It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf states plan military response as Putin raises the stakes in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Would you like to provide links to prove anything you have said? Or are we just making up anti-Russian propaganda as we go along? Deny Ignorance

edit on 4-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Assad says he will step down if he thought that would make the situation better. Im not saying I believe him, but it does make him look better.

I think Assad leaving when this is all over would be for the best.

Buy right now he's the man and he needs support.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I agree, ousting Assad will also throw them into cultural chaos. They need stability and right now that means Assad. I know we have all heard horrid reports about the way he treats his people, but how much of that is propaganda and how much is truth? He certainly cant be any worse than Saudi Arabia and we always turn a blind eye where the Saudi's are concerned.

The US IMO wants democracy, because they control democracy, they cant control Assad.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I know we have all heard horrid reports about the way he treats his people, but how much of that is propaganda and how much is truth?

since 2006 there have been attempts to destabilize Syria.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Im not sure how accurate all this info is, however, I think he has interesting points of view.
www.phillip-butler.com... From the Article:

Interestingly, a post I wrote the other day for News Front revealed a theory about the Obama administration’s real motivations in Syria. To fill you in briefly, I think US forces are actually flying air cover for ISIL and moderate Kurds who are intent on overthrowing Syria’s Assad. This is why Obama was not been keen to accept Vladimir Putin’s gesture of tag teaming fight ISIL in the first place. - See more at: www.phillip-butler.com...

I thought it was an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I would like to see how he would of spun the Vietnamese embassy evacuation,the hat has been lifted off this turd and the bright shining lie exposed they are panicking CNN and Fox are virtually CIA comedy channels now except for Geraldo on Fox hope he keeps his job he dared to tell the truth.
edit on 4-10-2015 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It is quite possible that Saudi Arabia will become the eventual epicenter of a wider regional conflict in the middle east. The kingdom probably realizes this and is thus collaborating with its other allies in the region in order to protect its turf. Away from the attention of MSM, a deadly war is raging in Yemen for quite some time. The objective of this war is to remove the Houthi rebels from power and reinstate the Saudi ally government of Hadi. However, not only the gulf allies have failed to remove Houthis from power so far, but also they are suffering from casualties resulting from ambush on their convoys and border outposts on an increasingly regular basis. Meanwhile, dropping oil prices and the cost of war are adversely impacting their economies.

Iran has also strongly criticized the kingdom's handling of Haj tragedy which led to deaths of hundreds of Iranian citizens. Looks like Saudi kingdom will increasingly find itself in the center of the storm.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wait until the Russian Marines start getting truck bombs up the azz.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: markosity1973

I agree, ousting Assad will also throw them into cultural chaos. They need stability and right now that means Assad. I know we have all heard horrid reports about the way he treats his people, but how much of that is propaganda and how much is truth? He certainly cant be any worse than Saudi Arabia and we always turn a blind eye where the Saudi's are concerned.
The US IMO wants democracy, because they control democracy, they cant control Assad.

Stepping down, he might save his life, if not cause any more said issues. Eventually, especially if Hillary is in or one of the NeoCon types in office, heck maybe even before he will be removed due to that.

Then again who will be put in place by ... who?(or whom, haha shilling accusations).

Remember all the cultural talk about how certain hings are accepted that are not in the West(IMO shouldn't be anywhere int he world). Exactly who knows maybe the supposed victims are his cultural way of dealing with the sickening offenders-not saying that for the innocents.
edit on 5-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Analysts say Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey are now likely to increase military aid to the anti-Assad groups they support

Real or phoney (war).. its not looking good.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

On 28 March 2014, two days before local elections took place, a tape recording of a meeting between the then-Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu, National Intelligence Organisation Undersecretary Hakan Fidan, the Deputy Chief of General Staff Yaşar Güler and Feridun Sinirlioğlu was released on social media. The four individuals could be heard discussing possible ways of starting a war with Syria, causing uproar against the governing Justice and Development Party by opposition politicians.

Wiki

Is this recording still online somewhere with translation?
Not that i don't believe it, Turkey has been a passageway for extremist islamic people and weapons into Syria.
They also actively support the extremists in Libya, a shipment with weapons hidden underneath goods from Turkey to Libya was intercepted by Greece in the mediterranean.

It also got me thinking, what are the odds that this old ship would be used for human smugglers to send a boatload of people into Europe.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Very interesting read. Thank you for posting.

Jane

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Russia is ready for contact with the Free Syrian Army, but it is now a 'phantom,' Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said at a news conference following talks with his Laos counterpart in Moscow.

"They tell us about the Free Syrian Army, but where is it? It remains a phantom group, nothing is known about it," Lavrov said, adding that Russia has sent a request about the group to the United States.

"We will be ready to establish contact with it if it’s really a capable military group of patriotic opposition consisting of Syrians. We do not hide this fact. But this structure is already a phantom. I have asked [State Secretary] John Kerry to provide us with information about the whereabouts of this Free Syrian Army and who commands it," said Lavrov.

www.rt.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

What’s happening in Syria is just one more manifestation of what the national-security state and the philosophy of foreign empire and interventionism are doing to our country (and to the world). Not only are they leading our nation to bankruptcy, owing to the out-of-control federal spending and borrowing to fund all this destructive nonsense, they are also making the world ever more unsafe for the American people.

Look at Iraq. Look at Afghanistan. Look at Yemen, where Saudi Arabian forces just bombed a wedding party, just as U.S. officials did repeatedly in Afghanistan. Look at Ukraine, where the U.S.-supported coup and NATO’s movement toward Russia’s borders incited the predictable Russian response in Crimea and Ukraine.

Look at the massive refugee crisis in Europe. It is a direct consequence of the U.S. military death machine’s interventionist antics in Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Syria, and Afghanistan.

Where are the Middle East paradises they promised with their interventions? Where are the free societies they promised would accompany their invasions and occupations? Where is the order and stability they assured us would result from the massive death and destruction they have wreaked in the Middle East and Afghanistan?

fff.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Our government is pissed off because Russia is going to destroy ISIS that we created.

No we DID NOT.

ISIS comes straight from the House of Saud, and it's GIP.

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores.

www.upi.com...

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.

en.wikipedia.org...

In October 2004, al-Zarqawi swore loyalty to Osama bin Laden and changed the group's name to Tanẓīm Qāʻidat al-Jihād fī Bilād al-Rāfidayn, "The Organisation of Jihad's Base in Mesopotamia", commonly known as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).[45][46] Although the group has never called itself al-Qaeda in Iraq, this has been its informal name over the years.[47]

en.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't ANY ONE care about the TRUTH on this site anymore ?

AQ,ISIS is the House of Saudis private military corporation. The Sunni's

The flip side of that is Iran and Hezbollah. The Shias.

OPEC countries created 'terrorists', and currently fighting for a regional hegemony.

The Sunnis want to be the top dog.

The Shia wants to be the top dog.

The West wants oil.

The East wants oil.

Everyone has picked a side.

Neither one can claim the high ground when they are BOTH standing knee deep in the middle of snip.

Putin is no hero. He's a billionaire oligarch that stands to increase his personal fortune exponentially.

And here the West is with a leader without a clue.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
As expected.

Russia has sent its crack special troops into Syria to back up ­ President Bashar al-Assad’s bid to wipe out his opposition.

Vladimir Putin’s feared Spetsnaz unit and a covert para battalion ghosted into the war-torn country and are preparing for an all-out assault on rebels fighting the regime – including moderate units such as the western-backed Free Syrian Army.

A military source said last night: “Putin’s marines are there to guard the airbases they are using against ­sabotage by rebels. But Spetsnaz and air-assault troops are not there to provide security to static objects, they are extremely aggressive and highly trained.

“They are there to mop up after air strikes, call in air strikes, go on extremely covert missions against rebels and ultimately wipe them out.

In an earlier reply i've speculated on the position of the US in the latest developments, surely they would not be fooled so easily.
It appears i was wrong, apparently they are not very smart if they thought Russia would let the so called opposition (free syrian army) untouched.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

D'oh!

I've figured out Putin's plan.

1) Maintain Assad in power. Obvious.
2) Defeat non-ISIS rebels. Obvious.

and the real objective, not as obviously discussed:

3) Push ISIS completely out of Syria and into Iraq & Kurdistan, and make ISIS a threat to America's allies as punishment for arming rebels against Assad, Russia's ally.

America's best response: instead of arming doomed Syrian rebels who hate America anyway, arm the Kurds seriously, America's only real friend. Iraq government & Army is useless.

edit on 5-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

With all that evidence you present it is odd that the US wont bomb Saudi Arabia and demand a regime change there?

If they prop and support terrorism they should be on the US axis of evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: neo96

With all that evidence you present it is odd that the US wont bomb Saudi Arabia and demand a regime change there?

If that were to happen, who would take over in Saudi Arabia? Nice swiss democratic voters?

Nope: jihadi just like ISIS. Then Iran seizes the oil fields. The Saudi's are America's Assad: real #heads but better than what would come after them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join