It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Weeks Prophecy In The Book Of Daniel: Leading To Christ Or Anti-Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
By establishing 455 B.C.E. as the year from which the 70 weeks would begin to count, the repair work on the walls was completed on the 25th day of Elul (August-September), in just 52 days. (Nehemiah 6:15) After the rebuilding of the walls, the repairing of the rest of Jerusalem went forward. As to the first seven “weeks” (49 years), Nehemiah, with the help of Ezra and, afterward, others who may have succeeded them, worked, “in the straits of the times,” with difficulty from within, among the Jews themselves, and from without, on the part of the Samaritans and others. (Daniel 9:25) The book of Malachi, written after 443 B.C.E., decries the bad state into which the Jewish priesthood had become and fallen. Nehemiah’s return to Jerusalem following a visit to Artaxerxes (compare Nehemiah 5:14; 13:6, 7) had taken place after this. Just how long after 455 B.C.E. Jeremiah himself personally continued his efforts in building Jerusalem, the Bible does not reveal. However, the work was evidently completed within 49 years (seven weeks of years) to the extent necessary, and Jerusalem and its temple remained for the Messiah’s coming. One symbolic day = 7 literal years, so 7 symbolic days or one symbolic week = 49 literal years (7x7).

edit on 27-9-2015 by Transparent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Transparent
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Are you sure about what you have said?

Pretty sure. I have four years of research revolving around that.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Transparent

Yes, I got what I am speaking of. Did you know that world governments in the Bible are referred to as beasts?

There are Beastly kingdoms, but every kingdom has a king, and the Beast that rises from the Abyss will be a king over the 10 horns. So there is an element of individuality involved.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yesirr, I'm a Daniel person and I like reading on Prophecy,
So flagg......

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As to the following “sixty-two weeks” (Daniel 9:25), these, being part of the 70 and named second in order, would continue from the conclusion of the “seven weeks.” Therefore, the time “from the going forth of the word” to rebuild Jerusalem until “Messiah the Leader” would be 7 plus 62 “weeks,” or 69 “weeks” (483 years) from the year 455 B.C.E. to 29 C.E. As mentioned above, in the autumn of that year, 29 C.E., Jesus was baptized in water, was anointed with holy spirit, and began his ministry as “Messiah the Leader.” Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22

Centuries in advance Daniel’s prophecy pinpointed the exact year of the Messiah’s arrival. There is no confirmation that the Jews in the first century C.E. had made calculations on the basis of Daniel’s prophecy for Messiah’s appearance. But the Bible reports that they must have been expecting Messianic prophecy to be fulfilled around that time: “The people were waiting expectantly and were all wondering in their hearts if John might possibly be the Messiah.’” (Luke 3:15) Although they were expecting the Messiah, they evidently could not pinpoint the exact month, week, or day of his arrival. Therefore, they wondered whether John was the Christ, even though John evidently began his ministry in the spring of 29 C.E., about six months before Jesus presented himself for baptism.

Before we review the last symbolic week do we have proof other than the historical account from the Bible? Yes! Secular history, along with the Bible, gives evidence that Jesus came to John and was baptized, thereby becoming the Anointed One, Messiah the Leader, in the early autumn of the year 29 C.E. Calculating forward from this vantage point in history from the 20th year of Artaxerxes, we can determine that the 69 weeks of years began in 455 B.C.E.

There is also another secular account in history that establishes the timeline as accurate and that Jesus became the Christ in 29 C.E.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Thanks! We are living in a special time in prophetic times of the Bible. I hope you like the information.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Transparent

2)Fast forward 7+61 Week: Jesus is crucified in the year 30 AD at the age of 33.

You do know that you calculated a 0 year right? There is no 0 year so Jesus became Messiah in 29 C.E. not 30 C.E.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It depends on which calendar you use. It can be anywhere from 28 AD to 33 AD. I generally count years from the fall of Adam for accuracy. Jesus deied 4,136 years after the fall.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The OP is accurate.

The 70 weeks of years in Daniel are 69 weeks and then a final week.

The weeks are weeks of years, that is not 7 days a week, but seven years a week. 69 weeks of years = 483 years.

And if you count them from 455 B. C. E. (the time the call went forth to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem) forward, not counting a year 0 (that does not exist), you come to the year 29 C. E. And in that year, at 30 years of age, Jesus Christ was baptized.

Now the final week of years, or seven years also had significance. According to the prophecy Messiah was to be cut off at the half of the week, a half of a week is 3 1/2 days, or in this prophetic case, 3 1/2 years. And true to the prophecy Jesus publicly witnessed about the good news after his baptism for 3 1/2 years, and then was put to death on Nisan 14, 33 C. E.

The next 3 1/2 years, the last half of the last week, the good news was only given to the Jews. It wasn't until 36 C. E., at the end of the 70 weeks of years that Jehovah God sent Peter to an uncircumcised gentile, named Cornelius, to have him baptized with holy spirit.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Further basis for the dates given is based on the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar. Jesus evidently was born in the month of Ethanim (September-October) of the year 2 B.C.E. and was baptized about the same time of the year in 29 C.E. The basis for these dates is as follows:

Jesus was born approximately six months after the birth of his relative John (the Baptizer), during the rule of Roman Emperor Caesar Augustus (31 B.C.E.–14 C.E.) and the Syrian governorship of Quirinius, and toward the close of the reign of Herod the Great over Judea. Matthew 2:1, 13, 20-22; Luke 1:24-31, 36; 2:1, 2, 7.

While the year of Herod’s death is a debated one, there is considerable evidence pointing to 1 B.C.E. A number of events intervened between the time of Jesus’ birth and Herod’s death. These included:

1. Jesus’ circumcision on the eighth day. Luke 2:2
2. Jesus being brought to the temple in Jerusalem 40 days after birth. Luke 2:22, 23; Leviticus 12:1-4, 8
3. The journey of the astrologers/magi “from eastern parts” to Bethlehem where Jesus was no longer in a manger but in a house. Matthew 2:1-11; compare Luke 2:7, 15, 16
4. Joseph and Mary’s flight to Egypt with the young child. Matthew 2:13-15
5. Herod’s realization that the magi had not followed his instructions.
6. The slaughter of all boys in Bethlehem and its districts under the age of two years indicating that Jesus was not then a newborn infant but a toddler. Matthew 2:16-18

Jesus’ birth taking place in the fall of 2 B.C.E. would allow for the time required by these events intervening between his birth and the death of Herod, likely in 1 B.C.E. There is, however, added reason for placing Jesus’ birth in 2 B.C.E. By Herod sending out the magi to seek Jesus' location, the time that lapsed and with the slaughter of all male babies in that region from 2 years old and under would indicate that Herod had knowledge of the 70 week prophecy of Daniel.

Regarding the year Messiah was to appear, Luke 3:1-3 shows that John the Baptizer began his preaching and baptizing in “the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar.” That 15th year ran from the latter half of 28 C.E. to August or September of 29 C.E. when Jesus went to John and was baptized. When Jesus thereafter commenced his own ministry he was “about thirty years old.” (Luke 3:21-23) Tiberius became Emperor of Rome in 14 C.E. Counting forward from Tiberius' start in 14 to 29 C.E. we come at 29 C.E. , the fifteenth year of Tiberius' reign.

Within the 69 weeks (7 + 62) we can also determine the exact year when Jesus was born (2 B.C.E.) and the month, the month of Ethanim (September-October).
edit on 28-9-2015 by Transparent because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jesus was born on 25 Chislev 3 BC. He was the incarnation of the Temple, so His birth coincided with the dedication feast. On the Gregorian calendar, that would be December 10th.

Haggai 2:18‘Do consider from this day onward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month;from the day when the temple of the LORD was founded, consider

edit on 28-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added quote

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Bible provides evidence from the Jewish the secular calendar that Jesus could not have been born in the month of Chislev (November-December). The most obvious evidence of the incorrectness of the month of December is the Scriptural fact that:
1. Shepherds were in the fields tending their flocks on the night of Jesus’ birth. (Luke 2:8, 12) Already by the autumn month of Bul (October-November) the rainy season was starting (Deuteronomy 11:14), and flocks were brought into protected shelters at night. The next month, Chislev (the ninth month of the Jewish calendar, November-December), was a month of cold and rain (Jeremiah 36:22; Ezra 10:9, 13), and Tebeth (December-January) saw the lowest temperatures of the year, with occasional snows in the highlands area. The presence of shepherds in the fields at night therefore harmonizes with the evidence pointing to the early autumn month of Ethanim as the time of Jesus’ birth.

2. Chislev (November-December) is a winter month, a month of cold and rain. The Bible tells us that King Jehoiakim was “sitting in the winter house, in the ninth month, with a brazier burning before him.” (Jeremiah 36:22) In postexilic Jerusalem, the people who gathered for the assembly ordered by priest Ezra beginning on the 20th day of this month “were sitting in the square before the house of God, greatly distressed by the occasion and because of the rain...But there are many people here and it is the rainy season; so we cannot stand outside.” Ezra 10:9, 13.

3. The Festival of Dedication today known as Hanukkah, held in the wintertime at Jerusalem, is mentioned at John 10:22. As shown in the Apocryphal book of 1 Maccabees (4:52-59), this eight day festival was instituted by Judas Maccabaeus on the 25th day of Chislev in the year 165 B.C.E. to commemorate the rededication of the temple in Jerusalem. This same Jewish secular calendar is the calendar that was used for the basis of the 70 weeks prophecy.

4. Also weighing against a December date is that it would not be logical and most unlikely for the Roman emperor to choose such a wintry, rainy month as the time for his Jewish subjects often rebellious to travel each one to his own city to be registered for the Roman census. (Luke 2:1-3; Matthew 24:20) With all the evidence presented, there is no basis for Jesus being born in the cold and rainy month of Chislev.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Thank you for providing the evidence for the last of the prophetic 70 weeks (7 literal years).

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

What if it was a mild winter? You never know. What I do know is what the Bible says:

1) Jesus was the Temple incarnate.

2) 25 Chislev was the rededication of the temple, and it was the day that Haggai recieved his vision.

3) Jewish males had to be circumcised on the 8th day, and the dedication feast continued for 8 days. The 8th day of Chanukah in 3 BC would have been the Dedication of Christ as the living Temple.

Your points are based on subjective hypothetical circumstances that are simply unknown to us.

Jesus fulfilled Passover with His death. Its only logical that His birth would fulfill Dedications.

edit on 28-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo and expanded point

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You points are based on subjective hypothetical circumstances that are simply unknown to us.

There is a possibility that what has been presented is unknown to you and some, but to discredit multiple evidence? Then you say hypothetical as if this was pulled from out of the air? Not hardly. Don't you think you are reaching rather far by saying: ''What if it was a mild winter?''

I have provided from the Bible 4 separate pieces of evidence that Jesus' birth was not of Chislev (November-December). The Bible clearly speaks of this month being unfit for people and animals being outdoors, but the opposite, being indoors. What I find interesting is that you attempted to discredit 1. but failed to comment on 2., 3. and 4. which also proves that Chislev is in fact a cold, wintry and wet month. If you don't believe me, when Chislev (November-December) arrives this year, check out the weather broadcast for that month in Bethlehem Israel and you will see.

There have been evidence not a hypothesis pinpointing with the Jewish secular calendar the start of the 70 weeks, the year and month Jesus was born, the year he was baptized as the Messiah with secular historic dates of Artaxerxes' rule as well as the rule of Tiberius. By using each historical time frame of both rulers from different nations and eras, we reach the same year of 29 C.E. which was the end of the 7 + 62 = 69 weeks.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Transparent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As Jack Reyes presented, the final 1 week of years, or seven years also had significance. According to the prophecy Messiah was to be cut off at the half of the week, a half of a week is 3 1/2 days, or in this prophetic case, 3 1/2 years. And true to the prophecy Jesus publicly witnessed about the good news after his baptism for 3 1/2 years, and then was put to death on Nisan 14, 33 C. E.

The next 3 1/2 years, the last half of the last week, the good news was only given to the Jews. It wasn't until 36 C. E., at the end of the 70 weeks of years that Jehovah God sent Peter to an uncircumcised gentile, named Cornelius, to have him baptized with holy spirit.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Im sorry, I can't explain my points in full. I have access to knowledge that should be common knowledge, but simply isn't.

What I can do for you is point out your errors:

1) Your probably assuming that the Bible uses a lunisolar calendar, when in reality the true Biblical calendar is solar only, starting and ending with the vernal equinox.

2) You probably can't ready Hebrew or Greek, so you don't realize that the syllables of the Prophecies (Daniel 9 especially) are metered. This would show you how to interpret the Prophecies.

3) Because you don't understand the Hebrew/Greek meter, you probably don't realize that the Church serves as an extension of the 7+62nd Week to bridge the gap between the Cross and 70th Week.

It took years of prayer and study to learn what I know. I doubt there is way for me to communicate it to you in one single thread.

I wish I could show you.
edit on 28-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

Im not trying to condescend, I just feel like I have failed.
edit on 28-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If the 70th Week has passed, then are we in the Millennium today?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

1. The Israelites used a lunisolar, or bound solar, calendar, not the solar calendar. This is evident from the fact that God established the beginning of their sacred year with the month Abib in the spring and specified the celebration of certain festivals on fixed dates, festivals that were related to harvest seasons. For these dates to have coincided with the particular harvests, there had to be a calendar arrangement that would synchronize with the seasons by compensating for the difference between the lunar and solar years. See: Exodus 12:1-14; 23:15, 16; Leviticus 23:4-16.

The Bible does not say whether this was the system the Hebrews originally employed to reconcile their lunar year with the solar year. The fact that the recorded names of their lunar months are seasonal names shows they did make some such reconciliation. Twice each year the sun’s center crosses the equator, and at those times day and night are everywhere of equal length (approximately 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness), thus the vernal or spring equinox and the autumnal or fall equinox. They occur about March 21 and September 23 of each of our present calendar years. These equinoctial occurrences could logically provide the means for noting when the lunar months were running too far ahead of the related seasons and thus serve as a guide for making the needed adjustment by the addition of an intercalary month.

2. No I cannot read Hebrew or Greek, but I do in depth study and understand and interpret them as to determining what the words mean. I also know that different words have similar meanings and the same word can imply something different when in reference to something or someone.

3. The Christian congregation/assembly is not an extension of the 7+62nd Week to bridge the gap between the Cross and 70th Week. The last week of Daniel's prophecy is no different in calculating it than the first 7 and the 62. Each symbolic week is the equivalent to 7 literal years as each symbolic day in that week represents 1 literal year.

I noticed that you said that you count the time starting with the fall of Adam. Why is it that you don't count from the start of Adam or when he was created? If you did so time of human existence starts from autumn to autumn or from Tishri/ Ethanim (September-October), the first month of the Jewish secular calendar which is still the same since ancient times and creation.

From ancient times the years run from autumn to autumn, the first month starting around the middle of our present month of September. This coincides with the ancient Jewish teaching that the creation of man took place in the autumn. Since the Bible provides a record of Adam’s age in terms of years (Genesis 5:3-5), it is reasonable that the count began with the time of his creation, and if this indeed occurred in the autumn, it would explain to some extent the ancient practice of beginning the new year at that time. Additionally, however, such a year would be particularly suited to the agricultural life of the people, especially in that part of the earth where both the pre-Flood and early post-Flood peoples were concentrated. The year closed with the final harvest period and began with the plowing and sowing toward the first part of our month of October.

I don't think you are attempting to be condescending. You are merely attempting to explain what you have learned and have been taught. But, with a open mind, you have not taken in to consideration that the timeline presented from all evidence I prescribed comes to the 69 weeks (not counting the last week [7 years] to complete the 70) ending at 29 C.E. You yourself have reckoned and made calculations coming within a year of the ending of the 69 weeks, but you miscalculated by adding in a 0 year reaching the year 30 C.E. Remove the 0 year and you will come to 29 C.E. This is no coincidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

If the 70th Week has passed, then are we in the Millennium today?

No. The last symbolic week (7 years) which concludes the 70 weeks have been touched on by Jack Reyes in detail which can be broken down in a more detailed degree. It doesn't take us directly to the Millennium reign of Christ.

By providing in detail of the final week it can also show that how Messiah's role and time and what Daniel's prophecy reveals will help us to understand more clearly what happened at the start of it (the last week), the half way point and at the end of of it which would be the whole 70 weeks. (7 literal years, half of it would be 3 1/2 years and the other half 3 1/2 years)
edit on 29-9-2015 by Transparent because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join