It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: vor78

I'm not responsible for what someone else does. My neighbor is not responsible for what someone else does. 100 million other law-abiding gun owners are not responsible for what someone else does.

You can try to play the shame/blame game, but its not going to work.

Actively helping to prevent laws that would reduce gun crime gives you a level of responsibility whether you like it or not.

You have no information to suggest that those laws would reduce gun crime so your statement is false.

There is no data in the US to suggest that mass shootings are reduced by stricter gun laws.

Unfortunately for the citizens...if that would eventually happen, only the government will have firearms...exactly what the second amendment was written to avoid and protect them from.

See that is simply untrue..in Canada we have some gun control and as a result we have 1 gun per just under 2 citizens..roughly 17,000,000 guns. You dont have to register shotguns and rifles..no cc, handguns and semi auto rifles require a restricted weapon permit.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

NOTHING is going to happen what is the debate here...NOTHING is going to happen because the GOP are in the control of the NRA and other reactionary powers and amazingly due to the stupidity of the American public in control of congress.

That isn't really saying much.

All anyone has to do is point out Romney, and Jeb Bush.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a perfect methodology to do I don’t know what

Put a brain dead group in power, the GOP, who are in the control of gun advocates and murder on an average now of probably 1 American a day with a gun and then just terrorize the American people and nothings done about it…no debate, no new policies, NOTHING and the people also do nothing because they have been programmed by some mysterious force to be supine

So this is going to be accepted like a disease we can’t cure and America is the only advanced country where this is occurring at such a rate

Oregon writer: America is being terrorized by itself

In this country, we're now living in a state of desperation, in which school shootings and armed violence are a fact of daily life. Americans are so used to hearing these nightmarish reports, we're almost numb, which is when things become particularly dangerous. We throw up our hands, resign ourselves to hopelessness, inertia, cynicism. We trade our humanity for passivity.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Willtell

NOTHING is going to happen what is the debate here...NOTHING is going to happen because the GOP are in the control of the NRA and other reactionary powers and amazingly due to the stupidity of the American public in control of congress.

That isn't really saying much.

All anyone has to do is point out Romney, and Jeb Bush.

Romney and Jeb Bush ARE NOT IN POWER

THE GOP CONGRESS IS

And they will do NOTHING

Think NOTHING

Debate NOTHING

Just hold the power, influence of their backers

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!!!

This is not a thread ti discuss the second amendment, or bicker with other members.
Please limit the discussion to the topic....which is the Oregon shooting.
This is not the first staff attempt to ask the thread stay on topic...You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

Quoting this for the ones who obviously missed it and are trying to get in the last word.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why is the dad describing the scene when he was not present at the time? I would rather hear it from the survivor than the over-dramatic father. I don't want to hear testimonies from people who heard it from the survivors. I want to hear it from the mouth of the ones who survived. I want to see the ones who survived but I highly doubt that will happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You have just described what is going on in Canada, maybe not so many illegals but more than enough culture clash and govts pandering to ethnic groups to buy votes..we started a multicultural integration program in the 70s and it has not integrated much just created ethnic areas. Interestingly we have had alot of shootings locally in B.C...95% 2nd gen ethnic gang stuff..I love to fill a plane with these losers and air drop them into South Central L.A.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It’s really not about the GOP or the guns indeed.

It’s about saving the next child from being blasted away by an automatic

Or a young innocent woman going to the supermarket and annihilated by a super gun for nothing

Or anybody for that matter

The old guy veteran who loves America but is blown away for nothing

Or a young college boy with a great future offed by another lunatic with a gun

Hopefully (God forbid) it won’t be anybody here’s loved one.

It’s always somebody else so we don’t really react anymore because it’s only on TV

If people cant understand that then its nothing else to say

Just have the next funeral

The next vigil with woman crying with babies in their arms

The next speech by the president imploring the PTB for just a little wisdom

The next debate here about guns and the brain dead ptb

Stick around it ill be here

You could bet on it

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Closed briefly to let this sink in......

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!!!

This is not a thread ti discuss the second amendment, or bicker with other members.
Please limit the discussion to the topic....which is the Oregon shooting.
This is not the first staff attempt to ask the thread stay on topic...You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

reopened 1:32PM EDT
edit on Fri Oct 2 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They just said they can not name the victims. How in the world can they not name the victims? If that is not fishy, I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
They just said they can not name the victims. How in the world can they not name the victims? If that is not fishy, I don't know what is.

I could understand if next of kin for some victims hadn't been informed of the deaths of their loved ones.... but that shouldn't be many at this point.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No doubt if they did now people would be attempting to contact their families and telling them they are crisis actors.
Let the dust settle and they will.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Why is the dad describing the scene when he was not present at the time? I would rather hear it from the survivor than the over-dramatic father. I don't want to hear testimonies from people who heard it from the survivors. I want to hear it from the mouth of the ones who survived. I want to see the ones who survived but I highly doubt that will happen.

So you haven't seen the footage of the survivor guy saying how the shooter was asking peoples religions, asking Christians to stand up and then saying "you'll see God in one second" and then pulling the trigger?
Or the girl saying how they grabbed everything and just ran!
There's plenty of footage of survivors talking.
edit on 2-10-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
sooo is there anywhere in this thread where i can even find details on the shooting or has everyone just decided to argue needlessly once again?

i've been scanning the pages, but the early ones seem to lack details and the late ones.... well.... you know.....

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Schubenstein

Well, there's some here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

thank you so much... lol i was looking for soooo long.... i was trying to identify the shooter as earlier i had read a few names.... thanks again!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sad day for all those families and loved ones. My thoughts and positive energy goes out to them in their time of tragic loss.

Our western society in general is extremely fragmented and lost these days.

It's not synonymous to the USA, just amplified.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've heard it said that one of the American 'heroes' who helped foil the Paris Train terrorist attempt...goes to this school, but was absent that day due to being on 'Dancing With The Stars'.

Has anyone else heard this?

If true, this would be quite a coincidence!
EDIT...Here it is:

France train hero was supposed to be at Oregon college

ROSEBURG, Ore. — One of three Americans who tackled a terror suspect on a train from Amsterdam to Paris in August was planning to attend an Oregon community college this fall and would have been on campus Thursday during a shooting that left 10 dead.

Instead, he was in Los Angeles on Dancing with the Stars, he said during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Ten people were killed after a gunman shot up a classroom at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg on Thursday. Authorities say the male shooter — whom they have refused to name publicly — was killed in a shootout with police.

Alek Skarlatos, 23, an Oregon National Guardsman, and two of his friends were hailed as heroes for subduing a gunman on the train.

In a taped interview with Ellen DeGeneres on Thursday, Skarlatos said he was supposed to be in the building where Thursday's shooting took place.

"I had classes in Snyder Hall," said Skarlatos."It's a fairly small community college, the town in general, everybody knows each other. So with that many deceased, I mean everybody's going to know at least one person."

The names of the victims have not yet been released.

"I would have been there today if I didn't agree to do this show," he said. "I had classes picked out and everything."

Skarlatos was last on campus in spring 2014, before his deployment to Afghanistan.

Skarlatos, U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, 23, and Anthony Sadler, 23, a student at Sacramento State University were on the high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris when a man armed with a Kalashnikov, an automatic Luger pistol and a box cutter raced through the car. They, along with Chris Norman, 62, a British businessman, disarmed Ayoub El-Khazzani, 26, a Moroccan with ties to radical Islam.

The trio received France's highest honor, the Legion d'Honneur, from French President François Hollande in August. In September, they were honored at the White House and at the Pentagon.

Stone was awarded the Purple Heart and Airman's Medal. Skarlatos received the Soldier's Medal. The medals are the highest awards bestowed on troops who act heroically in non-combat situations.

During the taping, Skarlatos also said that he wished he could have been at the college to help out during the shooting.

In a statement, he said:

While I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time in August aboard a train bound for Paris, I only wish that the same could be said for today. I praise the first responders who were on the ground today in Roseburg as they undoubtedly were integral in saving numerous lives and putting a stop to what could have been more tragic than it is. My heart and prayers go out to this community, my community, right now.

The episode of Ellen is scheduled to air Monday.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 2-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: Indigo5

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people and kill themselves they are going to do it. With guns or not.

They are going to TRY with or without guns.

It is not debatable that a madman on a killing spree stabbing folks with a pencil is easier to subdue or stop than a madman with an AK-47 on a killing spree.

The argument of crazy is crazy and those with intent will successfully kill many despite the weapon is fundamentally flawed.

The fact that you keep using a pencil as the madman's weapon of choice shows how unwilling you are to have an honest debate.

More accurately, it shows the dishonesty of the post I replied to.

originally posted by: Bicent76

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people and kill themselves they are going to do it. With guns or not.

Guns matter as a weapon. It is precisely why they are sold. To claim that someone is going to have the same outcome using lesser weapons or unregulated items, thus we should not regulate guns, is dishonest.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join