It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top scientist resigns from post - admits Global Warming is a scam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: mc_squared

Damn op was right, some serious mental gymnastics here.

And the OP was the choreographer.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
The UK Telegraph?

I followed the link that that is where it went.

I read the UK Telegraph sometimes.

It isn't exactly a sketchy site.

Not a site I'd censor from ATS.

I believe the article. I have a friend who is a meteorologist at NASA.

I asked him several years ago about global warming.
He asked my opinion and I said, no I want your opinion.

He proceeded to say that the climate does change, get warmer and cooler,
but that mankind has absolutely nothing to do with it.
He said it is a function of natural cycles that happen regularly on the earth.

Censor? Could it be to shut down discussion and the truth?
Hmmmmmmm.

And these cycles, are they magical? Do they happen because of pixie dust? Or do they happen due to concentrations of various gasses in the atmosphere like CO2 and their impact on heat retention? Yeah, that's what I thought. I love when deniers say "natural cycles" and then other than pointing at the Sun are completely incapable of explaining EXACTLY what mechanisms "naturally" raise or lower global temperature. Even the oil guys knew this was real forty years ago. AND THEY BURIED IT.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The responses from the hardcore AGW believers reminds me so much of devoutly religious people. You'll never convince them that humans aren't a scourge on the planet and that Armageddon will come at some ever changing, far off date. With each failed prediction will come another prediction based on re formulating the numbers.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What I find fascinating, in yet another "Global Warming" debate thread?

For some reason, we who don't believe that man is the main cause of this, apparently that automatically means that we DON'T care about the environment.

Well guess what? We can. We can still want to clean up our messes. We still care about the earth.

God I love the "My way or the highway" mentality some have here.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
There is an anti-intellectual movement surging across the U.S. that doesn't like science, so hopefully this guy isn't a part of that. All I can really do is observe what the scientists, including him, say and determine whether or not humans cause Climate Change.

I agree and I think it's people like you causing it. I've always loved science, but I hate what your group has turned it in to, which is basically a new age religion.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Lets review history.

We have three epochs-the Devonian, the Silurian, the Permian-each of which suffered extinctions that took place over thousands upon thousands of years. Yet no Homo sapiens.

The we have the more familiar 'Dinosaurs are cool' stage popularized by Jurassic Park, which was inaccurate, it should've have been called 'Cretaceous Park' but yet there were no homo sapiens.

Fast forward to the present day- Dinosaurs are being used as fuel. And who is using that fuel? the one species that was never present throughout ancient history-Homo Sapiens.

But then again the climate changes all the time-right?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The responses from the hardcore AGW believers reminds me so much of devoutly religious people. You'll never convince them that humans aren't a scourge on the planet and that Armageddon will come at some ever changing, far off date. With each failed prediction will come another prediction based on re formulating the numbers.

I don't want to cause thread drift by commenting, but can't help myself...

Nobody has the answer. Even Jesus didn't have that answer-We don't know everything.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So cleaning up the environment is a waste of time, right? After all we have no effect on it like you say.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Haven't you heard? Littering is a natural process.

Evidence suggests that the Apatosaurus placed their feces in the green bin.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You do not have to believe that we are a scourge to be bright enough to recognize the ability of ANY species to change their environment under the right circumstances.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So cleaning up the environment is a waste of time, right? After all we have no effect on it like you say.

Just to throw my 2 cents in here, (and yes, I understood your sarcasm), let me just say that to believe humans are having no effect on the climate is somewhat sophomoric. You don't deforest the Amazon without affecting the climate. You don't have thousands of aircraft flying across the world spewing toxins into the air without affecting the climate. You don't pump pollutants into the worlds oceans without affecting the climate, i.e., increasing the acidity of the oceans.

I posit the real problem with the man made global climate change issue is that the scientists and people raising the alarm focus on CO2 rather than focusing on other human activities. Its a problem, not because CO2 doesn't affect the climate, but rather because its really hard for the ordinary human to understand how a colorless, odorless gas can that plants breath in and convert to oxygen can generate a harmful effect.

Anyone seen any pictures of the average day in Beijing lately?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's actually incredibly easy to look up and see the effects of man made climate change in real time so you can get eyes on what this is doing to the environment. One only has to be willing to look.

The current and future consequences of global change

Northeast. Heat waves, heavy downpours, and sea level rise pose growing challenges to many aspects of life in the Northeast. Infrastructure, agriculture, fisheries, and ecosystems will be increasingly compromised. Many states and cities are beginning to incorporate climate change into their planning.

Northwest. Changes in the timing of streamflow reduce water supplies for competing demands. Sea level rise, erosion, inundation, risks to infrastructure, and increasing ocean acidity pose major threats. Increasing wildfire, insect outbreaks, and tree diseases are causing widespread tree die-off.

Southeast. Sea level rise poses widespread and continuing threats to the region’s economy and environment. Extreme heat will affect health, energy, agriculture, and more. Decreased water availability will have economic and environmental impacts.

Midwest. Extreme heat, heavy downpours, and flooding will affect infrastructure, health, agriculture, forestry, transportation, air and water quality, and more. Climate change will also exacerbate a range of risks to the Great Lakes.

Southwest. Increased heat, drought, and insect outbreaks, all linked to climate change, have increased wildfires. Declining water supplies, reduced agricultural yields, health impacts in cities due to heat, and flooding and erosion in coastal areas are additional concerns.

The only way you can keep denying it at this point is to have your head buried in the ground.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It's the green religion of GAIA...didn't you know... www.green-agenda.com...

www.green-agenda.com...

From a Gaian activist's perspective the theory of Global Warming presents a dream scenario. It strikes at the very heart of 'Gaias greatest threat' - capitalism and modern industrial society. According to them without fossil fuels the world will be transformed into the Gaian's ecotopian vision of small sustainable human settlements, surrounded by protected wild-lands, and governed by some sort of United Earth Council. Global Warming provides a clarion call to which the 'environmentally aware' masses can rally. Skeptics are now commonly labelled as climate change-deniers, insinuating that they should be treated with the same contempt that holocaust-deniers deserve.

Enjoy the read

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hey Krazysh0t, we actually agree on something. It's evident all around the world, yet the profiteers of this subject (both sides) are being used to make it look like a money making scam. People will take advantage of any crisis. There will always be war profiteers, climate change profiteers, and if a plague were to threaten the human race I'm sure there would be plenty of profiteers out to make a dollar on that too.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

That's not at all what I said. You're doing the same thing a hardcore Christian does when you question inconsistencies.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

So first microbes, then dinosaurs, eventually mammals, and finally (now) homo sapiens, purposely caused global warming? Gotcha! If only dinosaurs had paid taxes for all those farts that contributed to global warming, that would have taught them and prevented it all!

Not saying we shouldn't focus on improving (decreasing) our impact, but what are you claiming exactly, that planet earth has been f*cking up for all these millions of years, evolution is a failed process that "OOPS" missed the fact there would be an impact on the planet we evolved on? Kinda ridiculous tbh, it's obviously part of this rock we live on, it's obviously part of the species that evolved on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

That's not at all what I said. You're doing the same thing a hardcore Christian does when you question inconsistencies.

Is it frustrating to have your words twisted? Well now you are getting a taste of your own medicine for misrepresenting climate science or trying to pretend like its not real because the media told you so.

I can't count how many times I've had someone from the right bring up Climategate like it is still an issue or misrepresent what I say about Climate science by attributing things to Al Gore or some other nonsense.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I live in California. Right now, there are many wildfires burning. When you drive near a reservoir you are lucky if you can see any water. The reservoirs are lower than I've ever seen them.

The water table is receding. But, the farmers and cities continue pumping water out of the ground like it is an endless supply.

I think that the scientists have made mistakes with regard to the climate but I do think that the climate is changing. I do think that we are in a warming phase. The weather is just not the same as it was 20 years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
OK, Lets see what some real scientists have to say on this, Not some conservative funded (read bought out by the oil industry) rag like the Daily Telegraph:

NASA:
Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities.

climate.nasa.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> climate.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask>> They forced the Pope to resign and now this guy was put in. So what does he do? Talks about open borders, embracing the poor and shunning capitalism and accepting Global Warming as truth and following along trying to stop it. He's a lying hypocrite completely under the thumb of the 1% who stand to make trillions out of the global warming scam and at the same time lower everyones standard of living with one world government and unchecked immigration and the end of sovereign country's borders. Think about it. Obama the false POTUS and Francis the false Pope are working together against the very people they claim to serve.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join