It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Updates Stylebook With ‘Guidance’ on Individuals ‘Who Don’t Accept Climate Science’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't consider myself a doubter or skeptic of climate change in that I don't disagree that the climate changes, however, I don't believe that climate change is necessarily man made. I don't believe that 'climate science' is a real science, but one funded by the U.N. and other NWO powers that wish to enslave the population and use it to enrich themselves.

That being said this change in guidance has been made entirely to ramp up the pressure and attack those that have not yet been brainwashed by the global elite in to believing in man made climate change.

The change is to call people like me 'doubters' instead of skeptics. They say calling people like me skeptics somehow gives us some kind of legitimacy that we don't deserve. I guess we are to be further shamed and ridiculed because we don't accept the official narrative.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting to share with my friends on ATS.

“We are adding a brief description of those who don’t accept climate science or dispute the world is warming from man-made forces,” Colford wrote. “Our guidance is to use climate change doubters or those who reject mainstream climate science and to avoid the use of skeptics or deniers.”

Sourc e
edit on 2015/9/23 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Soon it well be an arrest able offence, or at least a new mental illness!

Not joking!

Scientists ask Obama for RICO investigation to end climate debate

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It's interesting that supposed "free thinkers" are condemning skeptics (who are free thinking) about man made climate change. Forget being arrested, they'd burn us at the stake if it weren't for the carbon footprint it'd leave.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Fascists, how come people cant accept any more that we can think what the hell we want. My brain is mine. Disagree or not, I dont care. Just dont force your views on me. Its getting like Nazi Germany. We will be locked up for having an opinion. This is the death of free thinking.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Not joking!

fantastic!!....ignorance to accept science should be a lock-up offense, just like not paying your taxes for grazing your cattle on government land for 20 years, or, not fulfilling your government job description as a county clerk in Kentucky, while still collecting the salary attached to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: brancolinoxx
Fascists, how come people cant accept any more that we can think what the hell we want. My brain is mine. Disagree or not, I dont care. Just dont force your views on me. Its getting like Nazi Germany. We will be locked up for having an opinion. This is the death of free thinking.

and yet, here you are. freely expressing your opinion....

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: seeker1963

Not joking!

fantastic!!....ignorance to accept science should be a lock-up offense, just like not paying your taxes for grazing your cattle on government land for 20 years, or, not fulfilling your government job description as a county clerk in Kentucky, while still collecting the salary attached to it.

Care to address my OP or deflect from it by bringing up issues that are irrelevant to the discussion?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

fantastic!!....ignorance to accept science should be a lock-up offense

What is more dangerous to society? A climate denier or a fascist that wants to be the thought police?

I know what I think.
edit on 2015/9/23 by Metallicus because: Fixed My Wording to be T&C friendly

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
‘Guidance’ on Individuals ‘Who Don’t Accept Climate Science’

I do not have discussions with fools!
Sleep with dogs, wake with fleas.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I refuse to call it anything other than what it is - POLLUTION.

Giving it a 'new' label, only incites fear for profit.

Carbon credits won't make things 'cleaner' or even less expensive...the only ones making out are those selling not just the idea of 'global warming' - but those selling the credits.

Take a look, stand back and look at the entire picture..

Remember, people respond to reward far more quickly than punishment, and the prior will have the desired effect far more quickly, and at a far lower cost than the scare mongering or profiteering from the highly questionable 'carbon credit/global warming' scheme.

Think.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ill just leave this here

new topics

top topics

join