It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help somebody, possible schizophrenia development in someone I love.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I concur with your observations but let her get some sleep will ya?

If a message is destined to come forth, it will come anyway and not necessarily via dreams. All I`m saying is that dreams are not the only tool to look for cause. And believe me, sleep deprivation only adds to the happenings for whatever is causing it, wants you to be in a weak state...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of others that say stress has worsened her underlying conditions. I am prescribed what my pharmacist describes as a 'ton' of clonazepam for anxiety (1 mg 5x a day) and it just barely keeps anxiety attacks away.

At one point I was having attacks 5 times a week. They include extreme anxiety, visual auras, numbness on one side of the body, a couple times bp of 90/110, speech problems. Lasts from 1-5 hours. It only happens about twice a year now and an imitrex inhaler helps if used quickly enough.

I try to avoid anti depressants, they never seem to help me and the science is anecdotal- they are not certain how they work but DO work in certain people. Though I do try one at a time, as my doc seems to think it may lessen my reliance on the benzo if I find the right one.

I believe she could have stressed herself to the point she believes she has inherited further mental disease.

You have to tell her psychiatrist if she has mentioned suicide. This is not the point to wait it out or try dietary changes or meditate. He may want her in a hospital for observation or he might just fit her into the office right away to assess her. I know my psychiatrist would take a call on his personal cell (which he is not fond of lol) and tell me to come right in, if I said that.

Good luck to you and make sure you take care of yourself as well.
edit on 24-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
Thanks everyone for your interest and well wishes, I have read every post but just cooking dinner, will check back ASAP and will explain the hallucinations etc.

Thanks

What's for dinner?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

I concur with your observations but let her get some sleep will ya?

If a message is destined to come forth, it will come anyway and not necessarily via dreams. All I`m saying is that dreams are not the only tool to look for cause. And believe me, sleep deprivation only adds to the happenings for whatever is causing it, wants you to be in a weak state...

The third party angle to this is actually very frightening.. you mentioned not only sleep deprivation but also the idea of creating and maintaining weakened states on the subject: I cannot tell you how true this is. I am currently trying to do research on neurobiology and nanotechnology as it relates to human implants for use on unsuspecting or dissident targets..

I had been reading how many targets were suffering from the same symptoms or the same mental assaults and the mere fact that there were so many testimonies of virtually identacle experience led me to naturally believe that this was some sort of systematic assault and systematic operation of some sort; keeping them weak, deprived of sleep, unable to work, was in each instance always standard protocol..

very intriguing but the technology is simply taking us to a very bad place..welcome to transhumanism, but just remember,
don't close your eyes..

edit on 24-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

Outside of proper psychiatric help, maybe you could have her watch "A Beautiful Mind". It's a movie about a schizophrenic who learned to live with it and be productive. Based on a real individual.

The only reason I suggest this is to possibly help her stay calm and realize that many schizophrenic are highly functional. Even if she is, it might help her see it's not necessarily the end of the world for her.

But obviously convincing her to get proper medical attention is the best and I believe the only real solution.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I`m not sure if it`s tech that`s resposnible for this. If it is then it has to be of E.T. origin because this has been happening since the ancient times. In the past they called it demons/spirits/entities...now it`s shizophrenia...in the future who knows what truth will come out about this, if any at all.

Or it may be something else entirely that works through force/energy and we may be far away from having an explanation for what is happening here. From my perspective on this matter it has to be either past or future claims but it certainly isn`t shizophrenia if you know what I mean because you know...we do seem to be the dumbest generation of mankind so far
And I think it can`t get much worse either so there will be wiser generations coming for sure and hopefully humanity can then make some progress...at least on a human/spiritual level.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Have these hallucinations been while she was fully awake? Has she had insomnia lately? Schizophrenia isn't the only thing that causes hallucinations.

Was she reducing and eliminating her medication with or without supervision? If you took a healthy person, and put them on drugs, then took them off later; it could screw with them. What could that do to an unhealthy person? You might want to keep a journal and see if you can record some statistics on her problems. Pay special attention when you see an increase or decrease in these problems. Maybe it could help you find correlations to the causes or triggers.

I agree with an earlier post that introversion could make things worse. It might be good to get out and relax if you can.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe I am a sufferer of anxiety and it does seem like the friend may have it. I am able to work with my doctor on the dosage level of the non-addictive anxiety medicine I take and the friend could ask to be started out on low dosage amounts of any meds she may need.
I pray she gets immediate help. Natural food stores sell homeopathic remedies and l've found Bach Flower essences, like one called Rescue Remedy can be helpful.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Thanks for sharing your story JJ, I feel for you mate, after seeing what she is going through - It's my partner, She has read your post and all the others on here, but yours she said scares her because of the time periods involved - she feels 2 years is around 729 days and 23 hours to many to handle - She is struggling with it and I feel powerless.

Did you have anyone around you full time to support you or did you go it alone?

Glad you are doing well mate.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

1) Look at the subtypes of schizophrenia to decipher which type the symptoms fit

2) Suicidal thoughts, while linked to schizophrenia, are also exacerbated by 99% of the anti depressants available.

3) DO NOT wait until Monday.

Now, as to my experience...
I am an undifferentiated schizophrenic... A separate subtype.
Meaning I have a few symptoms from all the main subtypes.

Intrusive imagery can occur, but is most commonly attributed to PTSD...
I've had them, and they're horrible...

Auditory and visual hallucinations can also be explained by many things other than schizophrenia...
I have thousands per day, averaging one (either visual, auditory or both) every 5-10 seconds...

The most suicidal I've ever been was when I was taking anti depressants.
Discuss that with a GP soon.

I'm now just taking Flupentixol in antipsychotic doses and really only suffer the auditory and visual hallucinations rather than the many other symptoms I have had in the past.
The other symptoms, paranoia, blankness and anger etc are much rarer now.

I originally took Olanzapine, Amisulpride and Aripiprazole...
Too many negative side effects.

All in all, it's not great, every day is a task...
Occupying your time is a good nullifying technique...
Let classical music send you to sleep, very therapeutic and peacefully blocks any hallucinations really...

I'll reiterate, Do Not wait until Monday mate.

If it ends up with a sectioning, it's the lesser of the outcomes.
I was sectioned for 3 months, hated everyday of it...
But looking back once I left I couldn't have had a better chance than being sectioned.

I probably wouldn't be on ATS right now.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You mentioned that she cut back on some of her meds recently. Was that her idea or directed by a physician?

The recent events most certainly play a part in this. Most likely the change in meds also. Unfortunately for most meds it really is a matter of trying out a few combinations until you find one that works. Finding that combination can sometimes be a long hard road. The important thing is to take the meds as prescribed and pay attention to any and all changes in mood or behavior. These changes need to be monitored and reported to the prescribing physician, especially if they seem to be unexpected or severe.

Feeling a loss of control during stressful times is not unusual. Neither is feeling like an outside influence is acting on you. That condition becomes problematic when it dictates behavior and/or becomes undistinguishable from reality.

As in any evaluation, when it becomes debilitating it is time to intervene. You may feel guilt or stress about making a phone call you would rather not make. That is understandable. Just remember, if it really is that bad, a seven or ten day inpatient stay is infinitely preferable to losing a loved one.

I am not a psych professional, just concerned and willing to offer an opinion.

God bless you both. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Again thanks for all the replies, really busy right now as I am having to do a bit more to help out, But thought I would just say she is doing well this morning, a bit more optimistic and no worsening of symptoms.

She is going to start with the ketone diet today as we believe that will be beneficial.

Will update a little later, and respond directly to as many as I can.

Thanks for your patience.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Her Idea, long wanted - I think she done it almost accidentally by forgetting doses and then just stopping.

In my opinion it's probably for the best if she is going to recover.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
my thoughts... consult a Shaman

...an experienced Shaman who would join in the distressed persons inner UnderWorld or LowerWorld experience...

if someone could delve deep into her psyche they could do better remedies instead of using meds

If you don't trust a Shaman.. get a professional psychiatrist who favors the Jung school of thought instead of Freud or Skinner
edit on th30144317764425402015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
She is coping much better at the moment, I am hoping it is the antidepressants wearing off.

I promise I will update and respond, sorry if you think I have been rude after you have all taken your time to reply.

Thanks all

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I am a big fan of Shamanic practice - if very experienced, but even when she was well she was scared of meddling with any hallucinogens for obvious reasons.

Thanks though,

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As someone who takes citalopram (in a much larger dosage) if I miss even one pill I have the most insane vivid dreams and nightmares, and my anxiety and ocd get worse. If I miss a few days of pills, I start having paranoid episodes and get panic attacks, etc. I'm not a doctor or anything but from my experience it sounds like these are side effects from her stopping the medication. At one point I stopped taking it because I thought I didn't need it. It needs to be done super gradually, otherwise there is withdrawal symptoms which took me about 3 months to get over. Also I've noticed if I miss a couple doses my depression gets really really bad. As much as I understand not wanting to medicate, it might be her best option for the moment. She needs to talk to her doctor. I don't think she is developing schizophrenia but may just need an adjustment of medication. Some people just need it unfortunately. For example I have a chemical imbalance in my brain and problems with my hormones as well. I have to be on medication to function day to day. I tried for 4 years to do it without medication and it just caused a lot more problems like high blood pressure from being stressed and anxious all the time. I hope she gets better soon and talks to her doctor and maybe they can change her medication.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

Some very good news, They assessed her and don't believe she is developing Schizophrenia, they think it has come on from a life of stress etc.

She is still very concerned obviously, but they were pretty confident that it is OCD, Stress - And that they would have expected to see earlier signs and some signs when talking to her.

Which they haven't seen.

So my darling girl is hopefully going to be ok, given a bit more support and less stress.

Compared to how desperate we felt when starting this thread, things are 100% better - I want to thank each one of you for replying and offering advice and guidance.

If there are any follow up questions from anyone, or any original questions I have missed please remind me and I will answer.

Thanks all

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That's great news, I'm delighted for both of you. I'm sure she's going to be absolutely fine, especially if she gets help managing her obsessive thoughts and just taking one day at a time. She's lucky to have a friend like you who obviously cares so deeply about her.
Sending you both loads of luck and good wishes,

B x

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi,
Schizophrenia runs in my family...I have OCD, depression...but no hallucinations....

Try this link to Brain Allergies... orthomolecular.org...)

See if it makes sense to you/her....

It may be just as simple as removing trigger foods from her diet....

edit on 10/10/2015 by Tarasco because: Formatting
c
edit on 10/10/2015 by Tarasco because: Additional....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join