It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

“Each time this happens I’m going to bring this up,” Obama said. “Each time this happens I am going to say we can actually do something about it.”

What say you?

Then I say, each time a mass gun shooting happens, I am going to suspect the motive behind it was a political agenda.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You're looking forward to the next mass shooting then?

Where the hell are all of you people when a typical week end in the gun control Mecca of Chicago nets 50 or more shot?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As long as governments continue to be reactive instead of proactive, $h!t will still happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
As long as governments continue to be reactive instead of proactive, $h!t will still happen.

Curious to how you think they should react?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I agree like over 70 years of gun control for something is that already ILLEGAL.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Obama is 100% correct. The madness of allowing anyone with a pulse to obtain pretty much any kind of weapon he / she can afford is dangerous to the population of this country. It IS a political. Let's discuss it, instead of letting gun manufactures and the NRA decide for us. Responsible gun owners ought to be outraged that their interests and image are being corrupted by corporate greed, (like most things, unfortunately).

topica reply to: neo96

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Maybe gun owners are outrage at their rights being denied over political greed.

How about that?

Dunno know why anyone would trust a corrupted state.

That has committed more crimes, murder more people than the John Q gun owner ever has or ever will.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
Obama is 100% correct. The madness of allowing anyone with a pulse to obtain pretty much any kind of weapon he / she can afford is dangerous to the population of this country. It IS a political. Let's discuss it, instead of letting gun manufactures and the NRA decide for us. Responsible gun owners ought to be outraged that their interests and image are being corrupted by corporate greed, (like most things, unfortunately).

topica reply to: neo96

We don't allow people to illegally purchase illegal firearms. Those people violate the law in defiance of what is allowed.

There are only three options, as I see it:

1.) We continue to try to enforce gun laws knowing it's an imperfect process but with the goal to improve enforcement.
2.) We disarm the public, allow the government to be armed -- and therefore create a black market system dealing in illegal weapons.
3.) The public is disarmed and the government is disarmed -- no guns allowed in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

They didn't learn nothing from prohibition, and the 'war on drugs'.

Did they ?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Because:

When Cops kill a black man, its the Racist, Bigoted, Corrupt, bully of a Cops fault.......

When Civilians kill each other, its the Guns fault......

Its astounding how stark the hypocrisy is

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They didn't learn nothing from prohibition, and the 'war on drugs'.

Did they ?

Ha! I think 'they' learned a lot from the War on Drugs and Prohibition -- and 'they' would love to corner the market on illegal weapons and keep their own government arms legally.

It's the public that isn't thinking it through.

As far as I can see, option #2 is the very worst option. And yet that's where we are being led. Or it seems that way from my perspective.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What I really like is how Obama came out with such a strong stance on this...

But when Cops were being targetted, and still are, and killed..........hes completely silent

No speeches

No Addresses

No condemning of the targeting of officers.........

But this situation, well , this fits the narrative perfectly.........

hes right about his transparency, we can see right through you to your agenda Obama

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Friends...I think with only a little more than a year left to accomplish an agenda, there are going to be many more of these incidents unfortunately. The American People are the only thing standing in the way and our pesky 2A.

Watch for the UN to get involved.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

2.) We disarm the public, allow the government to be armed -- and therefore create a black market system dealing in illegal weapons.

I would agree just like in China where it's illegal for citizens to own firearms.

The last great step in communization.

The fundamental transformation of America in to a police state.

Where only the STATE, and Police have guns.

Criminals mind you will never give their up.

So there we are caught between some epic stupidity only to become collateral damage.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Friends...I think with only a little more than a year left to accomplish an agenda, there are going to be many more of these incidents unfortunately. The American People are the only thing standing in the way and our pesky 2A.

Watch for the UN to get involved.

The only thing standing between the 'NWO' is an armed populace.

Take the guns away?

That's when the real totalitarianism comes.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You're looking forward to the next mass shooting then?

Where the hell are all of you people when a typical week end in the gun control Mecca of Chicago nets 50 or more shot?

And why doesn't President Obama address the mass murders in his own home town, where most shooters and victims are his own race. In September, 61 people were murdered near (literally) his former back yard. Maybe he's too embarrassed?
-cwm

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because it doesn't fit his agenda.

Chicago already has the toughest gun restrictions in the country.

So he ignores it.

What Obama wants to do is turn the entire country in to Chicago.

And watch murder rates skyrocket.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Personally, while I'm sure (or at least I hope) that a large part of Obama, when he thinks about what happened, is saddened/angered. However, I do believe at least part of him is thanking his lucky stars that something happened to get the news media off the topic of Russia/Iran/Siria.

His gun control rhetoric, eh, same old, same old.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Well, the tyranical government of the USA has already essentially taken our weapons away.

The guns they sell at the gun stores are just toys compared to what the military is using. To put it in perspective, we would be like farmers with pitchforks and scythes against trained swordsmen with armor and shields. They don't need to take our pitchforks, we've been horribly outclassed since before the Civil War.

Is that a reason to restrict even more firearms? Not really.

What I'm saying is this:

I keep seeing the argument that "right to bear arms" is intended to keep the people armed against an aggressive and rouge government.

That argument isn't valid anymore. We no longer as a people have anywhere near the firepower that the government has. We might as well have nothing at all when it is compared to the arsenal of the US military.

The idea that the people owning guns keeps us secure and safe from the government is an invalid argument in 2015. In 1776 the weapons of war were available to everyone, and most armies were made up of con.regular folks who quit their farms and trade jobs to fight.

We don't like in a world like that anymore. The USA has enemies that have standing armies of millions, with ICMBS and space based intelligence gathering satellites.

This isn't the movie "Red Dawn" -- a group of people with shotguns, handguns and rifles isn't going to win a war against an adversary with air and sea superiority, missiles, tanks, armor, technology...

The argument is invalid, it has been since at least the Civil War. If that argument is going to be used, then the people using it need to be pushing to own nuclear weapons, Apache gunships, UCAVs, and the ability to create their own armies that rival the US military in technology and firepower.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If you think the only thing preventing the planet falling to the grip of the NWO is ordinary Americans having guns, you're absolutely deluded.

If you think countries where the general populace don't have guns are being forced to live under the yoke of tyranny, you're even more deluded.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join