It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elaborate Media Hoax: 14 Year Old Arrested for Bringing Clock to School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
We need to be smart. This could have been a test run. Don't you know that many may now be reluctant to speak up if the see some "science project" coming into class. In a future case a student could come in with something unaware that it could be remotely set off. We have seen parents do this. We have seen 2nd generations folks born and educated here do this. We have no reason to be ashamed of caution and every reason to watch out who seeks to coddle this kid.

Did you just suggest this was a test run for the kids parents so they could secretly give him a bomb they could remote detonate later without him knowing about it?

If that's the level of vigilance you want in the schools I'm sure you're all for a backpack check of each student before school begins each day right? Or do you only want that for the Muslims?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I think some conservative thought this story was an Islamic plot to raise awareness and sympathy for Arabs, and so they took a picture of another alarm clock's circuit board and started spreading false rumors.

I think the picture of the clock from the original thread is more likely to be accurate and it fits the facts better. Thanks for pointing this out
edit on 19amSat, 19 Sep 2015 09:29:14 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 19amSat, 19 Sep 2015 09:29:32 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Take heed this has become a perfect left/right divide and conquer example. Not going to be the end of up especially when there's profiting all around from such media hyped incidents. Sad, where it should not have been so.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I hope I'm just misreading the signs, but this thread (and a lot of the discussion in general about this story) has a strong whiff of prejudice.

I only make this comment because it's increasingly obvious to me that closed mindedness will only make the problem worse.
edit on 19-9-2015 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I gave you a star for your open mindedness and impartial "look" at the story.

I'll admit i lean right...and that this entire story didn't sound right from the beginning to me. The trouble is, most of us want wrongs righted; we don't want to see bigotry and the ugly side of human nature. So when it has been discovered that the "bigotry" was a manufactured stunt (the Twitter photo of the familia Mohamed, all smiles and flashing "V" for victory--we're gonna be rich!--captioned on our way to our lawyers office) many of us recoil. The pater Mohamed is a Sudanese (and Muslim) political activist. His first phone call (by his own statements) was to CAIR. All the familiar political memes were hit (yea trip to White House! Hillary tweeted! Woo boo!)

And what is the fall out? Well, the taxpayers of Arlington Texas will no doubt be paying a settlement of some kind. Some police officers (who risk their lives daily) will have some sort of reprimand in the HR files for dealing with a little smart ass kid; the teachers involved in this case will be billed as racist/islamophobes for doing their jobs per a myriad of post 9/11 "if you see something, say something" training; some deserving TRUE genius type kid will get knocked of the que for the UNT STEM program to make way for Ahmed; and Mr Mohamed, Sr will probably get a talking head gig on cable TV as some kind of islamo-expert.

IMO, many people who really were just living a routine day, now have their reputations besmirched by the Mohamed family scam. And as always, some legitimately harmed person will later suffer because public sympathies were betrayed by the Mohamed boy who cried "clock."

edit on 19-9-2015 by Glinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I work with an ex-bomb tech who said the thing the kid built/pieced together is only missing one part to be an actual explosive device.

He stated that the thing the kid had contained a Power source, Initiator, and a Switch. He said the only thing missing was an Explosive compound.

The acronym used to describe what is needed to make Improvised Explosive Devices is PIES.

Just some possible relevant information I thought I would add to the discussion.
edit on 19-9-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
his father is a presidential candidate for Sudan ,is obama helping get a another stooge running a muslim country?
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't know about that, I think it's just a case of the media running with a story because Islam was attached to it.

Well we all know the kid got a White House visit simply because 'Islam' was attached to it.

On topic:

All media is elaborate. It's only function is to act like a magnfying glass to focus any given subject, and people do get burned.

Lots of them.

The funniest part here is the majority of people say the media 'can't be' trusted.

Then go along with stories such as the op. They 'trust' it completely.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Has anyone ACTUALLY analyzed this "clock" of his? The only confirmation it is a clock HE built is his story. I built a mini working volcano when I was a kid, not as a project, not for extra credit, just because it was fun to do. I brought it into school, and got to demonstrate it to the class. But then, that was a time that not every kid got a trophy for showing up or breathing. You actually had to EARN them, by winning at something that they KEPT SCORE of to determine who deserved a trophy and who needed to try harder, or practice more to be better for the next time.

Hmmm....president never invited ME to the White House! I never got any offers from major colleges for it....Perhaps I should not be an agnostic. If I convert, perhaps I too can get special treatment?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh my God! such a Machiavellian plot from start to finish,....according to the Young Conservatives that is.

This youngster has to face going back to school, is going to face charges of some sort, and is being painted the ultimate fly-guy by the YC. If he is so fly, you wudda thought he could realise the consequences of his actions, and the aftermath as well. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it...not?
What does makes sense is that these YC's conception of the tale, is that of a bunch of bird brains.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If my memory serves me correctly, there was a high school student that was arrested at his in West Virginia (I think?) for wearing an NRA t-shirt not that long ago.
Why didn't he get an invite to the White House?

I guess he wasn't a Muslim.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
listen.....i knew as soon as i read the kids name and what he did this story would blow up, pun intended. You can say anything you want......this kid and his family are neck deep in psyops propaganda.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The rights MO again. Minority gets arrested...attack minority, belittle minority in order to justify arrest.

WASH RINSE AND REPEAT..

And remember how they get tired of being labeled racist...gee why is that.
edit on 19-9-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
The rights MO again. Minority gets arrested...attack minority, belittle minority in order to justify arrest.

WASH RINSE AND REPEAT..

Problem with that is 'muslim' is not a race.

Religion is a CHOICE.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

WASH RINSE AND REPEAT..

Problem with that is 'muslim' is not a race.

Religion is a CHOICE.

Oh yeah forgot to mention bigots...thank you..

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I work with an ex-bomb tech who said the thing the kid built/pieced together is only missing one part to be an actual explosive device.

He stated that the thing the kid had contained a Power source, Initiator, and a Switch. He said the only thing missing was an Explosive compound.

The acronym used to describe what is needed to make Improvised Explosive Devices is PIES.

Just some possible relevant information I thought I would add to the discussion.

Except for the fact that it's in a pencil case, It's an off-the-shelf clock...smh

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Of course his name would be Ahmed Mohammed.
Not to be confused the other 2,242,689 men by the same name.
Just another fluff piece to fulfill an agenda.
FYI - I hate alarm clocks. They certainly don't need re-inventing.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

If this isn't a completely fabricated propaganda piece, I don't know what is.

Wow. Just wow. Some of you guys are reading way too much into this.

You need to understand the fundamentals: Some Americans really are so stupid that they would believe some little brown kid would bring a bomb into a school. Yes. It's true.

Some Americans have extremely high levels of ignorance and stupidity. Yes, some Americans really are that stupid.

And now the stunningly stupid Sarah Palin comes out and says the kid was asking for it bringing his stupid clock to school. I'm seriously starting to think America will literally implode upon itself with the amount of stupidity floating around in the country. It's getting that bad.

Just learn to accept the truth. "Deny Ignorance"? Get it?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

So here we have a story about a faux "genius boy" who was wrongfully arrested, even though the police admittedly knew better,

Yes...Larry Boyd, the Police Chief of Irving Texas is participant in a secret plot to provoke sympathy for American boys of middle eastern descent.

It all makes sense now!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

On the other hand, the police did arrest him and I don't doubt that his ethnicity and religion played some part in the decision. There's been no claims from the police or the school that he misrepresented the device in any way at all. So in that regard, it's kind of a brilliant bit of social engineering because without the police overreacting and arresting him, there'd have been no story.

I suppose if they believed he was trying to create fear and panic it would be a legit arrest, the engineering teacher told him not to carry it around and show anyone else he clearly believed it would cause fear and panic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join