It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending materialism and beginning humanism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I already know that your going to reactor poorly to my sentiment but I believe this with my heart.

We need to bring empathy and compassion and faith back into our communities. Not in a religious sense but in a real heartfelt way deeply in the hearts of the individual.

This greedy self centered way of life that we express on this planet is an ambaressment to the greater intelligent force of this cosmos and the intelligent force we are blessed with in this experience. We should be using it to explore the outer reaches of the universe and in mastering the elements to create a heaven or Shambala on this planet for everyone to enjoy.

In my opinion our current time period is a disgrace and every human on this planet should feel it. It's about time we use technology for the benefit of all mankind and begin working together as a species with a common goal once again.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What a wonderful Preamble One. Nicely put forth.

link   
Oddly enough reading the title brought me down another line of thinking.

I realized that within the christian context that the idea of humanism and materialism is inheritly idolatry. We idealize everything but a greater more cosmic entity or being in the pursuit of happiness. What we need to do is reintroduce the idea of a greater being within the cosmos that is of a higher intelligence.

Label it what you will.

link   
Careful you don't disappear or get shot 40 or 50 times for having a pocket knife.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks I appreciate it.

I think the forum has been lacking in its philosophical discussion lately.

It's been getting to fix newsy around here.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I'll be fine but thanks haha!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Unfortunately humanism is steeped in materialism and is where the greed and selfishness comes from. The monetary system and monarchy that rules this planet relies on the fear they establish to control humans.

The only way to change this is to bring about a unified spiritualistic energy.

You are right, it has nothing to do with religion, also a humanistic endeavor, it is about allowing each and every soul that inhabits this planet to free themselves of the shackles of slavery and to embrace each other with a true sense of self and love, and to actually focus on what is truly important.

I think it starts with with the abolishment of commercialized holiday rituals, we have to show them that they are pandering to a "falsification" of idiotic ideology.

Then maybe we can eliminate the use of religion and weed out the monetary system and become a truly spiritual conglomeration of souls.
edit on 1-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

Of course I say this with my Halloween avatar which makes me a completely hypocritical humanistic contradiction, but the soul in me recognizes that there is a fine line we have to walk sometimes.

I am all for fun, and the holidays we celebrate can be done without the over commercialization they are immersed in.
edit on 1-10-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Oh man you made the OP worth writing thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

That's right.

The parallel is in the book of Isaiah, where God visits his wrath upon Israel for turning away from him: instead of recognizing their folly after his initial wrath, and with "defiant hope", they turned further away, declaring that they would rebuilt themselves...

And that is when God pwned them.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I believe our universe has auto-tune that ensures the correct vibration in the end. That auto-tune is karma that forces everyone to realize the truth. The world is exactly how it should be, if one cannot accept that, they cannot accept God.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Hmm.

So for instance, is it my plight to feel this way and post so?

Do you think this is part of the tuning process to begin to think like this?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep
Interesting, I find that your post relates with the poster below you.

Is it possible that the auto tune can also be considered gods will?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think your sentiment is a positive one. I am perfectly content in my little corner of the world with my stack of books and comfy chair. I am not sure what exactly you want to change. Any idiot can find a comfy chair and those crazy people at the library let me read their stuff for free.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yes I think so. Your empathy for others is forcing you to sacrifice yourself to help others. In Buddhism it is called Bodhicitta which is said to be one of the fastest roads to enlightenment. Because one only seeks enlightenment to help others, not to appease our ego.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Yes I think so. Your empathy for others is forcing you to sacrifice yourself to help others. In Buddhism it is called Bodhicitta which is said to be one of the fastest roads to enlightenment. Because one only seeks enlightenment to help others, not to appease our ego.

Does that mean that if everyone on earth lives this way were be in heaven?

Awesome I want to read about it thanks.
edit on 10/1/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

When people have no more karma against them, they escape suffering (rebirth), which in Christianity is regarded as heaven. In Christianity they teach if someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also, for the exact same reason.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

When people have no more karma against them, they escape suffering (rebirth), which in Christianity is regarded as heaven. In Christianity they teach if someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also, for the exact same reason.

Interesting..

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I am not entirely sure what they mean by "auto-tune", but karma infers that an individual has control over their own destiny; even their own salvation. God, on the other hand, speaks directly against that notion, and instead, makes clear that the proper perspective is to think of it like you are not enacting God's will, but you are more like abiding by it.

John 15:4 (KJV)
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Think about it like you are a current, floating in an ocean of currents, who are all currents as moved by the will of God.

That is, you are a spirit, of the Spirit, and are to abide by the spirit given to you as translated into form, by Father.

So, look at it like you are a force that takes in the forces around you, and you are to use those forces, the spirit, or breath given to you, as your will, as defined by God, and made known to you by the word, structure, or body of the force, the Son of God.

And I have given this example many times around here but it is the easiest way to understand so I am going to say it again:

These words are images of my awareness, or concepts,
my awareness is my translation of my will or spirit,
and my will is to have you understand God and your role.

So, at once, all three are one: the words are the image of my awareness of my will.

word/image/form/structure/body is Jesus
awareness/translation/conceptualization/soul is Father
will/spirit/desire/purpose is the Holy Spirit

The Spirit is God's spirit, and is formulated by Father, into the body, or structure, that is the Son. From there, you take in the structured body as your forces, or will, or breath, and byway of how you conceive of, or translate, the forces, with your soul, you restructure the body of the forces as your determined will/forces...

And hopefully that makes it clear how our role is, and is to be, God's will, and not really ours.

Oh, and to be very very clear: to the best of my knowledge, Father has only willed one spirit that can conquer death, and that is Jesus. So, if you want salvation, you must take in the spirit of the Son / become a child of God and do the will of the Son.

Baptism/taking in the spirit of the Son:
Old Testament: Ezekiel 36:24-28
New Testament: Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:14-15, Matthew 3:11

Good luck.
edit on 10/1/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

We are blessed with dreams and imagination and a set of thumbs, we developed speech and the means to work together.

We resort to our primal instincts but this world if far from the humanity it was intended for.

Someone saw a spark, a little piece of hope, the very last thing in pandoras box.

Freedom of choice are for humans, not for primates.

Old school is knocking on your door, and if they come through, well, you think the Muslims are different.

Old School is the prime of humanity, and they consider most of you a parasite or a virus.

Thats the reality, now go grasshoppas teach humanity

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I agree with you. I have read that our first celebrations, and parties, were centered on seasonal events, the planting, the harvesting, the changes of seasons and stuff. Mix in the religious mumbo jumbo and these events were greatly looked forward to and remembered long after as bright spots in the otherwise everyday struggle for survival.

Cut to today and that now ingrained tendency is exploited at every turn. A huge leap for me in understanding our human condition came when I hear my first analysis of the relationship of Xmas and the national economy. That some large percentage of businesses could not survive were it not for this one holiday tied to Jesus. Man, that juxtaposition slammed me in the face and forever changed my out look on holidays.

Then I began noticing how those holidays were spread out over the year, one after another after another spaced about a month apart. And if there were none of a religious nature, they invented nationalistic ones and when those were not enough there were ones for fathers and one for mothers and one for love etc.

Now we have national 'left handers day' and national this day and that day and the stores tear down a display of candy treats and replace it with funny hats and paper turkeys only to tear that one down and replace it with you know who. What a damn cycle, over and over.

So I have weened myself of holiday exuberance and am considered by so many friends as being a curmudgeon and at that one time of year, a Scrooge. I mean, Terry, 'how can you not just looovvvvveeee Christmas. The spirit of giving, the spirit of love and coming together'' as they roll their eyes in dismissal. And all I can think to reply is ''right, the gathering for celebration around someone else's cash register.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join