It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican representative for the vulnerable suggests homeless should be culled with lethal injections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
WOW - Mexican politician thinks it is time to kill off the poor. Takes a lot of nerves and stupidity to step out into the spot light and say things like this. It simply shows you and me how worthless a human life is.

A Mexican councillor has caused outrage after suggesting that homeless people should be culled by lethal injection. Olga Gutierrez Machorro represents vulnerable groups in Tecamachalco, a suburb of Mexico City, which has a spiralling homelessness problem. But while speaking at an event in the south-central Mexican state, she talked about how to help the homeless and disadvantage.

However, she provoked anger when she said culling those without shelter would help to solve the homeless problem adding that it would be 'best for them'. Her remarks, reported in local newspaper Cambio, came when she alleged that the local government lacked the necessary resources to deal with an increasing number of beggars on the streets.

She claimed that she herself had a big heart but was unable to solve the homeless problem alone. Ms Machorro also said that she had often offered her home and office as a sanctuary for those individuals with nowhere to go - but said it wasn't a real solution. She explained: 'Yes they're a little crazy, but they're harmless. Which is why I think to myself, wouldn't it be kinder to give them a lethal injection?'

The councillor then went on to allege that local hospitals were already unofficially killing patients with mental health problems. She said that patients deemed 'unagressive' would be dumped in the middle of motorways in a bid to put them at risk. However, her comments caused much indignation among the local population and she has since apologised. She has now promised a new action plan which is to be put forward to the government in a bid to solve the problem.

LINK

edit on 29-9-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Who would of guessed hitler would reincarnate as a mexican
edit on 29-9-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Human pounds, no kill shelters.. maybe they can find a use for the carcasses? #sarcasm

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Like grind up the meat to feed the living homless? #to-far

a reply to: Milah

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Reminds me of the old Star Trek episode where an over populated planet had disintegration stations.

Maybe they could clone Himmler or Hitler for some ideas? /sarcasm

This woman can't back out so easy from this. Apology not accepted. She's one sick person.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
46% live in poverty in Mexico. How dumb is it to tell nearly half the population that they need to die out? Our politicans are so much more subtle, I mean better... kinder? hrmm.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
#under the floorboards

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I can't help but wonder if there isn't some misreporting going on here and that her comments were sarcastic hyperbole intended to make a point, possibly about the horror of mentally ill patients being dropped in traffic by hospital staff who are hoping that a fair number of them would be run down.

I can't imagine any non-deranged person suggesting that homeless people be euthanized like stray animals.

EDIT:

Upon further consideration, even if that were the case, that still means the hospital is dropping off mentally ill people in traffic.
edit on 2015-9-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Well in Iowa we have some lunatic openly calling for immigrants to be slaves.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What is it getting to hard to send them to America?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
V a reply to: DeathSlayer

Very much off topic outside smoking a cig a hum outside that's wierd

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Clearly euthanizing another human isn't a good way to go about dealing with homelessness but something must be done we cant just keep ignoring the issue.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It's the politicians who should be culled, by whatever means, and almost without exception.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
how do you say" logan's Run" in mexican.....thatll work surely,lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm a right wing savage but even I think people deserve the bare minimum to survive and if they refuse that they deserve right to live how they want within the law or in jail if they can't abide by the laws and haven't committed a capital offense. Only the worst of the worst, whether homeless or very wealthy who have murdered others should be executed. They need a hand up a hell of a lot more than a hand out though. Generosity starts at home. You can't save everyone but if everyone tried to save someone the world would be a better place.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This type of talk about killing the homeless is not new. The danger? Someone came out of the closet and said it in public...... lets kill the poor so now when will it start? When will they (politicians) agree and join together in openly killing the poor.....OK lets use a more humane word......culling. Politicians and lawyers love to use fancy words so instead of murder lets call it culling the herd.

Did you know in 2000 there is a U.S. pamphlet printed in the U.S. that talks about only 500 million people should be allowed to live on the planet but there only problem was they could not agree on how the billions of others should die.

Can anyone remember this or the name of the book? This book is in the library of Congress.

edit on 29-9-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My father ( USMC,ret,) told me that when he was in Vietnam and raided a village they had a sure fire way to find all the drugs.

They looked for a hut that was filled with old men.

There they would find a huge cashe of opium.

Every time.

Maybe that actually is a kinder solution.

When I go into old age and infirmity, I would welcome the opportunity to spend my last days with an opium pipe, the respect of my village, and no pain as I whisk away blissfully to eternity on wings of song.
edit on 29-9-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

So you choose the way you die. There's a twilight zone of that exact scenario.

It turned out that system was OBSOLETE

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This really doesn't surprise me. There will always be the eugenics way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
46% live in poverty in Mexico. How dumb is it to tell nearly half the population that they need to die out? Our politicans are so much more subtle, I mean better... kinder? hrmm.

Not just that but she wants to kill off the "non aggressive" ones??? As if leaving behind aggressive homeless people is going to make things better??? I'd personally much rather have someone asking me for money than mugging me for it. She's not only a ruthless human being but a stupid one too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join