It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS- Am I actually getting anything out of this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree with the honourable members above...

Take a break...

Or have a Snickers

I stepped away, went to Portugal for a week and came back renewed, less combative, more open, slightly more humorous trollish and have enjoyed my return.

Best thing to do is log out and just read, you gauge a lot of info like that and don't get caught up in having a say...
That's what I did...

Came back, and as Sublime said, much more comfortable and learned.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: real_one

ATS- Am I actually getting anything out of this?

You can gets stars and flags

(not from me of course)

Which I also do not care about or get anything from

now that is a piss poor attitude. When the world economy collapses, and paper money from any country is nothing more then ass wipes, you will be thankful you have ATS points to barter with. You have been told, again, and again, and again, about the doomsday that it coming. Don't give up hope now. It's just around the corner, I think mid October.

(that date many change a bit, but I am sure you understand)

In reality, you learn new things here even if you don't try. Just sit back, and read a bit. Might even try reading some of your old work. I do from time to time and think either, I used to be way smarter, or I used to be way dumber. Either way, I win.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sounds like your ideals are disintegrating.

Not easy to deal with is it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For me, I think it's all about the exchanges of dialogue with other people from around the world that I get a kick out of. Reading other peoples' thoughts and opinions about worldly events, or simple everyday humdrum things, or the crazy crap going on in the world around us.

But more than anything else, it's definitely the cookies that keeps me coming back for more.

... the dark side always has the bestest cookies.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
WHERE IS PHOEBE BUFAY WHEN YOU NEED HER?

There is an episode of Friends where Phoebe goes around plucking imaginary objects from just above the heads of the other friends. I couldn't figure out what she was doing, until one of the other friends, I think Chandler or Ross said
"And stop cleaning my aura!"

Some days, like yesterday, I really wish I could go somewhere and get my 'aura' cleaned! It can get really dirty around here, accumulating all manner of bigotry, hatred, and plain out dumbassery. I'm with you on that one.

I've just 'discovered' you recently.... enjoyed your thoughts.

edit on 10/5/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I took a break for a couple of years, but it's hard to find anyone else to play with quite so happily.

I came back here and found it was so easy to have a laugh or a serious discussion. Everyone here is an individual, of course, but there is some element or other that we seem to share.

However different we all are - something about ATS seems to attract a 'particular' type of person.

That's what I get out of being here - the chance to interact with people who are, in some way, on my wavelength.

If you're bored or questioning why you're here, take a break and see how long it is before you want to dive back in.
edit on 5-10-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now that we have heard it all before, we should be sharing that with others that haven't. The lurkers, fence sitters and noobs are listening.

Stating one doesn'tt learn anything here is for their benefit, yes? To drive doubt into their minds about anything conspirator or alternative to the official line.

That disparity will never cease. As world events develop unceasingly so will fresh outlooks be needed on that official line.

But hey, nothing to see here, move along.

I'm used to that line from the OP.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Are you kidding ATS has a few sharp cookies who are great at digging up the dirt and seeing what others cannot

and then their is the banter on the boards well worth the hours spent online anyday

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I took a break for a year, then came back due to what was happening in the world and wanted other viewpoints. I suppose I'm really hear to learn but mostly to spread awareness about things that I feel are important, or at least to me. I like investigative journalism (y'know the real stuff we don't see anymore) I like watching things unfold and the clever people on here. My only gripe I think is that some people think they are a lot cleverer than they actually are!

PS oh and the way people twist words or phrases when they don't actually have a valid argument lol

edit on 5-10-2015 by PhyllidaDavenport because: missed a bit

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
For me it's entertainment. At times its education material but more often than not its total raving lunacy.

The good thing however about the insanity is that there is a good mix of it on ATS,everything from religious,political,scientific,spiritual,theoretical,
heretical and beyond is openly discussed.

Somtimes it's fun to sit back and watch the muck fly.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

edit on 5-10-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
When I'm not in the mood to indulge in disagreement, I stick to the chitchat, pet, sports, food and other similar topics or my personal favorite bit of lunacy - prophecy. For the most part, those keep me from feeling too disillusioned. Those lighter/fluff forums are also where the community feel can come from. I can actually interact with some of the disagree members without feeling like we're at each other's throats. Quite nice.

And for everything else, there are video games ... I'm about to go indulge in some actually.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And for everything else, there are video games ... I'm about to go indulge in some actually.

Adventure on the 2600?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Same. That's why I took a long break from this site. I love reading about things that I didn't know beforehand and stories that boggle my mind and make me think, not discussing ad-nauseum the same old political arguments and getting nowhere (I can do that on Facebook--and at least there I can do some good by denying ignorance. Whereas here, everyone thinks that they already "know" and are difficult to persuade to believe differently. Granted, the same happens on Facebook, but the people there are less "sure" in their opinions due to not being actively involved in research of any kind. And sure, you get a lot more abuse on Facebook--but you also are able to actively fight against real ignorance and hatred with the truth. While you don't get much returns there, either, there are those people who you truly help when you jump in to defend them against trolls. There is also something very satisfying about interrupting peoples' delusions of reality on posts by MTV and the like--people who fat shame and see no issue with it, etc.)

Anyway, I think you're right and I hope that people pay attention to what you said and start disseminating knowledge again for the sake of sharing and discussion and listening politely to one another in the name of denying ignorance.

It seems like these days there are fewer and fewer interesting threads that are worth commenting on.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko

Adventure on the 2600?

Ummm, not quite that old.

Mass Effect 3 ... there's a galaxy needs saving even if they did royally screw up the ending.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I shared this with a friend
why not.. it makes me laugh everytime I read it

mods please remove it if it is too whatever.. of topic..

sorry it's a little blurry

I also have a picture of.. wait u're not into illuminati

phase 3... ?
phase 4... profit

lame south park joke.. lovely read .. put it this way you ' ve entertained me.. I was about to go for a walk but hey got stucked reading this
darn ats

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

That was funnier than s***.

I knew there was a reason I came back here…

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i am sorry.. I always laugh thinking a bear eating pop tart of you
crazy story.. thank you

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What am i actually getting out of this?

The same as everyone else...the stars & flags. And to know that a few people on the planet actually dig you (though it's not really 'you', just an alter ego, and anonymous at that).

That's why you keep churning out threads and then refreshing the page.

It's like hamsters in a cage in a science lab that keep pushing the button that gives them food.

I don't even get any stimulating debate these days because its usually just me and a few others arguing with a guy who is quite obviously a paranoid racist who thinks ISIS are going to steal his guns then teach his sons its "ok to be gay" or some other crap that is all the fault of that Kenyan called Obama and that I am wrong to think that anything matters outside of 'merica.

Good one, get onto the anti-America bus, that'll garner you a few more stars & flags. See how it works?

I average at least 4 posts a day

We're all in the throes of addiction in various degrees, but you need to step away and smell the flowers.

That's too many.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Without quality posters like yourself who have strong, solid opinions ATS is nothing more than GLP.

Friends don't let friends read GLP so please stay. If you're not learning anything than maybe you can teach others something new, but stick around because you may just learn something sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You make an interesting observation. What you get...or what "we" get out of all this is communication, insight and information. If ATS didnt have you here, we all would lose a tiny bit that contributes greatly and frequently to the site. And you would lose too.

Sometimes we need to share what we know, what we've learned, question why we think or believe in what we do. You and I and all...are here for that reason. It takes many atoms to make a cell, and many cells to make a human being. Without any of it, the whole fails to exist.

I hope youll take to heart what Ive said..as simple as I put it. What are you doing here, or any of us for that matter? Because we want to learn. We want to share. We want to expose. We want to grow, inform, re-direct, explain and expound.

And there is value in that...from you, me and everyone.

Thanks for being here, Best Mysterioustranger

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join