It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the one thing we Humans excel at?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Understanding the Bible and the Satanic agenda would be a good start to comprehending the violent history of mankind. Satan is the ruler of this world and the elites are full of greed and have no regard to human suffering as long as it benefits them. Whether they realize it or not, this is a spirit that controls them and some embrace it.

They are willing to sell their souls for the few years of luxuries they'll receive here on Earth. Of course, people will say this is nonsense, but it's all written in scripture and is playing out. Either walk with Satan or walk with God. Unfortunately, as the Bible tells us, the majority will walk with Satan and fall with him in the end. It doesn't matter if you believe or not. You'll believe in the end, that's a fact.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I'd say "self presevation".

That and soiling your underwear.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

yes there are many violent things in nature...but do they use violence for violences' sake? Do they hunt for a laugh or a thrill?

You only have to look at a outside typical town centre British Pub after midnight at the taxi rank or the curryhouse to see we actually like the violence and aggro. Even the women fight in lumps whilst the men kick seven bells out of each other in alcohol fuelled bravado then brag about the "kicking they gave so an so on Friday night" to their work mates on Monday morning. Look at football violence, tribal in nature, a sense of belonging, it fuels the adrenaline and it becomes addictive. It seems we humans have a highly addictive personality trait!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
Understanding the Bible and the Satanic agenda would be a good start to comprehending the violent history of mankind. Satan is the ruler of this world and the elites are full of greed and have no regard to human suffering as long as it benefits them. Whether they realize it or not, this is a spirit that controls them and some embrace it.

They are willing to sell their souls for the few years of luxuries they'll receive here on Earth. Of course, people will say this is nonsense, but it's all written in scripture and is playing out. Either walk with Satan or walk with God. Unfortunately, as the Bible tells us, the majority will walk with Satan and fall with him in the end. It doesn't matter if you believe or not. You'll believe in the end, that's a fact.

Would a belief in a God be self preserving in a society without law?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We have some very bad traits and flaws and yet the religious types say we were all created in God's image....hmmm I think he needs to check his blueprint

Oh and we don't walk with Satan, Satan rules the underworld, Lucifer was condemned to walk the earth

Still doesn't answer the questions relating to the altered DNA though. It is such a shame that there is no timeline for when these changes took place

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

on a lighter note we accelerate at fermentation in order to produce booze and i do we believe we have had a had in creating some of the finest medicinal herbs. although the fermentation is up for debate, i do believe sloths can actually ferment inside there own mouth. to be a sloth!!!!

edit on 24-9-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Other animals do it to establish rank and territory all the time.

When you said "excel at" I thought you meant were good at. We're not that great at it without technology.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

well that's a plus then...we aren't all bad after all

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well modified when this guy died by the same human violence it seems as we still have today same ole same ole!

Born c. 3300 BCE

In 2001 X-rays and a CT scan revealed that Ötzi had an arrowhead lodged in his left shoulder when he died,[45] and a matching small tear on his coat.[46] The discovery of the arrowhead prompted researchers to theorize Ötzi died of blood loss from the wound, which would probably have been fatal even if modern medical techniques had been available.[47] Further research found that the arrow's shaft had been removed before death, and close examination of the body found bruises and cuts to the hands, wrists and chest and cerebral trauma indicative of a blow to the head.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I think only 268 years of peace out of 3500 yrs and billions of deaths means we are pretty good at it. If we leave war aside for a moment and just take violence itself, all forms, we really do excel at torture & murder. The imaginative new ways we think up to dispose of a person boggles the mind sometimes. Its hard to even contemplate where they get their ideas from.

We kill millions but there seems to be a link between sex & violence so we keep on shag**ng to replenish the population then get on with the killing again. Soldiers throughout history have had brothel trucks caravans or whatever, rape is commonplace so could we be hardwired to replace those we kill? Could it be we won't be permitted to take the population below a certain level?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ahh but not everyone is capable of those things whereas with violence everyone is capable

I've never murdered anyone...just as I've never written a concerto.
I would say I'm as equally incapable of both.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Manipulation.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh, didn't realize we were in the Grey Area. Have fun!

I still maintain that our intelligence and opposable thumbs are the reason we excel at violence. I suppose we also have to have the will to commit acts of violence that we do, but I don't think that's because some ancient aliens altered our DNA (was it 6 times?) to have a standing slave army (seriously LOL). All animals want power, because with it come the basic needs for survival and then luxuries. Our societies are huge, because of technology, which means to gain enough influence more drastic measures need to be taken, and can be since we have implements of war.

The reason we kill in such vast numbers now is because technology has enabled us to live in larger and larger groups (and so much less of our time has to be devoted to survival with the advent of agricultural and it's continued advancements we're able to commit more people to other technological advancements).

I'm going to argue that we don't excel at violence compared to other species, but that they lack the ability and drive to fight in such a large scale. A bear is going to have been in more fights than a human, and a bear could easily kill a human. If there were countries of bears, I bet they would kill just as many people and be embroiled in just as many battles. Technology makes it so we can kill anything, and in greater numbers, but it doesn't make us particularly less prone to violence, just better at it so the numbers seem skewed.

There are so many differences between humans and our civilizations and the rest of the animal kingdom, it's not really a fair comparison, like saying that bats are more prone to violence than cougars because they kill more things everyday.
edit on 2420150920151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Just because you haven't killed anyone doesn't mean you haven't the capability and couldn't when necessary. If say, your children were threatened or someone you loved, I'm sure you would be able to bring up your violent nature to protect them. I've heard little old ladies on the bus discussing what they'd do to a paedophile in graphic detail.

I think aggression and violence are innate human characteristics which cannot be changed. It can be buried or hidden or controlled but even in those circumstances it can boil over in the right situation, but ultimately it is there to be used for whatever reason

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Whilst advances in technology mean we can kill more people, it doesn't explain why we feel the need to kill people. In this day and age we should not be going to war over land boundaries or resources. As they say in the Matrix....humans don't want utopia they become bored and can't handle it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't really believe we are that violent to begin with. I would bet that 90%+ of the population doesn't want to be controlled and doesn't want to be controlled.
Humans are much better in being influenced for either doing good or doing bad. We learn, we adapt and we improve...no matter what the task at hand.

If the task that pays the most is doing bad, many people will do what's bad.
But if those exact same people we're given the same reward for doing good, most of them would surely do what's good.

"The end justifies the means" and "Do what thou wilt" are a motto's that we would instinctively live by outside of society but the main reason we adapt is because, human do what it takes to get what they want and if being a good citizen gets them what they want, then that's what they'll do.

Now!
Getting back to "If the task that pays the most is doing bad, many people will do what's bad. "...
Well, that's where the problems with the 10% of abnormal humans start. They want more than you and me, they want power. It's probably an inferiority complex that never fades but these people will also do what it takes to get what they want. Their ends also justifies their means just like everybody else.

As long as they aren't rich or have power over men, those kind of humans aren't much of a problem. But, as time goes by, generations after generations, today we are stuck with psychopaths running the show and those psychopaths always needed "slaves" and soldiers to get more power and still do.

We, normal human beings, just want the cookie.
We will make up excuses about doing anything if there's an authority giving us what we want after doing it.

We almost all have our price...as long that it gets us what we want.
I wouldn't kill a man, because I am a good person. I probably even wouldn't kill a man for a million dollars...
But for 1 billion dollars? Pass me the gun.

You see, although I am a good person, the ends do justify the means...and my end would be doing so much good for the people around me and more with that billion dollar that I see that it's worth it.

I don't know if we've been genetically modified in order to be violent, but I seriously doubt it!
Genetically modified to be obedient? Now that's a possibility.
Many believe that we have been genetically created as slaves for aliens. If we are, I think we are a mix of a chimpanzee and a pig but that's another theory all together!

Another sad part, that's deductible from learning more about the world, is that a lot of the world's most powerful "people" seem to be hooked on symbolism, rituals and other occult works. They seem get more of a kick in raping a child around a bunch of buddies in robes than holding hands and singing love songs.

It really doesn't matter if people believe in symbolism, blood sacrifices, satan, pedophilia, rape, dominance, blood rituals, dark magic, etc...because THEY DO. That's what people need to grasp. So whatever denial or disbelief someone may have, it doesn't change the fact that they really believe in it. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, it makes sense for them.

In conclusion, I do not think we need to be genetically modified in order to attain a really peaceful society but I think we need to identify psychopaths, condition them or deny them too much power. I also strongly believe that in a perfect society, power should be given by the people and not taken by force.
edit on 24-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Good post. However, how do you account for just sheer random violence like for example football hooligans, fighting in the street on a friday night, road rage attacks things like that? Often is carried out by people who are normally described as non violent the type the neighbours say "Oooh he was such a quiet nice man" then they find out he's part of a football gang and every Saturday beats the living carp outta the opposing fans then on Sunday goes for sunday lunch with his mum.

No I don't subscribe to the slave for aliens theory, I don't think in all we make very good slaves as an entire species. They may be able to subjugate us to a degree just as humans have with their own slaves over the centuries but at the end of the day, we aren't good at being servile for long.

The whole Gary McKinnon thing about extra terrestrial forces and then the alterations to our DNA piqued my interest and I have never felt that we as a species were necessarily natural to this planet....but then again I'm old and senile

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Our violence can be sourced directly from the fact that we are essentially selfish.
Even the most giving person on earth does it because it makes them feel good.
Nothing wrong with that in theory, but its still selfish.
So in answer to your question, we excel.at being self centered.
All of our other traits, both detrimental and benign flow from that.

Either that or we are an engineered army for the unseen alien forces of the galactic empire...but you know, six of one, half dozen of the other.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Extremism.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Greed. We might watch a puppy steal all the bones from the other puppies, but that's nothing compared to what we can do.
Have you met us?

We need only a few things to survive (and I'll leave procreation for the continuance of species out as it would easily derail):
* Food
* Water
* Shelter
* Air
* Health

We broke them all. We monetized them all. We gave control over that to the few corporations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join