It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Dropping Out Of Race

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: amazing

I think at this point it doesn't matter who you pick on the left they won.

If the polls are any accurate indicator, I believe you are correct. Both Sanders and Clinton are ahead of Trump and the rest of the field.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If the polls are any accurate indicator, I believe you are correct. Both Sanders and Clinton are ahead of Trump and the rest of the field.

Although it would be much easier to "Swift Boat" Hillary than Sanders.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The only Rep who seems normal (meaning acceptable to the mainstream) is John Kasich and he doesn;'t have a chance in hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Not necessarily. The GOP has been attacking Hillary since her husband was in office. While the base eats-it-up, the rest of us are pretty much immune and dismiss it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Not necessarily. The GOP has been attacking Hillary since her husband was in office. While the base eats-it-up, the rest of us are pretty much immune and dismiss it.

I think it has an effect on some of the moderates though. I could be wrong, even my perception of Hillary is changing.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The reps have damaged their reputation. They allowed themselves to be taken over by the extreme right and that does no one any good. The moderate Republicans are fine I guess. They however are just drowned out by the noise that is the mainstream Republican base.

That is Why they can't win, they have alienated themselves not only from other parties, but the moderates in their own party as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The reps have damaged their reputation. They allowed themselves to be taken over by the extreme right and that does no one any good. The moderate Republicans are fine I guess. They however are just drowned out by the noise that is the mainstream Republican base.

That is Why they can't win, they have alienated themselves not only from other parties, but the moderates in their own party as well.

Completely true.

I know a few people and have been lucky enough to sit in on a few discussions and this is exactly the sort of talk I hear from them. Many true conservatives and moderate republicans would jump ship in a heartbeat if there was another party to support that already had some sort of powerbase. Until then, they will play the game needed with the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Speaking of the debate, I though Christie came across as strong and likable

This is my least favorite of the GOP candidates. I can't stand this guy.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Likewise talk about a closet democrat.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Hip Hip Hooray! So glad that rotten ba•stard is out. Hip Hip Hooray. Next Christie, then Bush...we'll go from there.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

How can right wing politics be so much more complicated than left-wing and yet be completely stupid? It is mind-boggling how big of a hole they dug for themselves. We might be hearing the dying cries of an ideology.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

How can right wing politics be so much more complicated than left-wing and yet be completely stupid? It is mind-boggling how big of a hole they dug for themselves. We might be hearing the dying cries of an ideology.

LoL,
I guess they've lost that Luvving feeling!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
The only Rep who seems normal (meaning acceptable to the mainstream) is John Kasich and he doesn;'t have a chance in hell.

I am not sure about that, he impressed me in the first debate, and outside of his odd hispanic comments the other day, hasn't really said anything overly stupid. Didn't we go through much of this same routine in 2012?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Carson's campaign manager today said that the Doc would not apologize because the Repub base supports them 80 - 20%. This would scare the hell out me if I were an establishment Republican.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

A union buster and Koch lap dog is a closet democrat?

LOL!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: neo96

A union buster and Koch lap dog is a closet democrat?

LOL!

Miss what the ACA did to unions?

Want to see what universal healthcare, and a $15 bucks and hour wage does to unions ?

That is SOME union busting right there.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you gonna be a pro-union guy now since dems are anti-union?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I am not sure about that, he impressed me in the first debate, and outside of his odd hispanic comments the other day, hasn't really said anything overly stupid. Didn't we go through much of this same routine in 2012?

That's the point. Out of the whole field he hasn't "said anything overly stupid".

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's not so much this "A Muslim shouldn't be president" controversy by itself. It's that Carson is a total amateur to have stepped in this and to not be able to spin his way out.

Also, despite his resume he doesn't read as very bright. And he's Seventh Day Adventist which is as far off the wall as being Mormon. He's not politically adroit and could make some kind of weird religious statement under pressure.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It’s all about the money.

If you don’t have money coming in, in a serious presidential candidacy you have to quit.

People don’t realize that in these elections the people who run these things are paid very well

When the cash dries up you can’t pay your campaign staff there no choice but to

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join