It's not Mexicans that inflate the numbers, it's blacks. Most of those murders are in black neighborhoods committed by black people against black people. Some of our major cities are turning out unimaginable volumes of murders annually, and it's black violence.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Probably six of one and a half dozen of the other. Fact is our US cousins need to relies there is a problem and that problem relates to a hell of a lot more than attempting to remove there freedom by way of implementing stricter gun control. look at Switzerland they have pretty much a gun in every household and they dont have the same issues regarding gun related homicide, then again they dont have the same socioeconomic or quality of life problems that the US has ether. Or us for that matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I reckon the boy in the OP would have just grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed the girl if he didn't have access to a gun.
That's assuming he didn't think it was loaded and actually did want to kill her of course.
The parent owner of the gun should stand trial as well, surely it must be an exceptional situation in the US for it to be legal that a child can have access to a shotgun without the supervision of an adult?

Yep, I blame the parent perhaps more than all parties involved with the information we have right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Well the 11 year old shot and killed a little girl, someone is going to have to answer for the incident and if indeed the parents are found to have allowed there son access to a shotgun, or just had the weapon within the reach of the child, then i guess rather a large portion of said blame is at there doorstep. Tell you this if it was my kid i would be hanging my head in shame.

The boy is due to appear in court on October 28, at which time a judge will decide whether he should be tried as a juvenile or as an adult. I think the choice is obvious really considering he is 11.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There is a GoFundMe memorial which appears to be doing well...

It appears that the girls family could use all the help they can get...

We are raising money for makaylas memorial. An eight year old girl taken home way to early due to gun violence. She is my cousin and her family needs the money for her memorial services. We appreciate all your support. Please pray for her mother.

Angela Phillips
There will never really be any words that I or anyone can say to ease your heartache, to heal your pain. As you have to relearn how to go on in this life without your precious little girl, I pray that God gives you the strength to carry on, I pray that God comforts your heart, I pray that God speaks a peace to your heart and lets you know that HE is taking care of your precious little girl until the day that you will be reunited with her.

I can NOT even imagine the pain nor heartache but please know that you have prayers going up for your family far and abroad, we may not understand why things such as these do happen but it is all in Gods plan, and he needed to borrow your sweet angel. I am so deeply sorry for your deep loss and my heart breaks for your family. God Bless and May He Carry You Through The Next Few Days As You Lay Your Beautiful Angel To Rest.

www.gofundme.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

everything reported by the media should be taken with a grain of salt

Especially when their reporting could make any sane person doubt conservative myths?!

What happened to personal responsibility, instead of blaming everything on other people? Gun worshippers are wrong, irresponsible, immature, and potentially bad people. Have the courage to face reality instead of making lame excuses.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

What, pray, gives you any impression that this sort of thing is at all acceptable?

Oh, right, I forgot... We're all of us nuts with guns. How silly of me to forget that.

I'm a firm advocate of the Second Amendment, and I find this sort of thing horrific. Those parents should answer to a charge of negligent homicide, and the kid, too.

Sorry if I don't start screaming that all guns should be banned.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join