It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For my people from an alternate universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I once witnessed a car vanish right before my eyes. I figured after much thought on the subject that it had slipped into an alternate reality from the one i was currently in.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Milah

I recall Romper Room...and H.R. Puffenstuff, The Bugaloos, Fraggle Rock.

I recall the Magic Mirror "I can see, Justin and Amy, Laren and Robbie...and I can see YOU too!"

I also recall Bob Barker having died. (Sorry, Mr. Barker)

Please tell me Santa's Workshop still existed in the minds of others! I loved watching that afternoon show when I was young.

But, just to make it clear...John Wayne, sadly, is deceased. Everything changed the day after he died.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bob barker is dead

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

The entire reason he built the field was because of hearing that "if you build it, they will come" in his mind. Without that, there is no movie!,

I demand a reality reset, dammit. You DO NOT mess with my Berenstein Bears!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: galaga

Twilight zone opening different too. Dont Mind bend yourself over it, just be here now and move forward. I sometimes wonder if complete enlightenment is when all of the selves in any direction come together at a single point.

I do recall the Twilight Zone had at least 3 different openings. But are you telling me there is only one?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I once witnessed a car vanish right before my eyes. I figured after much thought on the subject that it had slipped into an alternate reality from the one i was currently in.

NAw..that was just another person discovering the use of the flux capacitor....or someone being body slid to another location. OR or.. it was WALTERNATE!! I do believe in parralell universes sitting side by side. apparently th evehicle an dpassenger vibrated at its frequency and appeared to dissapear to you but appeared in th ealternate universe.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: galaga

Twilight zone opening different too. Dont Mind bend yourself over it, just be here now and move forward. I sometimes wonder if complete enlightenment is when all of the selves in any direction come together at a single point.

Twilight zone went through about 8 different intros/ opening narrations across the 5 seasons... So maybe the one you remember is there somewhere.

Also I thought it was "build it and they will come" in field of dreams?

Hmmm

edit on 28/9/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It was the moment of "one step for man...one giant leap for mankind". We saw that moment and it wasn't in July.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Having been only a witness, makes me not an expert, all possibilities are open. I did a thread here many years ago about this, or it may have been a partner site to ATS from long ago. Anyway, it was very exciting at the time.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I know you are right and even though I tried the various ones out there, the one I recall is no longer available. I loved the show and the creator.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'd often buy these at the school cafeteria to snack on after lunch or take home to eat while doing homework...

Guess Occam's razor was filling in the missing 'F' for me, although i remember it being there physically; now its gone with the corporate counsel excuse that they're not really double-stuffed. (duhhh)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This just goes to show how our memories are not often as iron clad as we'd like to think they are.

Many people assume the quote from Casablanca goes, "Play it again Sam!"

It's actually, "Play it Sam, play one more time". So many people have it confused. Just because our memories aren't what we think they should be doesn't mean timelines have shifted or we come form another dimension.

If the timelines were changed, we wouldn't know it -- as we ourselves would be changed to reflect the new timeline. I suppose the "glitch" excuse will be used...

But generally, the easiest explanation is the correct one -- and I think we just put more confidence in our memories than we really should! This is why witness statements can often times be so wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Only if you're assuming you know or understanding how time and consciousness works.obviously this isn't a science debate because we cannot prove or disprove. So it's only reasonable to be open to both sides. Again I stress that we don't know how time behaves outside what we perceive it to be. If you're into philosophy, appearnaces don't describe what reality really is.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
This just goes to show how our memories are not often as iron clad as we'd like to think they are.

It's actually, "Play it Sam, play one more time". So many people have it confused. Just because our memories aren't what we think they should be doesn't mean timelines have shifted or we come form another dimension.

It's actually

Ilsa: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.
Sam: I don't know what you mean, Miss Ilsa.
Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."

So yeah....

edit on 28/9/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Some changes are easy to dismiss as 'misheard' now since the actual movie dialog changes for continuity sake.

Case in point:

edit on 28-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

It was the moment of "one step for man...one giant leap for mankind". We saw that moment and it wasn't in July.

I saw it live and it was in July '69. Looks as though I am in the reality that most of the country exists within.

I also never attended summer school and I wasn't in school at the time so July sounds right to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

SEE! Even I had it wrong! LOL

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If the timelines were changed, we wouldn't know it -- as we ourselves would be changed to reflect the new timeline. I suppose the "glitch" excuse will be used...

But generally, the easiest explanation is the correct one -- and I think we just put more confidence in our memories than we really should! This is why witness statements can often times be so wrong.

Yes you are absolutely right. Apparently you forgot to read the OP or you are just not paying attention. I wrote that this thread was to collect info and not argue who's right or wrong.

I mean 3 pages in? Really? Either....

1. You didn't read the OP

2. You didn't understand what you were reading

3. You can't remember what you just read

4.You just don't care

Which one was it?
edit on 28-9-2015 by galaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2015 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

SEE! Even I had it wrong! LOL

Exactly mate but nooooo..... the universe has shifted, we're in an alternate reality or parallel dimension, it has nothing to do with mishearing, faulty memory or the like.... honestly.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How did you determine most of the country is sharing your reality of the lunar landing in July '69? I know everyone in my area, of my age that went to my school and then my spouses school, witnessed the event NOT in July '69.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join