It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

For my people from an alternate universe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:14 PM
I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the topics of alternate realities or alternate universes or memories of events, things or places that no longer exist. There are multiple threads here on ATS that discuss these topics. I can not pin point the exact year I realized some thing had changed. My event that no longer exists is back around 1976-78? This is in my "universe" the Russians landed on the moon. I remember seeing pictures of them standing on the moon in our local paper. I was about 6 or 7 years old. I remember talking to my dad about it. I remember my dad being proud of the fact that we (USA) got there first.

About 20 years later with the Internet and all. I find out that the Russians never landed men on the moon.

I was totally shocked. Like WTF???

Since then, there have been other things that I noticed that are not the same or not quite the same. Some I go back and forth on whether I'm remembering things correctly and I'm just not sure. Just recently, 2 new events have caught my attention. "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" "Mirror mirror" is now "Magic mirror" and Mr Rogers Neighborhoods theme song is different. To me, it was "It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood....."

Now it's " It's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood......."

I asked my wife, my brother, my sister and my mom how they remembered those 2 things.

They all remembered them like I did. Our ages span from 26, my wife, and 71, my mom.

I know I share some memories with others, some I don't.

I didn't make this thread to argue if I'm right or wrong. We can do that in another thread. This thread is for gathering information. A collective "alternate universe" memory base. And with this, maybe we can pin point a common year, event, something!!

Here are some of the things I remember but do not exist anymore.

The Russians landing on the moon.

Mirror mirror on the wall...

...a beautiful day in THE neighborhood..

A peanut butter called "Jiffy"

Ernest Borgnigne (sp?) dying about 10 years ago

Nancy Regan died about 6 or 7 years ago

I remember the country of China was HUGE!!!!!!! Now its about the size of the United States.

Im sure I can think of more.

Please contribute your memories to this thread that are no longer "true".

Again this thread is not for an argument whether Some of us are right or wrong.

Because in my heart, in the deepest pit of my soul and my being, I know damn well that Those Bears were Berensteins.

edit on 27-9-2015 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:39 PM
Atleast for me the Russians never made it to the moon. Nancy Regan hasn't died yet and Don't remember when Ernest died but I think it was more recent than 10 years because he was doing voice work for SpongeBob. I remember the Berenstein Bears, the first time I heard it was different was early 2000's late 90's.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:49 PM
So you throw in a big fat lie about Russians landing on the moon with the other "misconceptions of peoples memory"?
Shame on you, really shame on you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:58 PM
a reply to: galaga

I remember Bob Barker passing away, but apparently he is 91 now

As for jiffy peanut butter... I thought they just changed the name. But when I googled it, there was nothing. And I remember it as Bernstein too. And as Mirror, mirror.
edit on 27-9-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:02 PM

^The 'Great Pumpkin' in THIS 'reality' never appeared, either.

Anyways, it was a race and America barely made it there first in the original reality I experienced. Indeed, in this reality the anomolies are piling up and they are progressing from a single letter change to a single word change to double negatives to alternate endings, to the events that happened never even happened.

I'd say the latter is obviously cause for concern as well as possible insight as to what is happening.

I've reminded myself of the Serenity Prayer and that this so called reality is NOT the real world, it is just the material world, changeable, corruptable, impermanent.

Berenstein Bears
Beautiful day in the neighborhood
Sex in the City
Luke I am your father
Mirror mirror on the wall
If you build it they will come

Some of these will be easily dismissable as misheard lyrics or as in the case of the following celebs, always spelled correctly and my memory just rusty... but i just know! its interesting to note that it seems some of us disagree on some, but agree on others.

Charles Shultz (no C, but yes T!) .. and to really rub it in apparently even..

edit on 27-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:07 PM
a reply to: Milah

Yes. The Charles Shultz thing is bugging me out. I clearly remember the "t" how it was crossed long ways.

Also "if you build it THEY will come". That's the way I remember it.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:14 PM

My spouse and I discussed your thread. Our memories are exactly as yours with exception to Jiffy. JIFFY was and still is popcorn. I believe you have confused Skippy and Jiff pb togrther.

My spouse and I both recall sitting in our separate lunch cafeterias in elementery school with a black and white TV ready for the FIRST lunar landing and moonwalk. The first walk on the moon was July 20, 1969.
We weren't in school in July. We were off for summer fron June 13th to the day after Labor Day in Sept.

We both recall this school event vividly because the entire school watched in nail-biting anticipation. My spouse went to a different school in our town.

OP, You may be on to something. Are realities subjective to ourplacement in a "matrix"?

Anyone else?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:22 PM

With Shultz I remember cuz his name was often listed with Jeff Shultz and their surnames matches... indeed to the 'T'

Oh and for people they remember the pies/cakes as 'Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee', arguing the old ads 'always' started off with 'Everybody Doesn't Like Something' but in my reality/timeline, they skipped both double negatives and went with 'Nobody Does It Like Sara Lee'; in this reality, they argue that that would have too much sexual innuendo.

Anyways, back to your main glitch, I remember the Russians landed on the moon couple to few years later but I didnt pay attention to the actual year back then as it was a rate race with USSR, Nasa's competition. I do believe some stuff that happened around beween 70-86 is erased altogether for now, meanwhile stuff that happened from 86-present just has little changes like spellings - so far.

Whats astounding is that matter (ie, publications) changed.. which confirms it's not 'real'. There almost seems to be a diabolical/mischievous or pestering element to the changes, so perhaps its important to not let them erode us any, as evil feeds off doom despair and negativety.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:31 PM
I remember Jif having only one F and always being just those 3 closely place tall letters.

I remember Froot Loops was Fruit Loops, no doubt about it despite it not having fruit. This reality seems way more litigious than even the pre-9/11 one!

The other cereals' spellings seem fine though (Rice Krispies, Cap'N Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, etc) so far

I'm certain we will find more and more anomalies but concerned they are shifting from spellings to events =/

For instance, many people around my age don't even remember ROMPER ROOM! I'm confident most on ATS do?

edit on 28-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:33 PM
Maybe someone should watch the entire movie of Field of Dreams and see if as the movie progresses they do say if you build it they will come. Maybe just in the beginning it's he.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:45 PM
I'll opt out. I remember it a rather boring movie with the folks coming out of the corn only near the end. Now I hear they appear earlier on too. Maybe there's an alternateve ending/directors cut version issue or something.

Oh and the i in Jif had a dot, think it still does. Sure hope so!

If there were nowhere to read/write about this like ATS, i'd probably NOT have realized some of these changes on my own, or brushed them off as just a sign of the times or companies in denial (ie, Berenstein)

BTW I'm a Star Trek fan and remember in the old episode Kirk saying beam me up Scottie quite often. Does he really not say that ever in this reality's archives???

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:05 AM
a reply to: tinker9917

As for jiffy peanut butter... I thought they just changed the name. But when I googled it, there was nothing

I think that is a confusion with "Jiffy Mix", which our mothers used to make our cakes and cookies. Remember as a kid being a Skippy over Jif liker.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:11 AM
I looked and found Jif peanut butter. I used to put e's on words when I was a kid that didn't exist so Jiffy could be something I won't know if it was something I created or not. As far as mirror, mirror on the wall, I'm not sure what other phrase you are referring to.
I never remember the Russians landing on the moon. I was only 3 though when the Americans landed.
I remember some old geography maps that made China look very large. It all depended upon perspective. On a globe of the Earth, China has always looked the same. I believe Greenland looks even bigger than China on some old maps. Of course that was simply the way they drew it and not realistic based on actual size. Areas near the north and/or south pole get stretched out on some maps.

There was a Disney movie rerun that came on tv the other week. I thought I had seen all those old reruns. This one I hadn't. I was a bit surprised. Instead of thinking it is due to an alternate reality, I chalked up not remembering it to the fact that I must have never known it came out and just missed it. Now if I suddenly remember a different movie that came out instead of what I recently saw. I'll post back about it.

I have noticed some really weird sudden dramatic changes in people though that I never could figure out. The last time I remember some changes that seemed to suddenly take place, there was a huge electrical storm in my area. I remember when I was a kid, there were so many storms in my county that I thought it was amusing that a meteorologist in Raleigh said no storms in the entire state except where I lived at as usual. I used to like the daily thunderstorms. I also thought it was kind of neat to watch a tornado form in the distance or watch a dust devil form around me. I've only seen 2 tornadoes form. I've only seen one dust devil form around me. The air was calm in the center where I was at. I'm just posting some weird weather I noticed in case anything is related. I never noticed or thought about alternate realities in college though that I can remember. I had wondered a few times if someone was trying to play tricks on me blowing stuff over as I walked past but no one can make a dust devil form.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:27 AM

I believe China looks so big in the 80s and 90s because Mongolia didnt become a sovereign country until like 1999.

And heres a link archive (if it works) to the NSA (national security administration) government website that has a Teacher's guide PDF which spells Berenstein 7 times consistently

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:31 AM
I would like to add that I remember the Segway being introduced around 1996-97 and not 2001.

I remember because I was all jazzed up about what this secret device was. I remember where I worked when I would hear about it on the Art Bell C2C show at work. And I know I worked at a lab in 1996-97 at that time and not in 2001.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM

Hey Milah: Good to read your post. However, I'll not click on your NSA link, though I must say I found your dissemination of it, and the Berenstein bear thing, riveting.

I'll leave it at that.

OP, there are many threads on this site about what you're speaking of. I think it's safe to say most of us realize, experience and know there are these "slips" in time or a matrix of time, which is to say, an "illusion of time," really, for a matrix is representative of such, but not the real thing….

so then it begs the question, where are we really?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:36 AM

The police didn't start using Segways till the early 2000's for sure. I clearly remember when they first got them it was a hilarious unforgettable sight.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:43 AM
Lyrics in a song can replace memories of what was original. Mirror Mirror on the wall was a 1960's song sung by the Pinkertons....

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:46 AM
I wasn't worried to click on an NSA link since it was public info on Google but deleted and only left on independent webcrawl archives to see.. otherwise would have likely been deleted or changed. in the bigger picture i'm certain everything happening in the universe - everything we do like even private stuff in the bathroom or wherever, is seen/logged somewhere permamently but ironically our 'reality' is easily edittable

OP is probably sleeping but i hope s/he shares opinion on where are we now.. really! so i apologize for hogging up their thread meanwhile they are dreaming away

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:50 AM

This just blew my mind... Why did it become a cultural phenomenon if it wasn't true?

Also the "Luke, I am your father". I specifically remember several other satirical jokes made of that line.

I also remember Jiffy peanut butter, I always felt there were two f's. I just assumed I was mistaken, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I also just stumbled upon another one... "Hello, Clarice" from Silence of the Lambs is now "Good evening, Clarice". I remember jokes being made about how he said "Hello, Clarice". This is so incredibly bizarre...
edit on 28-9-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>