It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top scientist resigns from post - admits Global Warming is a scam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Red Hot Carbon Credits...............! Get Your Red Hot Carbon Credits Right Here ! Don't Get Fined if You Burn Leaves In Your Back Yard ! .............Red Hot Carbon Credits Right Here !

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is an anti-intellectual movement surging across the U.S. that doesn't like science, so hopefully this guy isn't a part of that. All I can really do is observe what the scientists, including him, say and determine whether or not humans cause Climate Change.

The research I have done on my own shows that humans do, in fact, cause Climate Change at a rate that is far faster than at any other time in history. There is no denying that Climate Change is occurring and that sea levels are rising.

I think a lot of people get upset about it because the solutions for human-made Climate Change include laws that stifle industry and the economy, such as carbon taxes.

edit on 24pmThu, 24 Sep 2015 22:49:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Linky

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

theres more in his letter that he talks about , some very interesting insights there

Let the calling me a science denier begin!
Who lied to the Pope?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
No doubt. The anti intellectual movement in the US is concerning.
It really makes me wonder if there truly an agenda to keep the general public ignorant and in the dark about vital issues.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

There is an anti-intellectual movement surging across the U.S. that doesn't like science, so

yes he hates Science......thats what it is, this guy who was one of the top Physicists in this organization , HATES science...

Please

You say we hate science, we think PT barunum would love the people all about MMGW

I guess "follow the money" only matters when it fits the MMGW narrative eh?

Carbon Credits and trading, hmm that doesnt sound very concerned about GW now does it?
edit on 9/24/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Doesn't matter. If it's true we have gone beyond the point of repair. We have radiation leaking in our ocean, oil sitting on the floors of our oceans, pollution in our air & water. When the $hit hits the fan people in the U.S. area will be like refugees wanting to come to places like Tennessee which is a evacuation area for many places. Right where I live.

Plenty of fresh spring water, fish, wildlife. We'll have to keep those masses out of our area here or we won't have anything either. So, good luck everyone. Nothing last forever anyways. We all die one day. Just enjoy life and teach your children survival skills.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What do you call scientists that don't believe in man made climate change?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I guess "follow the money" only matters when it fits the MMGW narrative eh?

Carbon Credits and trading, hmm that doesnt sound very concerned about GW now does it?

Cool, since this thread doesn’t look like it’s going to be deleted even though it’s very old (tinfoil) hat, let’s turn it into something productive then.

Tell you what – you show me your conspiracy and I’ll show you mine. Then we’ll compare notes and see whose angle holds up in the end, and whose falls apart - i.e. which one is consistent, and which one doesn’t make any sense and contradicts itself repeatedly.

Let’s start with your statement above, because it seems to be central to all your insinuations: man made global warming is a hoax perpetrated by scientists to enrich the elites by way of carbon trading schemes, yes?

Ok so explain to us this: Cap and Trade was first developed in the 1980s as a compromise solution between Republicans and Environmentalists on how to regulate emissions while maintaining free market principles.

The Political History of Cap and Trade

The scientific history on man made global warming dates back as far as the 1820s, when famous mathematician Joseph Fourier first proposed the underlying physical principle behind all this – the greenhouse effect. That effect was then confirmed experimentally by physicist John Tyndall in 1859. This principle was then used to first predict that increasing carbon emissions would raise global temperatures in 1895 by Nobel prize winning chemist Svante Arrhenius.
Just read some history: The Discovery of Global Warming

So tell us – how do all these scientists, who did their work 100 years before Cap & Trade even existed – how do they fit into your conspiracy?

Does Al Gore have a time machine? Is history fake now too, just like science? Is there a glitch in the matrix?

Please provide a credible, all-encompassing explanation to your conspiracy, instead of just spitting out bits and pieces of political soundbites that make absolutely no sense when you actually add them up.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

With the promotion of Climate Change however there is now a way for those who are opposed to "keeping things the way they are" to make a huge profit from changing things by selling the Carbon tax credits and keeping things as they are and making a profit because the carbon tax credits can be sold and bought and you could pollute according to how much money you had.
So in effect they are able to double dip and earn a profit both ways...amazing thinking I say give them credit for coming up with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Agreed which is why we really do need to make sure the steps we take don't let that happen. But just to bang our heads against the wall and act like money is the sole factor of what scientist are finding seems naive since the money is currently in the way we do things.

As in the people making the billions of dollars don't want to change anything if they don't have to.
edit on thFri, 25 Sep 2015 00:34:51 -0500America/Chicago920155180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I admit to not having read the whole article but was it stated that Harold "Hal" Lewis gave his resign in 2010 and died in 2011?

This is not recent news. This is old news.

Is repeating (ha, I nearly wrote "reHeating", would have about fit, too) old news now the new news?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts and opinions. I'm not a scientist and don't know anything for sure about "climate change" except what I read.

First...I look at who the non-scientists are that say there is significant, man-made climate change and those who say there isn't. I have personally decided that those who say there is significant, man-made climate change are typically the same people who wish to control and take more money from the people and companies of the USA. And surprise...due to climate change they want more control and more money. Those opposing climate change don't want anything.

Second...it appears there are two groups of laypersons. Those who don't believe in significant, man-made climate change who simply state "I don't believe in that". The second group...the believers don't act the same. They don't just say "I do believe that". What they do instead is say "you're an idiot", they try to force others to change their minds, they insult and fight with disbelievers, etc. This tells me that one group has an agenda to try to force the other to conform to their belief. Obviously, it is the same group who always uses the same tactics...insult, attack and ridicule.

Finally...the government. If the government tells me something is true and there is no 100% fact on the matter...I don't believe them. Yes...I've been insulted (guess by whom) for that position but it is really simple. If something is only a theory which is the case on significant, man-made climate change and a proven, repeat liar with the intent to take from me says "it exists"...just like the boy who cried wolf, I will hedge my bet and go with the odds that they are again lying.

So...when there is 100%, repeatable testable proof of significant, man-made climate change from a non-bias group (buyable scientists with agendas don't count) then I'll believe it. Until then...a liar is a liar and the odds favor that it is all made-up bull to further control the people, the companies and take more control of our lives. Something we have already given far too much of away.

Now watch and let's see if the responses to me from "believers" are on the lines of "everyone is allowed to have their own opinion" or if they take the position of "what a stupid right-wing idiot". Ready...set...GO!
edit on 9/25/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Probably just a guy getting paid to say what he is saying.

Because that is what it is when it is supporting it right?

Wonder if we are going to have people come in and explain why this is the un biased source that we need and how it is a 'true' scientist.

Great argument. Wait, let me try:

Everyone who claims global warming is caused by man, is probably just getting paid to say that.

Damn, that was easy, now I'll never have to use reasoning again, thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Congrats!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hi I am just a newly here.
But I believe that the fact of Climate Change is evident. The real question is what is the cause?

And having read some of the research written by scientists involved in the Sirius Project. A bunch of scientists sent by government to check out mountains at the South Pole!

And having noticed how the Sun is going further south in Summer from where I stand, I am of the opinion that the planet has shifted on its axis and the poles are closer to the Sun. Hence melting ice! But at the same time other areas are now further from the Sun and will continue to cool until they freeze again.

As One scientist pointed out, the wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers who died in Siberia were snap frozen to perfectly preserve their bodies! This meant they had to be deep frozen in days, not months or years.
All this means it is not man made, cows farting or auto exhausts! It is a regular event in Earth history.
The same scientists spoke of the effect of the gravitational field of the Sirius star system and how it reaches out past our Sun! Why was the project called the Sirius Project?
Which makes carbon taxes just a way to profit from a natural event!

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Want2no
Hi I am just a newly here.
But I believe that the fact of Climate Change is evident. The real question is what is the cause?

And having read some of the research written by scientists involved in the Sirius Project. A bunch of scientists sent by government to check out mountains at the South Pole!

And having noticed how the Sun is going further south in Summer from where I stand, I am of the opinion that the planet has shifted on its axis and the poles are closer to the Sun. Hence melting ice! But at the same time other areas are now further from the Sun and will continue to cool until they freeze again.

As One scientist pointed out, the wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers who died in Siberia were snap frozen to perfectly preserve their bodies! This meant they had to be deep frozen in days, not months or years.
All this means it is not man made, cows farting or auto exhausts! It is a regular event in Earth history.
The same scientists spoke of the effect of the gravitational field of the Sirius star system and how it reaches out past our Sun! Why was the project called the Sirius Project?
Which makes carbon taxes just a way to profit from a natural event!

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Not just Earth, Mars is warming up too, I guess we're to blame for that too.

Let's blatantly ignore the fact that these patterns are as old as planet earth, clearly our influence in the past 100 years is to blame.

But our leaders already have the fix, no worries! Just buy clean air from poor African countries so you can keep polluting, that will fix everything!

It's a scam, nothing is going to get "fixed", the only thing that will change is they'll be able to tax people even more, which I'm simply not buying. When "they" impose actual laws that prevent big industry from polluting, THEN I'll listen and take this "science" seriously, until then, I refuse, I have as much influence in this as I do in politics: NONE.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Want2no

Personally...I agree with you. I do know such of opinions other than man-made climate change, I'm just not sure with which I agree...if any. In my opinion, humans continue to see themselves as "important" and "big". We are so small compared to the Earth that I have trouble believing we can do any significant damage for any long-term period of time. The Earth and life itself is a living machine and continues grinding it's gears without regard for us little creatures. We are just along for the ride and we make a very small impact that will be erased away in a few seconds of the Earth's lifetime.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

Might I suggest continuing your skepticism even after they impose laws against big industry. That is just another part of taxing and control that will likely happen as part of the whole scheme. If there are tax loopholes for big business that you can't plug...come up with another reason to tax them.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The planets governments and corporate oligarchies control and develop and decide all industry associated with that which could potentially lead to effecting the planets cyclic climate and sustainable environment.

If it be a scam, the Governments and corporate oligarchies are to blame.
If it be a fact, the Governments and corporate oligarchies are to blame.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Just a few thoughts and opinions. I'm not a scientist and don't know anything for sure about "climate change" except what I read.

First...I look at who the non-scientists are that say there is significant, man-made climate change and those who say there isn't. I have personally decided that those who say there is significant, man-made climate change are typically the same people who wish to control and take more money from the people and companies of the USA. And surprise...due to climate change they want more control and more money. Those opposing climate change don't want anything.

Well if you were to research properly then you would have to explain why climate scientists across the globe agree on man made GW. You will have to explain all different funding mechanisms and money flows across many different countries and political systems the end up with Climate Scientists agreeing.

That in itself does not make sense unless the science is reflecting the true findings of the research.

The US is not the only country in the world. So please open your eyes to the rest of the world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join