It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Announce Mars Mystery Solved on sept 28th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Mastronaut

Just like every other 'announcement', it will be disappointing.

Perhaps, to the people who need earth-shattering sci-fi-mirroring news to gain any interest in anything at all. To people like JadeStar, and to the layman like myself, every announcement has been exciting & interesting. Science in general is like an onion, with each discovery made being akin to peeling back a layer & getting closer to the core. Unfortunately, all some people get out of NASA scientific announcements is crying because of their lofty ET expectations going poof.
edit on 9/25/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

My bet is Olympus Mons and the other massive volcanoes destabalized the mantle over time and eventually caused the core to cool. The presence of a large amount of surface water may greatly impact atmospheric composition too, so once the water went, so did the atmosphere.

Just a hunch.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
We've seen how exciting NASA's announcements have been.

"Hey look civilians! We just took a B&W photo of a rock! With some other rocks around it! THIS IS GROUNDBREAKING NEWS!!! If you're a rock yourself of course".

You know what would be a noteworthy announcement?

"It's just been reported, NASA, the heralded, American Space Agency, has gone bankrupt, with 100% of its staff indicted for treason, falsifying documents, and downright BAD airbrushing. Apparently, civilian contractors were adroit in filling the vacuum of dead space NASA left behind, opening the possibility of contemporary and transparent space exploration for all mankind. In related news, the majority of US citizens, started a countrywide tax strike, in lieu of the government's misappropriation of federal spending. More indictments on the way..."

Now THAT'S a headline.
edit on 25-9-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
They not only found definitive evidence for water being present but that they received a waterproof GoPro as a present. They are in talks with other space agencies to form an exploratory committee to help determine if a feasibility study on studying the feasibility of a feasibility study for mounting a full color camera on future projects is feasible in the future.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My tin foil hat suggests that they may want to distract somebody from following the live UN general assembly (look who speaks in the morning!)

However what kind of surprises me is that NASA's headline is about "Mars mystery solved", like there's only ONE mystery.
I tried to find a few:
- the mystery rock
- the mystery lights
- the mystery space crab
- the mystery dark clouds
- the mystery plume
- the mystery island

What else did I miss so far (except the billion rocks/non rocks)?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Or they had to go and make more Martians.....lol

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

They will announce that they made a mistake somewhere down the line.... they didn't land on Mars but on some remote Island near the pole circle..

NASA NASA NASA... they do everything but investigating the real interesting places.

for nasa for the OP

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They found life on mars, its like a big grey cat. But Curiosity killed the cat.... it was the last of its speices

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Flowing water I bet.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
NASA itself says they will announce a 'major science finding' about Mars, on Monday morning; further, that a Mars mystery has been solved. That seems definite enough to justify genuine interest.
This sounds more like the culmination of an investigation, not just the sort of incremental steps so often reported before. Such steps are necessary before the announcement of a major finding can be justified.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Ross 54 because: improved clarity

edit on 25-9-2015 by Ross 54 because: added comma

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And what pray tell is the mystery? As NASA has been saying all along that there is no mystery on Mars.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Like I said, they'll just keep adding "evidence of..." to their folder of discoveries.

How many of those does it take before we can just say, "Yeah, OK ... liquid water exists on Mars. I mean, we have stacks of evidence here..."

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
And what pray tell is the mystery? As NASA has been saying all along that there is no mystery on Mars.

There are a number of mysteries about Mars, which NASA freely admits. A couple that spring to mind-- are the dark streaks seen seasonally on some crater walls and gully faces caused by water, or some dry geological process?
Does the variable presence of methane in Mars' atmosphere have a geological source, or biological?
Incidentally, I see that one of the press briefing participants, Mary Beth Wilhelm, lists one of her research interests as astrobiology.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's either a new finding on water or...

confirmation that cockatiels and guinea-squirrels are abundant on the red planet.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe the rover has a flat tire and they're sending a manned mission next week to fix it?

But just fix it and straight back... cause overtime and budgets and stuff.
edit on 25-9-2015 by gspat because: because stuff

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

NASA has created it's own evidence that they are the Godfathers of troll.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This deflated and disinterested attitude from the general public (and as show in this thread) is exactly why NASA and other space/science agencies have to ramp up their discoveries and their progress of knowledge about the world and the universe we live in as "a mystery solved".

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is the biggest hint towards it being an announcement about water...

"Our best guess: flowing water, and the potential for alien life," the publication wrote late Thursday.

That's because on of NASA's featured Monday speakers, Georgia Tech grad student Lujendra Ojha, doesn't quite match the high profile of the NASA leadership hosting the conference. But, Inverse notes, Ojha was responsible in 2011 for the discovery of "possible flows of salt water on Mars."

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Last time they had a press conference on Mars it was all jibjab about potential mission goals and they COULD find water there. It was announced the same way with high expectations, etc....

I will watch it but with very low expectation.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

It wont be exciting or even decipherable to the layman.

NASA's actual mission, despite claims otherwise, is to reduce public interest in space by performing scientific thumb-twiddling like taking spiders up to the ISS and the like.

It is the blindfold, the puppet show which hides the fact that certain elements of MIC have been much more capable and active throughout the solar system and beyond than we are permitted to know.

I thought weapons weren't allowed in space? If they truly brought spiders up there, they broke that treaty, and I'm cancelling the 2037 vacation to the Westin-Cydonia.

ETA: what is MIC, and can you elaborate on the facts of these unnamed certain elements of this "MIC?"
edit on 9/25/2015 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join