It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove the Earth is not flat.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

A lifelong sailor shared with you how he circumnavigated the earth. Before anyone gets into meltdown, doesn't someone sharing personal/professional experience make you at least pause to reflect? Not being facetious here.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
I'm sorry but you are wrong. You aren't on the fence you genuinely believe the earth is flat based on previous comments. I feel I have to lower the intellect for you to understand.

From where you are how come you can't see mount everest? Is it because your eyes can't see far enough or because of something called the horizon. I can ask more age 5 question if it helps get you back on course.

P.s quoting navigation records of a sea captain from 200 yrs ago doesn't help justify a point on flat earth.

Oh dear...Im not even going to comment on this. You Sir, will get people banned. Lower your intellect? Then why ask such a dumb question?

Ask any engineer if they have to factor in the curvature of the earth.....NEVER EVER EVER has any engineer been taught to factor in the curvature of the earth....ah nevermind...please do not comment to me.

Anyone else can but this NON ats member!!? NO

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

A lifelong sailor shared with you how he circumnavigated the earth. Before anyone gets into meltdown, doesn't someone sharing personal/professional experience make you at least pause to reflect? Not being facetious here.

It was purely a research thing....on the subject we are talking of now.

A social talk if I will.

I paraphrased his answer of roughly 8 A4 pages into what you read. HE was bemused by what is taught and what is fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Snipers have to take the spin into account.

www.straightdope.com...

So I'm sure engineers take it into account all the time.
Plus GPS positioning and many others.

But you will just come up with some quote which you refuse to link and just ignore actual evidence won't you?.
edit on 30-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Also, google "navigation in polar regions" and the "prime meridian"

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Lmao. No doubt you have spoken to every engineer in the world. Any oil pipeline engineers recently? Non ats member? Too funny. I'm not the one trolling here.

And yet you couldn't answer the basic question. I genuinely thought you would go down the eye sight route but clearly I over estimated you.

Do us a favour please. Quote your sources. I would like to explore this christian website for myself. If it's true then why feel ashamed to link it?

If you are Not trolling and are genuine then I apologise. I don't like to stoop to lower levels with those who struggle cognitively as it is not their own fault. I genuinely do hope you are trolling.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Welldone OP, they don't even realise the bait trap you have set. Mental note for all future posts.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

I'm sorry but you are wrong. You aren't on the fence you genuinely believe the earth is flat based on previous comments. I feel I have to lower the intellect for you to understand.

From where you are how come you can't see mount everest? Is it because your eyes can't see far enough or because of something called the horizon. I can ask more age 5 question if it helps get you back on course.

P.s quoting navigation records of a sea captain from 200 yrs ago doesn't help justify a point on flat earth.

Oh dear...Im not even going to comment on this. You Sir, will get people banned. Lower your intellect? Then why ask such a dumb question?

Ask any engineer if they have to factor in the curvature of the earth.....NEVER EVER EVER has any engineer been taught to factor in the curvature of the earth....ah nevermind...please do not comment to me.

WRONG!. The supports on long span suspension bridges have the towers square with the Earth but not parallel with each other. The reason being, the earth is curved.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
Blasphemy. Didn't you read NEVER EVER EVER. Whatever next....earth has north and south poles.

Can some please post a picture of earth from ISS. That will end all the silly interpretations right?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
DUH!
Of coarse the earth looks round in 3d.

If you can not phathom how the earth would seem in 2d or 1d then you will not be able to 4d travel with me.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

A flat disk could also cast that shadow.

edit on 9/30/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Of course the Earth is not flat but it is not fully solid either. It is hollow in the inside with a small Sun. I will show you how the Earth actually is on the inside:

Layers of Earth:
External Crust

Mantle

"Core" (Not true one though. Centre of gravity is here. Also where lava comes from.)

Mantle

Crust

Hollow Earth world

So, the mainstream scientists are not totally wrong per say to say that there is a core but they are not right either to say it is in the centre of the Earth.

As for what beings live in the Hollow Earth? Insectoid-type beings that kidnap surface humans for slave labor. These Insectoid-type beings are very cold, have almost no emotions, but are very intelligent.

As for entrances to the Hollow Earth: Middle of the Atlantic Ocean (somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, North Pole, Mammoth Cave)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: itanosam

I will show you how the Earth actually is on the inside

With a few words of text? No first hand sources or pics?

Awesome, let me try, I will show you how the earth is hollow and also a pot of pea and ham soup

side of Pot

tasty liquid

mashed split peas

hollow earth with insectoid creatures

ham (hock)

tasty liquid

side of pot.

oven

Kitchen

House

Earth (flat or sphere)

That was too easy, thanks in large part to the testimony of Admiral Byrd

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: itanosam

Geologists can determine the general make-up of the Earth by analyzing seismic waves as they travel through the earth (e.g., seismic waves from an earthquake on one side of the Earth can be picked up by seismographs on the opposite side of the Earth after traveling through it).

These analyses do NOT show Earth to be hollow. Seismic waves refract differently depending on the geology of the material they are passing through. seismic waves would not pass through a hollow layer.

The analysis of seismic waves show the Earth's general structure to be as follows (from the outside in):

- solid crust
- mostly solid mantle
- liquid outer core
- solid inner core

More information:
Evidence for Internal Earth Structure and Composition

Seismology and Earth's Interior

How Do We Know What's in the Earth's Core?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is it really necessary to convince people the earth is not flat?? I've lost a lot of hope for humanities common sense..

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In must of the flat earth theories, the earth would look something like that. sgfajournal.files.wordpress.com...

The upper half would be a dome. The north pole would be the middle and the south pole the edge. Interesting that it's forbidden to have a trip in Antarctica. www.youtube.com...

From the video and the story, the earth would look like this i.telegraph.co.uk...

It doesn't match with the flat earth theory, cause the map would look like this i.huffpost.com...

We have to assume that if this video was really containing compromised info like hollow earth, then why can I so easily find it on the net? I'm pretty sure most people here have witness a deleted video-pic from the net that they actually saw sometime before. (I remeber have seen a photo of a reinforced truck on a road... on mars. The day after, gone. I've write the exact same thing in google as the day before, but the pic was already removed.)

All this to say that when there's a really compromising video, they remove it. And I assume that the content in Byrd's story is pretty big stuff,so why it's still on the net? If I would want to keep hollow earth a secret, I would never let such videos or stories at the sight of everybody! I would remove it at the speed of light lol.

Another detail upload.wikimedia.org...

Even the UN doesn't hold round earth flag, why? Doesn't it looks like the pic of the flat earth I provided? Why there's only globe in schools and educational institutions?

To end my post, I'll link a video, don't need to watch it entirely, just what NASA dude has to say about earth shape. www.youtube.com...

Don't worry guys, I don't want to impose any theories to you, I just want you to question what's around you and make your own opinion, not based on what you learned at school. Make your own investigations. On this, have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

To expand on your point scientists believe there are very large crystal structures near the the core due to the fact seismic vibrations detections are stronger from pole to pole then when measured from the equator. It explains alot it terms of the harmonics of the earth and the measurements/data but ruins other conceived theories of the earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
you guys are spending way too much time on this nonsense.

Though OP had "noble" intentions...it was always going to be useless.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Here you go.

Because of the height of the towers (693 ft or 211 m) and their distance apart (4,260 ft or 1,298 m), the curvature of the Earth's surface had to be taken into account when designing the bridge—the towers are 1 5⁄8 inches (41.275 mm) farther apart at their tops than at their bases; they are not parallel to each other.[3][14]
Because of thermal expansion of the steel cables, the bridge roadway is 12 feet (3.66 m) lower in summer than in winter.[3][15]

Verrazano-Narrows bridge wiki

I think you are just playing with people though, that is my opinion. But I have nothing against that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join