It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow says 600 militants have fled Syria . Headed to Europe ? .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

Now one would have to be emulating that often quoted ostrich to not know that Russia has entered the fight against those fighting Assad . It might be worth noting that i did not single out Isis . Russia has an agenda and i am sure most here know what that is , but there is no need to go into that further as that is not what this post is about . This is more about the quotes below .

"Our intelligence shows that militants are leaving areas under their control. Panic and desertion have started in their ranks," Colonel General Andrei Kartapolov, a senior Russian General Staff official, said in a statement on Saturday.

Good news one would think .

Russian air strikes targeting the Islamic State group in Syria have sown "panic", forcing some 600 "militants" to abandon their positions and head to Europe, Moscow claims.

Now the question might be , have these terrorists taken the opportunity to escape with their head still on their shoulders . Maybe so . But . Guess what Europe , they are heading to a town near you , well at least trying to do so .

"Over the past three days we have managed to undermine material and technical resources of the terrorists and significantly reduce their combat potential," he added. "We will not only continue the strikes by our air force but also will increase their intensity."

3 days and 600 trying to get to Europe . Good luck over there . The Russian offensive has just begun . The only question i have is , is anything being done to identify these people . If not why .

Kartapolov said Russian officials had contacted their foreign counterparts and recommended that they pull their personnel from the region.

Apparently the lure of virgins and paradise is often overtaken by the lure of not being blown to bits . Still there is Europe right .

Thoughts ATS .
edit on 4-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well, ISIS said before they had 4,000 operatives go to Europe with refugees, so this will add to the bunch. I seriously doubt Russia has done that much damage by air in 3 days, but it is possible the 'moderate' Al-Qaeda terrorists left as they haven't been attacked by air with the US backing them until now. It doesn't take a genius however to know that Russia is not going to tie their troops hand behind their back. Also, Iran is sending 100,000 troops in to attack ISIS also.

It is one thing to fight for your country, it is another matter to fight when you were just a thug with a gun getting paid to do so by....er...someone.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Now that is a Russian wet dream and nothing more. They are tossing dumb bombs around which means actually hitting anything of value is unlikely. You can expect many more of these great victories that also have undertone of threat to the West. Make a deal a with us or we will drive terrorist into Europe. Russian propaganda much like its air campaign are about 3 decades behind the times.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

This is laughable ... the number 600 is even less than the number of "Europeans" that went down there to join ISIS, that have returned.

You'd have wonder, WHY moscow is trying to downplay this number. That doesn't sound good, does it.

The entire scenario is suspect ... going on boats over the mediteranian? The boats are modern life rafts, and implies the refugees are "sailed" out and then dropped in the ocean to be picked up by the current and the western side.

It implies they are being herded, like sheep.

Is there anyone here, who thinks ISIS is going to win this war? anyone? please? NO? of course not. They're going to lose.

Anyone here, think that all the ISIS are just stupid morons, who are going to sit on their buts there and wait to be killed by US, russian or other military? Really? You think so?

What would be the best way, for any army, that is fighting a losing battle ... who are religious and fantic, to acquire as much damage and greatest amount of "kill" on their enemy. Their enemy, being the west?

You think that goal would be achieved, by staying in the middle east and wait to be killed by US, or Russia?

No? of course not.

So, we have tens of thousands, if not hundred of thousands, of ISIS maniacs who want only thing. To kill the entire western world. And we have a constructed refugee route, into Europe ... where even the German Chancellor has said, openly on TV ... "You are welcome, we are rich and mighty and will take you in like our own children".

Sounds like an opportunity for terrorists, if you ever known of one at all ...

So, no no ... you think they're going to stay in the middle east, like good little dogs and wait for the US or Russia to come and shoot'em in da head.

Do you really think so? Do you really think they are going to "bypass" the immense opportunity to "slip" into Europe and the west, to be able to get "revenge" on their enemy in the near future?

Don't EVER make the mistake of thinking your enemies are idiots ...

There are THOUSANDS of ISIS militants among the refugees.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
They can run but they cant hide! First the numbers on the run will be in the hundreds due to bombing, then it will go into the thousands as supply lines are cut off, next numbers on the run will be in the tens of thousands as various enemy troops over run thier positions, after that the numbers running for dear life will be in the hundreds of thousands when command structures fall, finally the entire army of terrorists will flee in every direction when thier overwhelmed with new weaponry which they have no defence against.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

This is laughable ... the number 600 is even less than the number of "Europeans" that went down there to join ISIS, that have returned.

www.bbc.com...

Above link is from 2014 . Estimated fighters fron Europe .

europe.newsweek.com...

Estimated fighters that have returned .

Are you one of the ostriches mentioned in the OP.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They are tossing dumb bombs around which means actually hitting anything of value is unlikely.

Big call . Perhaps the Z man could update us on Russian technology . Also lets not forget that Russia is most likely not playing by any rules .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
On one hand, about everyone here on this board is worrying about surveillance, and their privacy.

On the other hand, IF there was info about future terrorists and this info is used to prevent terrorism (by close surveillance and interruption of said acts), this seems like a good idea.

On the third hand (yeah, just.. sue me!) if the info was there and nothing was done to prevent said acts of terrorism, that would be bad, too.

So.. what should a government do, morally? Given the fact that said terrorists will try to hide as fast as possible with their associates already here. Spy on everyone, as usual? Is that bad? Or is it wrong just in your case, as you were a law-abiding citizen and not terroristic scum as Them? Do you think that the government would stop looking, as soon as it sees "oh, it is a born citizen, most likely a good lawful charakter"?

No, the government will use its ressources to spy on as many persons as possible, and will present (from time to time) intercepted alleged --possible-- acts of terrorism. Just to show you, how wonderful surveillance is.

We are all doomed! Any possible information will be stored. This, too. And it will be valued by algorithms, trying to give me a "non-compliance-value".

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Round them up and put them in POW camps to rot.

Russia might be doing business in a brash way, but it's a game changer and the militants know it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

So.. what should a government do, morally? Given the fact that said terrorists will try to hide as fast as possible with their associates already here. Spy on everyone, as usual? I

The government can spy all they want , believe it or not i trust my government . Mind you i live in Australia .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Round them up and put them in POW camps to rot.

Better yet let the Yazidis amongst others determine their fate .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Could this News be quoted wrong?

The Syrian government stated on Friday that about 400 to 700 rebels handed over their weapons to the authority in Dara'a province.

They handed themselves over to authorities under the terms of a national reconciliation program. The brightest example of the reconciliation program’s success, which was started by the Syrian government in 2014.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The Syrian government stated on Friday that about 400 to 700 rebels handed over their weapons to the authority in Dara'a province.

Not sure by any account . Do you have a link .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Not sure by any account . Do you have a link .

Just search for Syrian national reconciliation program and you can read as much as you want.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They are tossing dumb bombs around which means actually hitting anything of value is unlikely.

www.dnaindia.com...

In Maarat al-Numaan, a guided KAB-500 bomb destroyed seven vehicles as well as other facilities and weapons stores, the statement said, adding that the type of bomb was accurate to within five metres of its assigned target.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
wow i hope this isnt true

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Now that is a Russian wet dream and nothing more. They are tossing dumb bombs around which means actually hitting anything of value is unlikely. You can expect many more of these great victories that also have undertone of threat to the West. Make a deal a with us or we will drive terrorist into Europe. Russian propaganda much like its air campaign are about 3 decades behind the times.

Excuse me, wet dream?

Assuming you are an American, or affiliated ... what do we have? The US, effectively bankrupt. Businesses being bought by people from India, Russia, China and the middle east. Not going say anything bad about them, as such ... but they're just "buying" their way into academia and businesses by taking their riches from the poor and the starving. They never earned it, and within the next ten years ... US is going to have most of it's major players ... Microsoft and Apple ... bankrupt. Brought about, by true racism and incompetence. Unless something happens, to change the scene.

You are living in a glass house, and should take care before throwing rocks.

I agree, that the Russians aren't what they claim to be. And they sure aren't going to play by the rules. I haven't seen that their goal is an attainable one, or that they even have one.

But then, you think "war on terror" is an attainable goal? That sentence itself, says that those who thought it up are plain retards. Starting a war, on an adjective? Those who thought it up, are either retards or insidious with an ulterior motive, and using the "war on terror" as a wildcard, to kill anything they want.

If the Russians entering the playing field, will help bring about an end to that sort of ideology in the West? I'm all for it.

edit on 4/10/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Just search for Syrian national reconciliation program and you can read as much as you want.

The time lines are a bit over the place and i am not the one to say that this 600 was part of that 700 . But i will say that isis members must be held to account .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

3 days and 600 trying to get to Europe . Good luck over there . The Russian offensive has just begun . The only question i have is , is anything being done to identify these people . If not why .

Yah, a real Humanitarian Intervention, armies by day instead of guerrillas by night.

Unlike the US , the Russians are addressing the real problem (It isn't Assad). Up till now the "militants" (guerrillas) have been operating with impunity. I bet they are scared and fleeing.

I doubt many of them are heading to Europe. Big difference between a hired gun and trained covert operative.

That would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

The time lines are a bit over the place and i am not the one to say that this 600 was part of that 700 . But i will say that isis members must be held to account .

No doubt.... I agree

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join