It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Announce Mars Mystery Solved on sept 28th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted yet and with keywords like "september 28th" you can imagine how hard it could be finding out if it's already posted somewhere

Seems NASA is going to announce something about Mars mystery

(Nature Geoscience has Embargoed Details until 11 a.m. EDT Sept. 28)

NASA will detail a major science finding from the agency’s ongoing exploration of Mars during a news briefing at 11:30 a.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 28 at the James Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters in Washington. The event will be broadcast live on NASA Television and the agency's website.

News conference participants will be:

· Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters

· Michael Meyer, lead scientist for the Mars Exploration Program at NASA Headquarters

· Lujendra Ojha of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta

· Mary Beth Wilhelm of NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California and the Georgia Institute of Technology

· Alfred McEwen, principal investigator for the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) at the University of Arizona in Tucson

So, life was found? The reason for the demise of the planet are confirmed? or something less mundane and into the realm of pseudo-science?
Anyone heard rumors about this?
edit on 24 9 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

They will most likely announce a discovery that ATS talked about a few years ago. Nasa announcements imo tend to be mundane and anything but mysterious.

They need to bring back the excitement and wonder with the zeal a 10 year old has.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ye I'm sure it's nothing groundbreaking and they are trying to create some suspense to get viewers. I'd bet something on water reserve on Mars, but could you imagine if they got out with something like "Hey do you remember we said there's no asteroid coming to earth today? WE LIED AHAHAHHA"

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't see an astrobiologist on that list, so I wouldn't put money on this being related to Martian life.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They probably found rocks below the crust.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
it might be the next step towards disclosure, disclosure about human life on other planets, that would be a huge surprise

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lujendra Ojha is on that list , and is credited with a discovery he made about salt water flow evidence. As part of the HIRISE team headed by Alfred McEwen, this could be a discovery that may re-task the mission to look at something that has become extremely interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It looks like Lujendra Ojha has been studying those dark lines that look like liquid flows, so it could be related to that.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They found more evidence to support the evidence that they have evidence of water!

That's usually what these things amount to. Every time I've asked about why we haven't found any life on Mars, I've been told that we haven't sent any probes to Mars with the right equipment to definitively detect life.

So, until we send probes to Mars with the sole mission of finding actual microbes and life -- we won't be discovering or announcing life found on Mars.

We're still arguing over whether there is water or not at this point, which seems pretty redundant. I would imagine any water that does make it to the surface would boil away pretty quickly from the low pressure.

I was always under the impression that the Viking landers had established microbial life back in the mid 70's, but it was dismissed/discredited/ignored.

I'm pretty jaded about Mars rover missions if you can't tell. In 10 years time we put out first man into space, and then sent a man to the Moon...40 years ago. And today, what are we doing? Sending glorified RC cars to Mars with the wrong tools to detect life.
edit on 24-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
NASA: "We are very excited to announce that erosion analysis confirms the planet once had abundant supplies of water. Also, we have found a hamster x-guinea pig as well as silver-back Gorilla - ATS was right, we just have no idea how they got here, but we think it has something to do with CERN's activation next week and time travel"....."Any questions?"

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

now thats gold bro.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ye I'm sure it's nothing groundbreaking and they are trying to create some suspense to get viewers. I'd bet something on water reserve on Mars, but could you imagine if they got out with something like "Hey do you remember we said there's no asteroid coming to earth today? WE LIED AHAHAHHA"

To be honest I would rather see an announcement like that than what we are getting now days. We have a billion dollar rover on Mars and every time it sees something interesting NASA does anything but take a closer look.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

something less mundane

Gets my vote every time. So far batting 1.000 with this option and NASA

link   
Maybe they have come to some conclusion about the Methane they acknowledged in late 2014, something they were cagey about previously. And then there is the idea about liquid water, they may have known about that a long time, who knows? It's going to involve the principals who will be at the press meeting, whatever.

link   

originally posted by: Cynic
They probably found rocks below the crust.

No, Marvin, no.

It's worse.

NASA is about to announce that their agent, B. Bunny, has found and stolen your Eludium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh wow i hope its something really major, im gonna enjoy the blood moon, kinda resembles Mars when you think about it, wasnt there a Mars project on hawaii, seems to be alot about Mars lately. According to Mythology isnt he the totem for War, glad my totem is a Weasel.....on a mountain, for the last seven years..... Maybe there are som other totems which are more interesting on the mountain, think i saw four or five. My totem is about solitude and peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
An announcement about how they accidentally left some people up there after the filming of The Martian??

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It wont be exciting or even decipherable to the layman.

NASA's actual mission, despite claims otherwise, is to reduce public interest in space by performing scientific thumb-twiddling like taking spiders up to the ISS and the like.

It is the blindfold, the puppet show which hides the fact that certain elements of MIC have been much more capable and active throughout the solar system and beyond than we are permitted to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

It wont be exciting or even decipherable to the layman.

NASA's actual mission, despite claims otherwise, is to reduce public interest in space by performing scientific thumb-twiddling like taking spiders up to the ISS and the like.

It is the blindfold, the puppet show which hides the fact that certain elements of MIC have been much more capable and active throughout the solar system and beyond than we are permitted to know.

Hmm... thumb twiddling like the Mars rovers and puppet shows like the Pluto and Ceres missions...
Do you really believe what you say, or just frustrated that you don't work there?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Just like every other 'announcement', it will be disappointing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join