It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained UFO over Corpus Christi, Texas...Feedback and thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So last year my cousin had recorded this weird anomaly in the sky in Corpus Christi, Tx facing eastward over the gulf of mexico. We both have looked at this video which is a good 7 minutes long, but still can not explain what it may be. The object changes shape in the sky from triangle, upside down triangle, octagon, and weird diamond shapes, not only that, at times it radiates weird light anomalies and appears translucent at times. What's even more strange is what looks like a purple line runs from the top of it to the bottom on two occasions from what I saw. I'm not shouting aliens but I believe this is a UFO, considering that Corpus Christi Naval Air Station is located near the anomaly that was recorded I even thought maybe military?? I love ATS and know how great a community this is with many open ideas and rather spot on information. So please take a look and offer any ideas or thoughts of what you may think it can be....The entire video is amazing and I still get puzzled at what it is. Thank you all for your time.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Interesting film. Thanks.
My first guess would be a Chinese lantern.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: harvey1502

The diamond shapes are due to your camera's zoom..

Without any important information like date and time I can say that you've basically filmed a planet, most likely Venus, for over 7 minutes.

edit on 24/9/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The diamond shapes are due to your camera's zoom..

Without any important information like date and time I can say that you've basically filmed a planet, most likely Venus, for over 7 minutes.

Hahahaha thats NOT a planet!

Nice footage OP

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I highly doubt it was because of the zooms, there were many other lights and stars we filmed as well which none changed from an upside down triangle then to a perfect octagon and then changes translucent, if you saw the whole video. but thanks like i said i am looking for all kinds of feedback, as i remember it was in november last year 2014, around 9pm and facing eastward towards the gulf of mexico. I appreciate it. a reply to: Chadwickus

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks, im not sure what it was but i can honestly say without a doubt that it would not be chinese lanterns or a planet. It was strange and stayed up in sky for about 35 or 40 minutes, we went inside came back out after a while and it was no where around which made us think even harder. a reply to: VoidHawk

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Its one of the best I've seen in a long while. If you or your friend get another chance to film whatever it is try to get the trees in view too and then walk about, doing so helps to get an idea of distance and size etc.
Ignore the Chinese lantern comments.

How long after sunset was this shot? I ask because objects in the sky can be lit by the sun even though the sun has set.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

What makes you so sure about that?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
camera zoom.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I too, am going with camera zoom and Venus.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Gah, as mentioned, it's Venus. Mixed with keeping the "digital zoom" option on video camera turned on plus camera trying to focus in dark conditions that creates diamond and other shapes. Another telltale sign being 7 minutes of no significant movement. Also low on the horizon. And to the East. These videos crop up this time of year when Venus is very profound and to the East. Any one of us can go and get this footage. It's that simple, I just went and did just that:

Thing is, the extra information "It's near a military base" etc is sadly irrelevant. So is my video, there's a base right underneath that. But it's still just Venus

Can I also ask please, if you love ATS etc, why you've only just signed up to the forums in the last week or so? If you felt this to be of importance, and it was filmed last year - why wait til now to both a) exist here and b) present it that late after it took place.
edit on 24-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: VoidHawk

What makes you so sure about that?

What makes me so sure? Because I believe what my eyes show me, unlike many who allow others to tell them what they are seeing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes it's Venus, when you google image Venus from Earth you see the exact same thing.

earthsky.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well first off thank you for your information, secondly to answer you. Ive been a member a while and love coming on here looking at news, and exploring various stories with my wife, as to why I didn't post immediately after it happened it never crossed my mind. My cousin on the other hand posted the video on his own youtube and on Facebook afterwards. He recently mentioned the video again and I figured....why not go on ATS show it to a wider audience who has interest in this stuff to see and maybe offer a conclusion. So rather than question as to why this? Why that? On me posting or finally involving myself in the community rather than say welcome...well shame on you

a reply to: markymint

edit on 24-9-2015 by harvey1502 because: double post

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thank you all so far for your diagnosis on the video, I believe it to be something else. But I could more than likely be wrong. But this is what I wanted just some opinions and thoughts of people and thank you all for looking at the video. If it be something else or just simply Venus I appreciate it greatly for offering me another vantage point to this

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
They are probably correct. A very bright blurry object will take on the shape of the camera's arpeture. This is do to the image distorting so much so that the arpeture reflects back onto the image. It's the same reason that in all nasa videos with "ufo's", the ufo's are circular shapes with a little chunk taken out of the side like pacman. Just watch the tether incident video for proof.
m.youtube.com...

So, whatever was filmed, it wasn't actually diamond shaped. It was just too far away and too bright for the camera to focus properly.

edit on 24-9-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thank you very much and appreciate you watching the video and leaving a thought. a reply to: SheepDipped

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Good job ATS. Nothing to see here, moving on…

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yes indeed thank you and everyone else greatly appreciated once again
a reply to: intrptr

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvey1502
Thank you all so far for your diagnosis on the video, I believe it to be something else. But I could more than likely be wrong. But this is what I wanted just some opinions and thoughts of people and thank you all for looking at the video. If it be something else or just simply Venus I appreciate it greatly for offering me another vantage point to this

It's refreshing to see someone legitimately curious about something and not afraid to admit that they may be wrong. That's a rarity on here these days, especially in this forum. Cheers, friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join