It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this been debunked?Amazing ufo video!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
Xon

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I remember this movie. It is the famous and fake Ufo video.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Is this what you call and "ad"?! There are strict rules on how any ad must look like , and what their characteristics must be. If they don't keep up with that, the ad is highly illegal. So would this video be, if it really meant to be an ad!!!

You crack me up! There are no strict rules to follow other than trading and television standards and basic ethics. There is nothing wrong in showing a simulated UFO for a channel that specializes in science fiction.

It's a different thing, that Sci-Fi was well paid in order to tune this footage up as a hoax- how shameful!!

ROFL

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Since the footage I've been glossing over is not mentioned on this topic.. I am linking here.. BECAUSE someone in this thread asked about footage anyone has seen that really looked like a UFO.. well..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a page of them...

www.crowdedskies.com...

Look at the second last on the first page.. what about THAT one eh?

(I can't believe we are debating footage where the person in here who believes so strongly that its real ... I mean .. what would it take to convince you that it IS NOT real and that sci-fi isn't 'in on it' - you gotta be doing some sort of internet preformance art .. arn't you .. just admit it)

(just frusterating.. specially when there are such good topics to go over)

HEY! What about these.. www.gaiaguys.net...

I gotta a thing for mexican ufos.. what can I say?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
You crack me up! There are no strict rules to follow other than trading and television standards and basic ethics. There is nothing wrong in showing a simulated UFO for a channel that specializes in science fiction.

Right on: Isn't that beyond the basic ethics to create an ad one month after that attack about an UFO pointing to the crash sites of the Twin Towers?! Nobody in the whole USA would ever let go of such a disgusting ad, if it really WAS an ad!!

Ask yourself: What would you feel, if you lost someone who you love, and you see an ad of a TV channel making that disaster "interesting"?! I believe, tens of thousands have bumped in this video, and nobody could prove that it's a hoax, made by whom, and how much those actors were paid. Conclusively, there is no official evidence that this footage was created in a studio, and no trace of any ad like this!!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Right on: Isn't that beyond the basic ethics to create an ad one month after that attack about an UFO pointing to the crash sites of the Twin Towers?! Nobody in the whole USA would ever let go of such a disgusting ad, if it really WAS an ad!!

Well, it looks like they did

Ask yourself: What would you feel, if you lost someone who you love, and you see an ad of a TV channel making that disaster "interesting"?! I believe, tens of thousands have bumped in this video, and nobody could prove that it's a hoax, made by whom, and how much those actors were paid. Conclusively, there is no official evidence that this footage was created in a studio, and no trace of any ad like this!!

What do you want, the entire production team to come forth and provide you a making of video? I don't think they actually anticipated the need too make one! How wrong were they!

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

RR

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Wow....just wow...

Is it too early to nominate this thread for an Ignorance Embraced award for 2005?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What do you want, the entire production team to come forth and provide you a making of video? I don't think they actually anticipated the need too! How wrong were they!

It is not me, who are looking for explanation, but those few thousand people who lost their loved ones, and are aware of this footage/ad. You know, this is a very disturbing video considering its timing and nature. Not a very good thing to play with the emotions of those involved in this terrorist attack. Many families/individuals have way enough power to demolish SCI-FI channel if it was proven that it's an ad!! I would do the same thing for the sake of my loved ones. And so would you.

After all this, it is not proven that it's a hoax, neither that it's an ad.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It is not me, who are looking for explanation, but those few thousand people who lost their loved ones, and are aware of this footage/ad.

Please link me to the petition. This I got to see.

Many families/individuals have way enough power to demolish SCI-FI channel if it was proven that it's an ad!! I would do the same thing for the sake of my loved ones. And so would you.

For what? Featuring the WTC towers in an ad? Yes you are right, what an awful crime! Burn them! I never watched it anyway.

Actually there is proof that it is fake. And there is proof that it is an ad. There are so many in this thread alone that have seen the ad, including our esteemed Gazrok. Now unless you are claiming they're all lying and are in cahoots with sci fi -- you might have a point

RR

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

What do you want, the entire production team to come forth and provide you a making of video? I don't think they actually anticipated the need too! How wrong were they!

It is not me, who are looking for explanation, but those few thousand people who lost their loved ones, and are aware of this footage/ad. You know, this is a very disturbing video considering its timing and nature. Not a very good thing to play with the emotions of those involved in this terrorist attack. Many families/individuals have way enough power to demolish SCI-FI channel if it was proven that it's an ad!! I would do the same thing for the sake of my loved ones. And so would you.

You DO know that these ads came out sometime in 2000 right? All you gotta do is go look at the "Happens" bulletin board and the first post regarding the ad is September of 2000 a FULL YEAR BEFORE the tragic events of 9/11! Now how EXACTLY is that "playing on the emotions" of those involved?

Again, Ignorance EMBRACED!

[edit on 3-1-2005 by RR]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RR
You DO know that these ads came out sometime in 2000 right? All you gotta do is go look at the "Happens" bulletin board and the first post regarding the ad is September of 2000 a FULL YEAR BEFORE the tragic events of 9/11! Now how EXACTLY is that "playing on the emotions" of those involved?

Again, Ignorance EMBRACED!

[edit on 3-1-2005 by RR]

Check my previous posts!! I know that it's not a 911 ad. Sci-fi announced this on its site on October 2001. Not before. Many people saw this footage before 911, so did I. But some people are convinced that this ad is post 911, and it was hoaxed in a studio.

Now that it is proven to be PRE 911, how could it be a work of art? How could they locate the crash points of those jetliners, just for an ad?!

RR

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Again just take a look at THIS page and take note of the date of the very first post regarding the "UFO" ad titled "What the FRELL???!!!" it's SEPTEMBER 29, 2000! So I can't for the life of me see how anyone in their right mind could or would think it had ANYTHING to do with the events of 9/11/2001.

Now that it is proven to be PRE 911, how could it be a work of art? How could they locate the crash points of those jetliners, just for an ad?!

I have no idea what you mean by this, really. Fact is these ADS were produced and aired in SEPTEMBER OF 2000 and have absolutely nothing to do with 9/11/2001.

But some people are convinced that this ad is post 911, and it was hoaxed in a studio.

Who are these people and where is this being discussed? I've never heard one word that anyone believes this ad was made by Sci Fi to somehow capitalize on 9/11. This just makes no sense to me whatsoever and quite frankly you guys are making my brain hurt with your continued insistance that this 4 year old advertisement is anything other than an admitted HOAX.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Does anyone feel it is misleading for SCI-FI to say before the footage: "The following footage was recently obtained by SCI-FI" if it's an "add" ?

If they say they "obtained" the footage but it was just their own making is this then calling the footage what it is?

Is it an add in the sense that they obtained a piece of footage and then aired it as a commercial for an upcomming program filled with "send us your material" kind of private footage

or

Is it an add in the sense that it was created by SCI-FI themselves to "stimulate" viewers to send in their material?

I don't know if this video is fake, but from what we have come up with together, I see two possibilities:

1) SCI-FI made it themselves but told the viewing audience "Obtained by SCI-FI"
2) A viewer did sent in the video and SCI-FI and then the question becomes who and is it real?

As I posted earlier SCI-FI is owned by NBC Universal. IF they are now creating their own false footage and announsing it as "recently obtained by SCI-FI" it's obvious this is a deliberate campaign to mislead the viewing audience. Would this be the beginning preperation for a growing UFO hype ending in a staged alien attack? Why did Wernher Von Braun:
liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...
on his death bed back in 1970 warn that first we would be told we needed a missile defence because of the Soviet threath, then because of terrorists, next because of "nations of concern" and the final reason would be "the alien threath"....and that all of it would be a big lie?

Did we hear his warning or are we just being ignorant when we laugh because we can't deal with this possibility...

Is SCI-FI lying or is the footage real?
If they are lying, are they prepping us for our future...

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Go back to the very beginning of the clip and look at the upper left hand corner of the two towers descending from right to left. Watching over and over again one is able to discern 3 distinct white streaks. The impression I get is that there were even more white streaks and that is what Barbara and her friend were observing when she asked "are you getting all of this?" She misses the first 2 of the streaks I see and then when the third streak (apparently only I and maybe her friend see) is descending her attention has shifted to the UFO that first had passed, unnoticed by them, between the towers during the first two streaks.

www.youtube.com...

They were surprised by the appearance of the UFO next to the tower. they were watching many streaks before the beginning of this 30 second clip.

Why aren't the streaks ever discussed afterwards? Where is the rest of the film that shows the streaks that were happening before this portion of the clip?

Even if CGI were that good in 2000 the "acting" isn't consistent with the alleged ploy of the clip. "Are you getting all of this" referred to repeated white streaks. And there were many more than the three that can be detected in this short clip. The single close up of the UFO became the focus, and as amazing as it was, the white streaks took the back seat when Barbara and her friend approached Sci-Fi. Later when Barbara and her friend were convinced to recant she never elaborated on whether the streaks were part of the hoax, she never even mentioned the less than apparent white streaks. It is obvious to me that when she says "are you getting all of this" she is referring to white streaks. The story never went far enough to where they had a chance to explain the white streaks which are very subtle in the context of this clip. The "whole story" was squelched.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join