It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An amazing thing is happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have been hearing a lot of BS about how this tsunami is a beaken for the worse. But if you would take a look at reality instead of your silly theories. you will see something amazing happening. The tsunamis have awaken the spirit of humanity, all over the world you will see people praying, chipping in, raising money doing anything they can to help those affected by the tsunami. For the first time since I can remember being alive I never seen so much unity, Not even as much as this after 9/11, this has the whole world united in some way or another. This tragedy has brought the very best of of human nature out of us, and truly defines what separates humans from animals. Debunk me go ahead, But you will be contradicting your self, when you say deny ignorance. I am just denying others ignorance and I stand for those who lent there thoughts, prayers, money to those who were affected by the tsunami.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hey, wait a minute, are you trying to spread some good news here in ATS? This place is like the evening news - only depressing stories fly.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I agree with you.The whole world has united to help those in need. Just this morning(I'm from singapore) while reading the newspaper, almost all the New Year celebrations throughout the world has been a tribute, or remembrance, or anyting related to the victims of he disaster.Some countries(Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei etc.) even cancelled their celebrations in respect for the victims. Please, if anybody can just put in a little bit more effort in helping and uniting humanity, i'm sure the world would be a much better place.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
well, not here in Croatia, noone gives a sh#$ about it, of course there are people like me who care, but very few as far as I can see. Other day I was talking with a friend of mine and he knew only what he heared on news and he for instance could not care less. However, what you are saying is mostly true

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
And then there is Iraq.

Humanity is not united and will not be with the current status quo in control of the earth.

Being a species with a far higher intellect with more powerful emotions such as the ability to have far reaching compassion does separate us from other animals, but we are still animals. I haven't yet noticed anything spiritual about man in this tragedy at all either.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The end of the world would have come if there were a series of unprecedented destructions that led to millions of lifes lost. The Indian Tsunami incident, although one of the most important events that happened lately, it is not one of the deadliest. For example, in 1976, an EQ in China had over 700,000 dead.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
People are praying, they're united somewhat, true. Its also amazing that the war on terror is on the back burner for these few days, any Bushisms will not be noticed and any scandals can now be hushed for a few days too.

Then you have those people vacationing at the very spots were nearly a million human beings perished, sunnying themselves without a care in the world, and apparently, the deaths were just an inconvenience to their Holidays.

While i'd like to think like you do, there's a part of me that cant.

Human beings dont learn.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Hey, wait a minute, are you trying to spread some good news here in ATS? This place is like the evening news - only depressing stories fly.

haha. I liked that. actually very true... Hell I never care for the cheery stuff, only the bad, fringe topics.

But iksmodnad, way to go. there is truth in what you say too. This will be an event remember thoughout histroy as days of great disaster and sadness, and as days of when many different people from different countries and languages, came together and helped the unfortunate people in the disaster areas. I would actually help out. But I barely make enough to keep myself fed. all I can do give my "verbal" support

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks for every one who was open minded about this, and I promise I'll be open minded about your stuff.

First off the war.
The Iraqi war is something that is hard for me to keep my eye open on, because I like many others see it as the right war, even if you disagree with me. Here is my logic behind it, After 9/11 we launched the war on terrorism. This would include enemies foreign and abroad. The bush administration seen Saddam as a threat, at the time thinking he had weapons of mass destruction, that was our original excuse for going in. So we went in kicked some @ss and we loose a few hundred people (at first), not to think of lives as numbers but 100's even 1000's really isn't that much for a war. Now 2 years later from the start of the war, 1000's of US solders dead in Iraq no WMD's, Saddam out of power. People are looking for a scape goat, to blame the loss of 1000's of troops I believe that scape goat is bush and thats why he is under so much heat but we are no longer fighting the country of Iraq we are fighting terrorist who went to Iraq to fight us. Now there are two sides on this those who are for the war (me) and those who are against it. Both sides cannot agree on anything because most people refuse to be open minded about it because they so strongly believe their right. What it comes down to is both sides are half wrong, if it were not for the people who say wrong war, wrong place, wrong time the people for the war would go too far and loose even more people. The two sides keep each other in line. That my friends is a democracy.

thats basically my logic behind it, not saying its right not saying its wrong just my opinion.

Anyway back on topic terrorist are the closest you can get to an animal in human form not literally but technically. We are eliminating them all over the world, yes there are humans in Iraq that are less than human thier the very people who cut Innocent peoples head off and put it all over the Internet for curious teenagers to see. their the people who who selfishly blow up their selfs not caring if there are children beside them. There the people who we are fighting in Iraq, in other words why chase the terrorist when they are coming to us.

The tsunamis have affected America, most of the world thinks that were burger chomping, obeast, gas hogging, stupid no good for nothing war causing pigs, who don't give a crap about any one but our selfs. If you think that I hate to break it to you but you are wrong. Sure there are some better places to live than America but that doesn't mean were the stereo typical aholes were thought as. In America ever one is involved and trying to help those affected by the tsunami. People are donating to charities, volunteering to go over and help look for survivors, and we can not stop thinking about it it all thats on the news 24/7 and our so "evil and corrupt government" contributing 30 million dollars in initial relief, with more on the way and supplying transoportation and relif workers that are not included in that coast. Do you see the NWO or a careing nation?

MiTo:
You care about it so there fore like i said in some way your country has united with the rest of the world. I am sure there are some people who stopped and thought about it. Caring about it does not neccacerly donating 1000's of dollars. As long as you thought about it and understand and give your heart toward those affected you have been awaken with the fact of what it means to be human.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The widely claimed notion that foreign fighters are flocking to Iraq does not appear to hold up to reality. At least one U.S. military strategist has been quoted as such after the all out attack upon Fallujah which was claimed to be a foreign insurgent stronghold.

Link

Of the some 1,000 people detained by the US military after fighting in Fallujah fewer than two percent are of foreign origin, Smith said.

Thats probably as far as we'll ever get concerning the reality of the rebellion in Iraq. Its not a fight against foreign terrorists. Its a fight against desperate Iraqis.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by heelstone]

Odd

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Human beings dont learn.

Yes they bloody well do... look at a space shuttle, a nuclear reactor, or a frigging horse-and-buggy and tell me that human beings don't learn.

Just because many of them are very, very dumb doesn't mean we as a species are incapable of the retention of knowledge.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This tragedy may have brought the world together, but why must it take a tragedy to bring us together? Why can't we be united the entire time? That is what worries me...it will be the true destruction of humanity. The world will go on spinning and heal itself after we are gone.

Woohoo!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
iksmodnad

Just one life lost in war is too much. Also maybe you shouldnt be so bias because of that video you saw. I seen some things but that video was gruesome to say the least, and doesn�t mean that the US army and the British haven�t done worse, they probably have, they just wouldn�t broadcast it in the way, as another member put it, these very desperate Iraqi's have done.

The word insurgent infuriates me.

The world pulling together like this is nothing new really, its nice when it does happen, gives you a feeling of unity, makes you feel like there is some hope for us all as a planet, but the truth is in a couple of months it will be old news and we will all be killing each other again. Dont get me wrong, i feel for these people just as i did for all the other tragedy�s that have happened.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
out of every thing you just said i only agree with on thing.

"Just one life lost in war is too much"

And thats why we shouldn't think in numbers and why i said in my post "not to think of these people in numbers"

but hey, drawl your own conclusions i stated mine and you can not change my mind as i cannot change yours.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The ones we have now are only unique to our times. But of course our times are unique because of our advanced technology. No other generations of the human race have had the capabilities that we have. More of that technology should be used toward equality of conditions among nations (like weather warning systems for all countries, for example), than toward creating new and imaginative ways to kill one another. Banding together AFTER a tragedy is not near as effective as preventing or lessening it to start with.

But enuf of that, here's a link to some past disasters...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
dude you are completeley right i have never seen such an effort to raise money for somthing ever since well ever!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You say one life to lose in a war is to much.

1 a (1) : a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations (2) : a period of such armed conflict

Only two definitions for the many that come along with the word War. In these days, it has become a part of life. The above definition kind of suggests at people getting hurt.

And this is what I hate the most about the whiny liberals. Whiny anyones. AMERICA IS AT WAR PEOPLE. It seems as if I am sometimes I am talking to children. PEOPLE DIE IN WAR. Simple fact. True with every case. I don't necessarily see why this thread has gone towards the rape going on in Irag we call a war on terrorism. Right now that doesn't matter. Deal with it folks. Life sucks, sometimes you come up on top, sometimes you don't.

top topics

join