It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top scientist resigns from post - admits Global Warming is a scam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The UK Telegraph?

I followed the link that that is where it went.

I read the UK Telegraph sometimes.

It isn't exactly a sketchy site.

Not a site I'd censor from ATS.

It's not from the Telegraph UK, it's from a blog site run by the Telegraph UK, "MyTelegraph" or some such. Clearly you noticed that right? This isn't a news story from a journalist, it's a blog post from somebody who signed up for their blogging site.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

This guy resigned 5 years ago and has been dead since 2011. He's also a physicist who didn't study the climate. What makes him such a TOP SCIENTIST when used in reference of Climate Change anyway???

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You do realize that the APS has 50,000+ members? That Hal Lewis isn't a climate scientist, cites no research (at all) and in fact, the "evidence" presented in this letter is all purely unscientific in nature; for example:

His letter had nothing to do with research, his letter was what it was, and he was listing his reasons for leaving, which included the gross amount of MONEY dominating the field instead of FACTS......

Politicians are bought and paid for, Political seats are bought, Cops are bought off, Corporations buy favors......we see people on the left scream about this all the time with Oil companies

But you people have a hard time believing that Scientists arent bought off to push an agenda?

Weird they seem exempt from all that

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

This guy resigned 5 years ago and has been dead since 2011. He's also a physicist who didn't study the climate. What makes him such a TOP SCIENTIST when used in reference of Climate Change anyway???

His Credentials, the guy was a top scientist......theres not even a debate about that, the guy was a top scientist in his field....

When a top scientist decides to resign from a place he loved because of corruption from the almighty dollar infiltrating it instead of actual SCIENCE and FACTS

why SHOULDNT people take notice?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This story is old, already posted, and has been thoroughly debunked several times over already:

DEBUNKED

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

His Credentials, the guy was a top scientist......theres not even a debate about that, the guy was a top scientist in his field....

When a top scientist decides to resign from a place he loved because of corruption from the almighty dollar infiltrating it instead of actual SCIENCE and FACTS

why SHOULDNT people take notice?

Ok, but his field of study wasn't the climate. I'm not saying he's not top in his field but we're not talking about his field. Maybe he's just pissed off about the corruption and found an easy target with climate change to blame for it.

Personally I don't trust either side on this debate. They all have some agenda to push and I don't like it. You can't trust anyone these days. Everyone's full of monkey poo.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I am pretty sure this has been discussed already on here.

Did you realize your article is from OCTOBER 9TH, 2010?

Not too bad it is only 5 years old minus a few weeks. My question to you is why do you feel this is noteworthy now?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Probably just a guy getting paid to say what he is saying.

Because that is what it is when it is supporting it right?

Wonder if we are going to have people come in and explain why this is the un biased source that we need and how it is a 'true' scientist.

Strongly Agree with you there, money makes the world go round..

However, Global is not man made either, it's all lies and agenda driven. Global warming is a natural process.

Peace

How does that make sense? He quit BECAUSE of that, if it was about money he would have stayed

I love the mental gymnastics in this thread already, lol

Why he can easily find a job elsewhere given his qualifications, besides Global warming is real, but it isn't man made.

I like how this professor explains polar melting as result of Global warming, and it's not man made..

Global warning is agenda driven, period. And I stand by that.

edit on 24-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You do realize that the APS has 50,000+ members? Hal Lewis wasn't a climate scientist, cited no research (at all) and in fact, the "evidence" presented in this letter was all purely unscientific in nature; for example:

3. In the interim the ClimateGate scandal broke into the news, and the machinations of the principal alarmists were revealed to the world. It was a fraud on a scale I have never seen, and I lack the words to describe its enormity. Effect on the APS position: none. None at all. This is not science; other forces are at work.

Since he' wasn't a climatologist and had apparently no direct experience with this "scam" of his own, what is this supposed to prove? That an old physicist can have opinions that are based more on politics and the media than his own research and experience?

Ok, great.

Interesting you say this because APS has taken a major role in the climate change reporting for the government since 2007 or earlier. Here is an example of one of their policies from their site:

Source APS

Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate. Greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide as well as methane, nitrous oxide and other gases. They are emitted from fossil fuel combustion and a range of industrial and agricultural processes.
The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring.
If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.
Because the complexity of the climate makes accurate prediction difficult, the APS urges an enhanced effort to understand the effects of human activity on the Earth’s climate, and to provide the technological options for meeting the climate challenge in the near and longer terms. The APS also urges governments, universities, national laboratories and its membership to support policies and actions that will reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.

Granted they are "physical" scientists, but they are even listed on the whitehouse website for climate change, so you can discount them all you want, but the physical sciences, as related to humans causing climate change, are there.

What I find even more interesting are the ones that are discounting this scientists motive as monetary in basis...he was 87 when he resigned....not exactly a time to care about money, but it is a time when someone would come clean about something they felt was wrong.

Anywho...I think there is a lot more to this than is being reported. I would LOVE to see the amount of government funding that hits APS...that would speak volumes to me.

Now, I am not saying climate change is not happening. I do believe it is. What I don't believe is that we have anything to do with it. It is a natural progression of the Earth. People are making us believe we are the cause and using our fears to capitalize on it. It would be happening anyways.

I will leave you with their final statement in their policy, and encourage all to read the entire link and others before making a judgement.

With regard to the last sentence of the APS statement, the role of physicists is not just "...to support policies and actions..." but also to participate actively in the research itself. Physicists can contribute in significant ways to understanding the physical processes underlying climate and to developing technological options for addressing and mitigating climate change.

edit on 9/24/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Politicians are bought and paid for, Political seats are bought, Cops are bought off, Corporations buy favors......we see people on the left scream about this all the time with Oil companies

But you people have a hard time believing that Scientists arent bought off to push an agenda?

Weird they seem exempt from all that

Clearly scientists can be bought. Please don't try to put words in my mouth so that you can present weak straw man arguments. I wouldn't debate against the premise that scientists can be bought at all. In fact, I can give you a list of scientists who've received funding from the Heartland Institute to be paid deniers of whatever corporations wanted denied; be it the hazards of cigarettes or global warming.

What you are saying is that most of the world's climate scientists and basically all of the climate research centers in the world have been paid to lie.

Why does that make more sense to you than a very small number of scientists are being paid to lie? Which is more likely to be true?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well at least the climate deniers here are not denying climate change, just the reason behind it
Seems to me anybody who sledges climate deniers uses rhetoric
" you don't believe the climate is changing"
Obviously people can see it, just not the reason

The East Anglia U leaks ended any sceptisism I had about the validity of climate change and its relation to science

There is no answer for the problems regarding climate change or corruption in that scientific field.

Sad world

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2015 by notmyrealname because: edit nazis

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

lol ya ats didnt like my source apparently, so I went to the source of the actual news article, which said the exact same thing......

I dont get it

ATS is complacent and in some cases instrumental in promoting certain propaganda as fact either for profit or as a result/under threat of blackmail. This "global warming" topic is one of several that over the years has required special attention, so to speak.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Damn op was right, some serious mental gymnastics here.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Linky

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

theres more in his letter that he talks about , some very interesting insights there

Let the calling me a science denier begin!

Now , another one gets out. It is becoming more and more like a sinking ship and the rats are leaving. Better they resign than to face ridicule when everyone else finds out how they have "cooked the books" for so long

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared
This story is old, already posted, and has been thoroughly debunked several times over already:

DEBUNKED

So an entity that is being accused of being bought and paid for, does an investigation on themselves and finds that its untrue?

Huh Imagine that........

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Another thing I find funny about the timing is that the statement from APS that I linked to in my last post has been updated in Feb 2012 to reflect things that Hal Lewis claimed.

Source

Always nice to be able to go back and change what you said to fit the narrative right?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Is this guy one of the 'true' scientist you were telling me about?

What was that list again??

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

uhhh...........thats exactly what this whole thread is about.....

Im not sure how you came to the conclusion that im pro MM global warming.......

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So why did you bring this up again if it happened five years ago?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join