It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS- Am I actually getting anything out of this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: editing

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The way I see it is ATS is the conspiracy theorist's version of twitter, and facebook alll rolled in to one.

Exchange of Ideas, and information.

Sometimes it's gets like pre school, and people fighting over trivial things, but hey ?

ATS is what you make of it.

Either good or ill.

Been on the site for 5 years now, and I have learned a great deal.

Lot's of friends have come, and gone.

All of them are missed.

But I do take solace that is for as long as ATS lives.

My words just may out live me.

My mark on the world so to speak.

This is what I get out of ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What you get is a reflection into your own mind.

The ability to see how you relate to others in this world, and worldly events going on around you, but mainly it allows one to take the time and reread what they have posted over the years, months, weeks and days.

ATS can be a curse, or a gift.

But if one has any self awareness, wisdom, and understanding they will see that ATS is exactly what they make it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hello mate,

I think we both tend to come here for slightly different reasons. Our paths cross occasionally and I do consider you one of the more respected members on here (by me!) and someone who puts time and thought in to their posts. I know how hard it can be maintaining a thread with all sorts of opinions being banded about.

On the other hand if you are putting time into researching threads I think "you" are learning something and probably the 'silent' majority who don't comment on the thread do as well. That is one of the reasons I finally joined up after lurking for years. I can't say every thread I post is heavily researched. However when I have put the time in then I can say, no matter how much or how little interest a thread attracts, I do feel I know more about the topic than I did before hand.

I think one thing we have agreed on for a while now is the lack of any real promotion to ATS' past and those "Classic" threads on it's core subjects. Although it's been suggested before the stock answer always seems to be "....well you can bump an old post" or "....search through the most flagged threads".

I did post some 'off the cuff' ideas in a hidden corner here : this post

But I also think it needs someone else's input. If you want to take a peek, use what you want from it, and run with your own thoughts in a new thread then you are more than welcome. You would be better than me on that subject.U2U me if you want.

However you may just feel you need a break from here for a week or two.

Don't forget to lock up your guns and watch out for the all those Muslims in Blighty when you go out
One of them, in the local Kebab house, kept me talking about European football for ages the other day

Regards MM

edit on 7/10/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I find the best comments, most insightful, often come from those who don't post much. Those are the ones i read most carefully and think about. Maybe you are spending too large a percentage of your time on those who have massive numbers of posts and are missing some really good newbies.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Ummm...you did get beat up pretty badly in your last thread...thing is...if you were looking for validation or to change a few minds...good luck with that...

I just took the summer off from ATS...I know.........right...?
Instead of leaving...I lurked occaisionaly...

Stating that you never learned anything here is disingenuous at best...IMO...
Personally...I've learned a great deal...mostly about myself...not only that...I've changed...
I've learned that political discussions are waged by the entrenched...
That being passionate about a subject doesn't equate to authority or knowledge on said...
That in order to leave my own penchant for the entrenched I had to stop involving myself in such pursuit...

That's why you'll find me hanging in the short stories forum...I really like it there...I can let the real me out of the bag and leave all that dross and angst by the wayside...
You see...I don't think any answers to any of your questions will be found in politico...but rather in a closer examination of who and what you are as relates to that other side of the coin...

Your wrong though...ATS is a community...and regardless of which leg you place first into your trousers...your always welcome...and I would call you friend or neighbor...and defend you...honor you and make my home yours...

In Toto...you are well-come into this community and welcome in any circle of friends I might have...

Be well in all you do...may you find the answers you seek...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ummm...I've been addicted to some Destiny...since the game started...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Your truth-seeking and journalistic writing on topics such as "Building 7 of 9-11" (good name for a band?) have been some of the best and most cohesive threads I've read here. As for affecting the world, you never know what something you've written will be taken in by someone and change them (and maybe even at some point, society) for the better. This isn't a money making hobby, so there's that, but it is an information sharing hobby. Remember, 9 of 10 people who read what you write are not members, 90% of readers are lurkers interested in adding to their knowledge base. And you've done a fantastic job there. So, like all writers, journalists, and researchers, you should know that you are mixing your thought process into the overall mix, and, being you, have done it very well. I, for two, appreciate you, and when I see a thread with your name attached I zip right to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

YOU will get this being from the same city as this gent of the road

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join