It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Apollo Archive on Flickr

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Anyone who claims there are no anomalies in Apollo photographs or videos are beyond debate. People who question what they see because of a multitude of evidence has demonstrated some form of trickery and or deception are met with staunch NASA supporters that pretend to adhere to science in their answers but just cleverly deflect because they know that there are issues that have no credible answers.

I brought up the the very sound dispute of this put forth by a PHD Nuclear physicist and got this one screen shot as a response as to why it was wrong...... Please

There are many other videos that have recently come to light that prove without question they faked at least part of the mission. The problem is that It's frustrating because I know we went to the moon but I know they didn't provide a true and accurate account of those specific missions and the evidence at least for me is so laughable I can't honestly understand how people who claim to know everything about the Apollo missions can deny it.

It's time that America admitted it had cold feet about sending national heroes up to die in front of a live studio audience in full view of our enemies in a critical time for the country and admit they sent other astronauts to the moon while faking the initial footage with Neil, Buzz and Michael.

This would solve the problems with the photo and video evidence that we ALL know are suspect, even if you are not ready to admit they are.
edit on 6-10-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I was Skeptic myself ..

till i seen actual ( well, the ones that ive Seen )
Film Reels of the Apollo Missions converted to AVI
from the Actuall Camera Feeds .

and they are the real deal.

ive seen it my self , Ive seen Lunar Rover Rides
in the Passenger Seat going along about 5 to 10
minutes Showing all the glory view of the Lunar landscape.
from side to side
all sunny and extremely bright showing
the Soil like almost white ash. and Rover's Stop and check something out
and doing Testing Checks Experiments.. fiddle fattel with the Rover
multi million hunk of junk as you can see the Astronaut frustrated
in these Reels. and that one segment out of many i have seen.

in actuality the photos from the Flicker Archive that the OP had Threaded
are ( Most ) Stills from the Video Cam.

Also you can find most of Apollo mission Videos in 16 mm on Archive.org

NASA put up 5 years ago .

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

The stills from the 16mm video:

Firstly, it isn't Apollo 11.

The video in question is from Apollo 8's 16mm footage, which you can see at 36:56 here:

So whatever it claims to be showing, it isn't Apollo 11.

The crater in question is Marconi (which Apollo 11 didn't fly over on its orbital path), and it is shown as a mirror image - often the camera was mounted in the frame and viewed a mirror looking outside.

I'm not sure what is being claimed as an impact, but if it is the much brighter crater near the middle of Marconi this can be seen in Lunar Orbiter images pre-dating Apollo.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

The footage varies in speed because the camera had variable settings, and it had no audio capability. Some people have matched audio to the footage, which is why it can be found apparently with sound in some youtube uploads.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Anyone who claims Apollo images are full of anomalies is beyond debate. Any arguments I put forward in defence of the Apollo missions is nothing to do with deflecting arguments, it is to do with defending science against ignorance.

There are no anomalies, just things you haven't understood or bothered to look into. I suggest you read up about parallax.

Not one single photo or video offers one single iota of 'proof' that any aspect of the missions were faked, and no we don#t all know that they are suspect.

By all means speak for yourself, but don't smear others with your lack of understanding and disbelief.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Your PhD SCIENTIST should stick to his speciality because YOU cant take a CROP from 2 pictures taken at a DIFFERENT DISTANCE and location to work out parallax

As you can see both images overlapped not taken from same position

Here is a gif to show not the same position distance or field of view in pictures.

Second set of images were taken from a PANORAMA unless the camera is rotated around the NODAL point of the LENS there will be errors .

Making panorama photographs can bring its own unique problems and one of these concerns the 'Nodal Point'.

The camera's point of rotation must be under this position if all the images are to line up accurately, especially if some of the subject is near the camera.

Without this, when the different images are stitched together, all the subject matter will not line up. As you rotate the camera, a distant and a near object will move in relation to each other.

I am NOT a Nuclear physicist but have taken pictures for 35+ years

Also if you look at his parallax example he moves left to right as you can see on the Moon the Astronaut moved in a diagonal and camera was not level either.

edit on 6-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: extra info added

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

The stills from the 16mm video:

Firstly, it isn't Apollo 11.

The video in question is from Apollo 8's 16mm footage, which you can see at 36:56 here:

So whatever it claims to be showing, it isn't Apollo 11.

The crater in question is Marconi (which Apollo 11 didn't fly over on its orbital path), and it is shown as a mirror image - often the camera was mounted in the frame and viewed a mirror looking outside.

I'm not sure what is being claimed as an impact, but if it is the much brighter crater near the middle of Marconi this can be seen in Lunar Orbiter images pre-dating Apollo.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

The footage varies in speed because the camera had variable settings, and it had no audio capability. Some people have matched audio to the footage, which is why it can be found apparently with sound in some youtube uploads.

Just WOW !

Thanks a Bunch yet again ONEBIGMONKEY

So the 16mm Video I have is a Complation of the Missions
just not Apollo 11 even tho it says Apollo in the Test color
Pattern at the begining of the Reall. Strange .

Still Mysteries of what that Plume is seeing if its from Apollo 8 .

DID Apollo 8 crash something into it by chance ?

yup it is the exact captured still i have
( this one is lightning fast in the Speed ) to pause with the
space bar. lol the one i have is kinda slow approach.

Thanks for your Time and Effort.

Now ATS is able to view it.

well.. Someone Said it was a luna lander crash ,
as i questioned it before.. thinking Phage or Orberg IDK

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I wonder what's that whirly looking thing on the right side of the hill in the middle?
Whatever it is, it casts a shadow, and it ain't there in the next couple of photos.

www.flickr.com...
edit on 6-10-2015 by Starpilot80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

No problem

It's possible that the person who compiled the video just made a mistake.

When you have watched as many hours of the footage and seen as many of the photos over and over again as I have you get to recognise things - I've lost cont of the number of times documentaries have used footage from different missions out of sequence as they try and tell the story of Apollo using the most interesting bits of footage.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The Planetary Society compiled the Apollo 11 photos from the new Flickr archive into this mind-spinning time-lapse of their journey to the Moon and back. If anything, just by watching this video hopefully people will get a clear impression that they did indeed go to the Moon.

www.youtube.com...

Facebook version: www.facebook.com...
edit on 6-10-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

There are still a lot of people who doubt NASA went to the moon. By publisching this pictures NASA seems to try to eliminate all skepticism.

From www.evawaseerst.be...

Did astronauts really walked to the moon?

Yes. We are more than convinced. Although all pictures seem to be or manipulated, or unclear. A lot of pictures we simply never will see. But if NASA didn’t went to the moon, that would have been the greatest opportunity for Russians and others to ridicule the USA. Geniuses in Russia or China for example are not dumber than those in the US. They already should have proven that moon landings were fake. Bud they did not By the way NASA plans to go to Mars. Why would they plan to go to Mars if they not even reached the moon in the past?

Better question: Why they stopped the Apollo program and never restarted it? (Read our site if you want to.)

Back to the pictures.

Superpowers can mislead people and that is what superpowers do all the time. Some pictures are censured. That is the least one can say. There is a lot on the not published pictures we better don’t see. The reason? Publishing everyting would not be a good idea for most people because of more than one reason, also explained in our site. (Real leaders of this world are not as bad as you may think.)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
All of you who say the photos have been manipulated , you can use photo forensic analysis to check if the images have been manipulated in anyway , its easy to do and there are website where you can upload the images and it does it for you

knock yourself out

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That Apollo 12 image has been available for many years, eg

www.lpi.usra.edu...

originally posted by: Wolfenz

I see you did some homework on your site.

I havent seen that photo before and then again i wasnt looking for it ethier.

All of these pictures have been available on the internet for years.
The new thing is that they are now on Flickr.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

www.lpi.usra.edu...

...Along with the fact that (as far as I'm aware) these are the highest-rez images to date, and that they haven't been adjusted in any way.

But personally, I still prefer the ones over at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal. They have been adjusted for better contrast and colour; and the higher resolution at Flickr doesn't reveal much more than the emulsion grain and the not-so-perfect focus.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Years ? give me the time .. as I said before I seen the 16mm on board
and on the moon.. Reel Transfers

7 years ago , before it was brought out to the public.

ive seen most of the videos The Archive.org has to offer .

and they were put up from NASA in 2009

and from what I seen and Have was from 2007 or 2008.
and way different in certain areas .. more less the uncut
un censored version. more less a reel spliced hack job.
from the original Reels themselves ( well Japans 2nd Copy )

and im just talking about the videos
back then there wasn't much out there
showing big files that are around 300 to 600 megs long in AVI
on Sites until much later time. yeah we had cable but then
DSL was much more popular . downloading 10 to 15 files that were 300 to 600 a pop
took all night , So I doubt for years.

any how

for those that want to see Apollo 11 and 12 Videos

APOLLO 11 16MM ONBOARD FILM
by NASA/Johnson Space Center
archive.org...

Film taken includes scenes taken out Lunar Module (LM) window documenting lunar surface Extravehicular Activity (EVA) and LM ascent, rendezvous and maneuver for docking during lunar orbit. Also includes views from the Lunar Module (LM) during descent and landing on moon, Neil Armstrong descending to lunar surface, scenes out LM window during ascent and approach with CSM.

APOLLO 11 16MM ONBOARD FILM

www.dvidshub.net...

APOLLO 12 16MM ONBOARD FILM
by NASA/Johnson Space Center
archive.org...

Film taken includes a solar eclipse, Charles Conrad and Alan Bean on lunar surface, and scenes of Lunar Module (LM) during lunar orbital rendezvouz and docking. Also includes view out Lunar Module (LM) window during landing and lunar surface Extravehicular Activity (EVA) with flag and various scenes of Charles Conrad, Alan Bean and Richard Gordon.

NASA Johnson Space Center ( list ) on Internet Archive
archive.org...

Apollo Multimedia Gallery
archive.org...

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago10278 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

From emails he has sent, Kipp's intention was to remove criticisms and some of the more stupid 'analyses' by not doing any kind of adjustment to the images.

I also think a lot of the scanning has been inconsistent, so his collection can be a standard even though as yet it isn't complete.

Often you have to skip around between the AFJ. ALSJ, Apollo Image Atlas, Archive.org and the Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth (who also do unprocessed high res Apollo scans) in search for decent quality images, so it's nice to have them in a browseable and high quality format. If I want to tweak them, I can do that myself.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

But you could get copies by buying them from the right department.

Edited versions of the 16mm footage were also available as 8mm and super 8 reels on sale through newspapers.

Even a jerk like Bart Sibrel was producing videos claiming hoax since 2001, using footage he got from NASA by just asking.

The still images have been around on the net since 1990s.

The internet is not the only medium for images, moving or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Not one single photo or video offers one single iota of 'proof' that any aspect of the missions were faked

This one does.

This is someone pretending to be an astronaut reflected in the visor. They didn't even bother to add the life preserving bulky backpack.

As this person was the purported photographer of this image, why is he/she not even facing towards the visor?

This 'new' image of AS17-141-21608 offers no more detail than has previously been available.

Source: www.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ppk55

Not one single photo or video offers one single iota of 'proof' that any aspect of the missions were faked

This one does.

This is someone pretending to be an astronaut reflected in the visor. They didn't even bother to add the life preserving bulky backpack.

As this person was the purported photographer of this image, why is he/she not even facing towards the visor?

This 'new' image of AS17-141-21608 offers no more detail than has previously been available.

Source: www.flickr.com...

Funny how his shadow includes the backpack. This "fakery" has been dealt with here: educationforum.ipbhost.com...
It's just a quirk of the distorted reflection in the visor.
edit on 7-10-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ppk55

Video man is back this has been shot down in flames on here before

edit on 7-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ppk55

WOW you got a star so that's 2 people that can't understand a relection on a curved surface

edit on 7-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join