It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You're so focused on hating Obama that it comes across like you actually don't give a damn that so many people were just killed.

So here's a better idea.

Why don't you come up with a suggestion that stops people being needlessly killed instead of spouting partisan political BS all the time?

Address the the failures since the Reagan Administration with regard to abandoning mental health care funding in this country.

End the war on drugs.

End the war on terror.

There's about 95% of your killing right there.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Actually the people trying to have it both ways are gun owner critics.

So, now we're being rational, lets take the partisan politics out of it too.

Good luck especially when after what the Potus just said.

And it is rather hard for people to claim the 'moral' high ground when they are standing knee deep in the muck, and mire.

I will say it once more my government is responsible for more death and destruction than LAW abiding gun owners.

Its not them people have to look out for.

THEY ARE LAW ABIDING.

What's the answer to stopping these mass shootings?

Short of banning PEOPLE. NOTHING.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Actually the supreme court already had clarified the definition of the rights to bear arms in this nation many times

And is been upheld every time.

The 5 to 4 decision does not strike down any gun-control laws, nor does it elaborate on what kind of laws would offend the Constitution. One justice predicted that an "avalanche" of lawsuits would be filed across the country asking federal judges to define the boundaries of gun ownership and government regulation.

But Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who wrote the opinion for the court's dominant conservatives, said: "It is clear that the Framers . . . counted the right to keep and bear arms among those fundamental rights necessary to our system of ordered liberty."

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You're so focused on hating Obama that it comes across like you actually don't give a damn that so many people were just killed.

So here's a better idea.

Why don't you come up with a suggestion that stops people being needlessly killed instead of spouting partisan political BS all the time?

Address the the failures since the Reagan Administration with regard to abandoning mental health care funding in this country.

End the war on drugs.

End the war on terror.

There's about 95% of your killing right there.

This....at least to begin with.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Nope...and pretty sick reply there by the way. Maybe you have heard of solving the problem instead of addressing the symptom? You know, mental illness.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's that time:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thank you!

I'm interested in the part about ending the war on drugs - do you not think that might cause more crime/violence/mental health disorders via addiction?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I find it hilarious that you don't expect a politician to take a political stance on a national issue. Its his job. Its what he does.

Of course he's going to have an opinion on it, and why shouldn't he share it?

How many pro-gun politicians are there? You want them to keep quiet too?

Projectvxn disagrees with you that there is nothing that can be done. I think I prefer his though process.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yep. It was a sick reply, because your post read like you'd rather take pot shots at Obama than address the problem.

Obama wants to solve the issue. You apparently want to solve the issue. There is common ground there. You aren't so different after all. Resolution comes through discussion and debate, not partisan hackery.

So do you think the US is able to have a sensible conversation on the issue, and find some middle ground?

link   

I find it damn right detestable at the support of the willful constitutional violations by the gun control crowd .

Starting at the top. Meaning the White House.

So you think Americans should have their constitutional RIGHTS of DUE process be denied to them.

And Crimes be proven in courts of LAW.

Not too many.

Projectvxn disagrees with you that there is nothing that can be done. I think I prefer his though process.

Well he is entitled to his opinion as am i.

The last remaining true freedom anyone has anymore are their own thoughts.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

And kids get killed with.....

guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

guns.

They sure don't they.

Oh you were talking about Syria right ?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I find it hilarious that you don't expect a politician to take a political stance on a national issue. Its his job. Its what he does.

Of course he's going to have an opinion on it, and why shouldn't he share it?

I wish more of our elected officials would speak up about what they believe in so we are not surprised by their votes. By the same token I think the president would be better served to address congress about this and not wag his finger at the general population. One of the things bubba was successful at was taking the issue to congress then reminding the american people that he was pushing congress to find a solution. Addressing the country without pushing at least his own party to try and find a solution does not do anyone any good.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So, now we're being rational, lets take the partisan politics out of it too.

What's the answer to stopping these mass shootings?

Restricting and banning firearms is not the answer. Again, take a look at the states in the U.S. with the stricter gun laws and you will find more gun violence than in most other cities.

Or take a look at Britain, which outlawed most guns yet crimes with firearms have gotten so out of control and have increased so much that more police officers now have to wear guns.

Outlawing nor heavily restricting firearms is not the answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Laws are not set in stone. They change all the time in reaction to circumstance. There is a reason why things are called "amendments"

You don't have prohibition any more.

You don't have slavery any more.

Gay marriage is now legal.

Witches are not burned any more

Why should gun laws be exempt from change?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

guns.

More kids get injured with household cleaning products than by guns. Are you going to demand the outlaw of household cleaning products such as clorox as well?

Now that we are on this, do tell us, how many kids die of drug abuse including everyday used items such as glue which many kids use to inhale it?...

Are you going to demand for all drugs, all glue, and every item that can kill a child to be outlawed?

What about the kids that use their parents prescriptions to get high? Are you going to demand for all medication to be outlawed?

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct and add comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Laws are not set in stone.

Well that isn't true.

Since man has been calling himself 'civilized' people going around murdering each other has been illegal.

Now tell me there Mr. Nef since people are not allowed to go around and do that.

Just exactly what are superfluous laws going to do ?

Oh yeah make something that is already illegal. More so.

There's your definition of INSANITY.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ahem.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Criminals will always ignore "gun free" zone signs, and a sign isn't going to stop someone else who wants to carry one from doing so. Unless someone sees the gun or its used, how is anyone going to know the "gun free" zone is being violate? They won't.

I saw a guy bend over at the state fair here that was a "gun free zone" -- sure enough he was packing. He wasn't a police officer or anything I take it, as he certainly wasn't in shape and to old...he also had small kids (grandkids?) with him.

I know a lot of gun advocates, I live in Alaska. None of the ones I've talked to would respect a "gun free zone" sign. So the people carrying guns that want to will do so anyway, regardless of what the signs say.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Is your paranoia about the government and your well-armed militia.worth this? Those tyrants you fear are already quite heavily armed, so good luck against the drones and tanks and fighter jets you also support funds for.

We are waaaaaaay past this point. And at what cost?

Wow...really?... Maybe you should change your cartoons a bit to actually show who is to blame for gun violence being the worst in states with the stricter gun laws in the nation...

Is your paranoia on guns and not wanting to allow people to choose whether or not they want to exercise their second amendment right worth the increase in gun violence?...

edit on 2-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join