It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this been debunked?Amazing ufo video!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was surfin around the other day,came upon "eBaum's world" and downloaded a ufo video there.
It appears to have been on a T.V show,but i dont speak the language,and i have never seen this video here in america.Was wondering if anyone else has seen this video,and wondering if it has been discussed or debunked on here before.

media.ebaumsworld.com...

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i believe that video was an advert for the sci fi channel

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I do seem to remember something about that...I know we've discussed it before... Nice to see it again though. Time to look for confirmation of the hoax though....

EDIT: Partial debunking, even on Rense...

www.rense.com...

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Do you know when it was used?i watch Sci-fi alot and have never seen it before.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have proof that I am psychic. I knew it was the sci fi advert before I even clicked on the topic. Oh yes, it's been debunked, it's pretty darn obvious it's a fake.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I have proof that I am psychic. I knew it was the sci fi advert before I even clicked on the topic. Oh yes, it's been debunked, it's pretty darn obvious it's a fake.

Well,i had never seen it before,thought it was pretty neat and i would throw it up here for my fellow ats members to look over.thnx for the info

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
No problem. I'm sure many others who haven't seen it before would make the same judgement... Thanks for asking your fellow ATS'ers...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
THANKS FOR THE AWESOME LINK SAMHAIN

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If the Alien presence is the greatest Security threat to the establishment, at what lenght will they distort, mislead and cover-up? Should we underestimate their ability to confuse and debunk?

Consider this:
How many UFO videos have you seen where the UFO leaves a vapor trail?
If the video is faked, wouldn't it have looked more like the other videos without the vapor trail?
Is that vapor trail easy to create in such a video where the camera shakes?

If you wanted to create a fake UFO video, would you create a vapor trail tailing the UFO and thereby:
1) Making it look different from other UFO videos, which in itself could make the viewers question it?
2) Making it more complicated (perhaps more expensive) to create

Does putting the UFO behind the towers and between them, make it unnessary difficult ?

Where does the "it's only a commercial" really come from? Does this look like a commercial to anybody? SCI-FI didn't use it as a commercial, so what would the given company be selling? Intergalactic Cornflakes? We can see that their logo is not on this version of the footage.

....a commercial?

If we do not apply the same level of scepticism to the debunking explanation and who puts them out, are we going about our research in a way that will leave us with a truthful conclusion?

There's healty scepticism and unhealty scepticism.

I don't know if this video is fake or real, but nothing I have read so far has convinced me that it's a fake.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yeah, this clip is a highly cropped version of that one purported to be an advertisement for the sci-fi channel.

The whole sequence is mighty interesting and it would have been hard to fake. But, who knows how genuine anything is ??

I didn't save the URL to that clip.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From what I recall,the woman that was in the helicopter was an actress and stated that it was a skit done for Sci-Fi.Still,it was really awesome looking,they did a good job.

RR

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There were a series of those ads for the Sci Fi channel, there was this one and two more that I remember one of which was ladybugs swarming a family picnic and another where a guy fell into a power transformer and instantly gained some sort power where he became sort of a human magnet.

All these ads had the sci fi network logo hidden within the ad that were actually quite clever. In the UFO video the vapor trail actually makes up the logo as the "ufo" speeds away from the helicopter it's trail circles a cloud forming the logo. In the ladybug ad just as one of the "family members" drops the camera to run away in fear, the camera lands on the table showing the ladybugs circling each other to make up the logo.

These ads were quickly pulled though because they were at the time presented as something "real" by the network and viewers were directed to the network's website to discuss these new "events". The problem however was that the ads were such obvious fakes that the channel's website message board members caused a small furor over them and were saying that sci fi was hurting real research by putting the fake stuff out there.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The above poster is correct....

Where does the "it's only a commercial" really come from? Does this look like a commercial to anybody? SCI-FI didn't use it as a commercial, so what would the given company be selling? Intergalactic Cornflakes? We can see that their logo is not on this version of the footage.

For the network itself...same as the ones with the old oriental guy having a dragon mouth come out of his head, or the guy having a dinner party with the animals from his numerous tattoos....

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If we do not apply the same level of scepticism to the debunking explanation and who puts them out, are we going about our research in a way that will leave us with a truthful conclusion?

I don't know if this video is fake or real, but nothing I have read so far has convinced me that it's a fake.

Sincerly

I seem to assume that everyone will see what I see. I have covered this video on several forums already and debunked it. This was even before I learnt it was a sci-fi ad. I am still surprised how anyone can take it seriously. I personally think it's horribly been done.

You should really see the full version. It will become very obvious how staged it is. The camera is mounted on a tripod(it does not shake) and it's movements follow the "UFO" fluidly. The UFO itself, which looks like a poorly computer rendered blob(for lack of better terms) waits on cue(seemingly attached to the building) before the woman takes note of it. The first to take note of the UFO would be the pilot. The woman actually takes note of it when she begins to take a photograph with a still camera. However the acting and direction is so poor, the camera barely touches her eyes, and she swifly moves it away and declares the UFO presence.

The vapor trail is computer generated. It's simple to do in video editing software. You should note the inconsistencies: The UFO initially bullets to the right across the sky without producing a sound or vapor trail. However, when it zooms in an arc and shoots into the sky, there is a sound and a vapor trail. It's really a very shoddy production. I am not sure why some people take it seriously.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by defrag99

Yeah, this clip is a highly cropped version of that one purported to be an advertisement for the sci-fi channel.

The whole sequence is mighty interesting and it would have been hard to fake. But, who knows how genuine anything is ??

I didn't save the URL to that clip.

I don't think that this UFO video is fake... few days after the WTC attack I have seen snapshots of this video in an UFO magazine, which proves that it was made before 911. Other magazines already brought it up BEFORE 911, proving that it's not a hoax defining 911 alien activities.

So what's such a coincidence of any hoax UFO video inviting us to the crash sites of two jetliners predicting a major terrorist attack? I have a clear version of this video, and I know that it's very important to keep up the belief that it's definately a hoax, and has nothing to do with 911.

Just think: the War on terrorism, the oil, the resources, the power, etc.. I could go on for a while. Of course, it's far easier to believe that it's a hoax, and humans rule the World, isn't it?!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I thought I saw before where this video was debunked, but this article seems to indicate the jury's still out on this one.

www.247news.net...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Everyone can stop debating the video clip. As has been said, and which I can verify personally, it was a commercial among a small number created by the Sci-Fi Channel.

Due to the extremely high "interest" that it created (unsurprisingly to those who didn't have the Sci-Fi Channel), the Sci-F- Channel themselves posted a clarification on their website stating that the footage was a commercial marketing gimmick.

They obviously did such a good job, as the average viewer did not make out how the Sci-Fi logo appeared in each one.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, the Sci-Fi Channel to this very day is still creating brilliant "shorts" that are placed between their programming.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Sincerly

I seem to assume that everyone will see what I see. I have covered this video on several forums already and debunked it. This was even before I learnt it was a sci-fi ad. I am still surprised how anyone can take it seriously. I personally think it's horribly been done.

You should really see the full version. It will become very obvious how staged it is. The camera is mounted on a tripod(it does not shake) and it's movements follow the "UFO" fluidly. The UFO itself, which looks like a poorly computer rendered blob(for lack of better terms) waits on cue(seemingly attached to the building) before the woman takes note of it. The first to take note of the UFO would be the pilot. The woman actually takes note of it when she begins to take a photograph with a still camera. However the acting and direction is so poor, the camera barely touches her eyes, and she swifly moves it away and declares the UFO presence.

The vapor trail is computer generated. It's simple to do in video editing software. You should note the inconsistencies: The UFO initially bullets to the right across the sky without producing a sound or vapor trail. However, when it zooms in an arc and shoots into the sky, there is a sound and a vapor trail. It's really a very shoddy production. I am not sure why some people take it seriously.

Hello Indigo

How do we know this was a SCI-FI ad? Where can we see the "ad version"? Your description of the womans moves and actions might be corresponding with the movie, but I'm not sure what it tells us, what it proves?

She takes a picture with her camera barely touching her eyes? We're watching a movie where a woman sees a UFO and we debunk it because her eyes does not touch the camera when she snaps a photo? If we are really going to approach an analazys of this movie on this "level" I would suggest that any action on the part of any human starring into a craft from another civilisation that could be described as "normal" or as "making sence" would be unbelieveble. At face to face, I'm not sure I could operate a one button camera.

I don't know if this movie is fake or real, but if the authensicity is to be determined, it's not going to be from evaluating the behavior of the people inside the heli, for the very logical reason that none of us would know what a normal behavior would be in such a situation.

If the camera moves sideways from left to right inside the helicopter how could it be mounted on a tripod? It also appears to move in different heights inside the heli (taking into account the zooming in and out). Does the footage not suggest it is handheld? By "shake" I mean "thrown around" trying to catch the object, not as in "earthquake" vibrations.

If the population waking up to the alien precense is the greatest threat to the powerful few, shouldn't we expect convincing disinfo to be spread from highly trustworth sources? And if so how do we really go about determening the authenticity of video material? If the military industrial complex and big media can keep a lid on the precense of our guests for 50 years, using ridicule as their most powerful weapon, are we supposed to be surprised if they can come up with a "video expert" that can say 4 words for them:"It is a fake" ?

The article www.247news.net... raises more than a few interesting questions.

Sincerly

Cade

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Cade]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
"The following footage was recently obtained by SCI-FI"
Is this informing us that it is an ad? According to SCI-FI this footage was sent to them from private people. www.scifi.com... (which is also the adress at the end of the movie.
I'm starting to suspect a souce of confusion on the "It was an ad" arguement. Consider that SCI-FI showed this footage from a private source as a "promo", but as real footage, not a computer generated one. "This footage was recently obtained by SCI-FI" matches up quite well doesn't it?

BARBARA SICURANZA lists the video on her website as:
"SCI-FI Promo (The Blimp)"
www.mysteriousmysteries.com...

On SCI-FI a poster wrote this:
bboard.scifi.com...

Date: 10/04/2000

This is truly an intriguing piece of film. It is unfortunate that the clarity isn't very good using the quicktime viewer. However, in regards to a comment on the "phoniness" of the jet contrail of smoke; if anything, this is the feature that makes the video most credible. It is NOT an exhaust plume, nor are the contrails seen in our skies behind recognizeable aircraft exhaust plumes. These are condensation streams resulting from warmer water vapour in colder air pockets/altitudes cooling rapidly via contact with a colder surface, ie. an aircraft's outer shell. Anyhow, if this video proves to be credible...it will be very important for UFO researchers.

P.S. The jet noise it makes when passing by the helicopter at highspeed is associative of a sonic boom, ie. the noise the air makes rushing in to fill the empty airspace behind which a quickly moving object leaves.

Sincerly

Cade

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Cade]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join