It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the one thing we Humans excel at?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
....violence of course

We are masters at it. We are inventive & imaginative with it always thinking up new ways to torture and inflict pain. Every human on the planet has the capacity and capability for violence regardless of their religious or other beliefs. Children are aggressive little darlings who know no boundaries and easily manipulated into doing terrible things for which they don't realise the consequences, nor care (see Khmer Rouge, Cambodia). There isn't a country nor a people that are free of it. We beat dogs wives children, we mug rape cause bodily harm daily. It has got to the point where most of the population are so desensitised by the violence that only the most extreme cases now cause a reaction or outcry. Our Governments kill their own. We condone killing animals for sport and entertainment (see fox hunting or big game hunting)

According to the experts at Uppsala University who are recognised leaders in statistical analysis of conflicts, at this moment in time there are 10 wars in progress ( a war being a conflict where more than 1000 die pa) and 5 serious armed conflicts (where 200-999 die pa) and 15 other armed conflicts (under 200 deaths pa). In 2003 there were over 30 wars globally.

Total estimated deaths for the 20th & 21st Centuries are in the region of a possible 1billion Death Toll

In 3500 years, there have only been a recorded 268yrs of peace that's 8% of recorded history, not a good record for a so called advanced civilised people.

So, with all this information in mind, it made me think of a few things that could be connected to our propensity for violence.

1) Hacker Gary McKinnon's testimony that he saw secret Pentagon files referring to "non-terrestrial" forces.....is it remotely possible that at some point in our planets' past we were specifically created as a standing army for someone, for some purpose and maybe they've forgotten about us or all those involved in our creation have died themselves so we are not known about? Hence the reason they haven't come back for us
or
2) They did and have come back and people are indeed being shipped off to goodness knows where to fight in inter galactic battles like Gary McKinnon thought with the consent of TPTB
or
3) Our DNA has been manipulated or altered to make us into perfect little killing machines. There is an old thread which I found fascinating here which mentions changes discovered in our DNA in 6 places. I have thought long and hard about that but alas cannot find any corroboration for it, but if true could one of the changes relate to making us more violent & aggressive? He states that all bones old and new even biblical show signs of this tampering. Now someone had to do the tampering so begs the question who? and why? I do tend to think also that some of the DNA manipulation could have been to remove or close off access to our own inate powers i.e. telekinesis and the like, but some people are still able to utilise those powers or have relearned how. The US Government and maybe others are now investigating such things like remote viewing so I presume there has to be some substance to it.

All the above leads me to believe that we will never achieve global peace because we will never lose our propensity for violence unless our DNA is once again manipulated and put back to how it was supposed to be (if there ever was such a thing). War and violence it seems, are here to stay and if the DNA theory is correct then no amount of therapy or medication can make it otherwise!

I also wonder if one of the later manipulations was to decrease our life span. If one reads the Old Testament and other books, it will be noted that the people referred to therein, were very long lived, some such as Nicodemus stated as being 900 yrs old and many over 500 yrs old like Noah and Enoch. In the beginning of our race, I would think living long and reproducing many times was a good thing, to populate the planet and create the killer army
but as we grew and grew and the population expanded more than "they" expected, perhaps the DNA was once again tampered with to reduce the population size.

So if we take the evidence of manipulations of DNA to be 1) violence 2)loss of inate powers and 3)population control, I wonder what the 3 remaining altered DNA segments controlled?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Assuming you're right, subordination would probably be in one of those genetic manipulations. But if they put that in, wouldn't we be more useful with our innate powers?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We excel at f*#@ing up.. err, "modifying" our environment, too..

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

lol aye but happily the planet always survives no matter what we manage to throw at it

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, the world is becoming a more peaceful place. The liberal West is certainly pretty peaceful with violent crime and crime in general pretty low. War and conflict persists in certain places and life's cheap in parts of Africa, South America, Asia and large parts of the Middle East. Oh, dictatorships are also becoming rarer, so repressive China better beware.

I think the outlook is fairly positive.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh I disagree.

The reality is that we are not that good at it. If we were good at wiping people off the planet, better at that than anything else, there would be no one left.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

As a species (and as individuals, for the most part), we are very good at being selfish, greedy, and cruel in non-physical ways (financially, psychologically, etc.)

Look at how corruptible "man" is.

"Power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely." The dark side of the human condition... how easily people can turn on each other (and on mother nature), all for material, instinctual desires.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Its not so much wiping people off the planet but we do indulge in war rather a lot don't you think? With 10 on the go at the moment, I'd say its excessive for a supposed peaceful civilised people

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh I disagree.

The reality is that we are not that good at it. If we were good at wiping people off the planet, better at that than anything else, there would be no one left.

But don't you think...."it's just a matter of time"

Mankind's demise will be a result of his stupidity in dealing with the technology of killin.
edit on 24-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Consuming" comes to mind first. We must do it to survive. There are, of course, many examples of this that are noteworthy:

The "apple" was eaten despite the Creator saying not to (as the story goes)

And then, in these modern days, debt, debt, and more debt..."borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" and so forth...

SO many things result from our inherent ability to consume. Violence right up there at, or near, the top of the list.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Are we allowed to give a positive example concerning something at which Humans excel?
If so, I would say Humans excel at art, music and creative thought.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wonder if one of the tampered DNA segements was of some form of knowledge...I dunno just fantasising here...but maybe of the ultimate weapon? We have nukes perhaps there is more but we've been prevented from obtaining it....maybe until the right time?

If we were created as a violent army for use elsewhere and then our creator generals got lost killed or whatever, theyre gonna be in for a shock when they return!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gosh I was gonna say thumbs.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Estimates suggest that between 50 and 80 million people died during the Second World War. That happened over the course of six years and one day.

Thirteen years of conflict in these times however, have resulted in between 1.3 and 2 million deaths. If anything, we seem to be getting worse at it, if we measure by numbers of total dead. Also, I think it is somewhat strange that we refer to these conflicts world wide as being separate from one another, when the networks of supply which meet the demands of these wars are connected intrinsically.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ahh but not everyone is capable of those things whereas with violence everyone is capable

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So we're managing to kill less people but make more war? Either way its still a poor history we have with no sign of changing

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ahh but not everyone is capable of those things whereas with violence everyone is capable

Ahhh, revealing the veil we call being "civilized"?

Watch how quickly we would change if the police departments walked off the job or our electricity was turned off?

I like the way you think! Too many people fail to cognitive dissonance, when it comes to seeking out our root nature.
edit on 24-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The only reason we excel at violence is because we excel at technological advancement though. Nature has many children far better suited to violence than human beings if we lacked the ability to advance technologically.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well let's see.
7 billion humans so procreation.
We also seem to have whining about each other mastered.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Absolutely.

However, nothing will ever change until war stops making people money, until the people who profit from it, are no longer in a position to influence events in their favour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join