It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elaborate Media Hoax: 14 Year Old Arrested for Bringing Clock to School

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

I have family members diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, and I didn't even think about that. Thanks for that.
I just can't fathom why so many posters are anti-intellect. How many kids shows revolve around the boy genius bringing that one amazing item to a science fare? But this kid brings a clock and people lose their freaking minds.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackmoonJester
a reply to: CX

I have family members diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, and I didn't even think about that. Thanks for that.
I just can't fathom why so many posters are anti-intellect. How many kids shows revolve around the boy genius bringing that one amazing item to a science fare? But this kid brings a clock and people lose their freaking minds.

I don't think posters that think this kid was trying to scare somebody are anti-intellect. Highly intelligent people do stupid things sometimes, and Ahmed has said in some interviews that there were students at MacArthur that called him bomb-maker and terrorist in the past. He "built" this contraption right around Sept. 11th.

Maybe he was trying to scare or taunt the name-callers. Some have even brought up the piece of keffiyeh cloth included among the tangle of wires. I don't know if there is a mechanical reason for it being there or not. I have looked at the picture and it indeed does look like a piece of keffiyeh, but I don't know. If it is, then there is an additional clue.

edit on 23-9-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I've got a couple, simple comments to add.

1. If anyone tried to bring this "clock" on a plane, they would have been detained at minimum by the TSA.
2. If anyone tried to bring this "clock" into the White House, they would have been detained at minimum.
3. If Muslims have a problem with being associated with bombings...then maybe the Muslims should stop bombing.

If you tried to take this on an airplane they would do three things. One they would put it in that machine that detects explosives residue. Two they would check you for explosives residue. Three they would look for a battery you could overvolt. If all three of those came up negative they would let you go, and all three would take 5 minutes at the most to check.

What they wouldn't do is what happened here. It's ok that the school got suspicious, and it's a sad commentary on our education system that they couldn't figure out what it was, but it's better to be safe and call the police if they're not sure. What is not ok is what the police did which is call it a bomb and charge him with making a hoax threat when he did no such thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The question is INTENT

What intentions did he have in shoving some guts in a case

There was no educational goal he had for doing such because he altered nothing but the case

What was his goal and what actions did he take to do it?

No educational goal? It's the beginning of learning how to do electronics work. You don't think that he was possibly interested in it for a career and was learning the basics? The first thing he did when he finished it was taking it to the electronics instructor to show it off.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Why do you believe they could not figure out what it was?

I never seen that reported anywhere.

They were left to question the boys intentions.

You are making assumptions about what the tsa would do.

My assumption is that if you brought this to an airport it would end in a cavity check for you.

There is only one way to find out though.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The question is INTENT

What intentions did he have in shoving some guts in a case

There was no educational goal he had for doing such because he altered nothing but the case

What was his goal and what actions did he take to do it?

No educational goal? It's the beginning of learning how to do electronics work. You don't think that he was possibly interested in it for a career and was learning the basics? The first thing he did when he finished it was taking it to the electronics instructor to show it off.

No I do not buy that.

I too destroyed many of my possessions when I was his age and I was never proud to show off the fact that I could not get stuff back in the case.

I would change my tune if he had changed any part of the device except the case.
In no way should that be rewarded or considered progress.

If the device had any thing to do with the electronics instructor then he would have took up for the kid.

Something like "we have an open policy to show off tinkering"

there is no defense for the boy

no inspiration for his actions other than a fight against so called racism

edit on 23-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't believe the police called it a bomb. They were suspicious that Ahmed tried to perpetrate a hoax on somebody. I think that is what he did, as well. The police were trying to find out if he intentionally tried to create a bomb scare. That is against the law and that is all they were doing.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
You are correct. The whole thing is something other than what the mainstream media is trying to shove down our throats.

THIS ARTICLE is the perfect example of the pacified left's attitude as passed around by the liberals. The liberals are adults that behave like children pacified by their enemy. They exhibit the very left coast pacific coast attitude of the dying sun. The language in this article is bizarre....

"14-year-old Muslim boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school."

"hoax bomb"

"Ahmed told reporters it was "very sad" that his teacher thought his clock was a threat."

"I built a clock"

"Ahmed's father Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, who is originally from Sudan, praised his son's ingenuity"

"He's a very smart, brilliant boy"

Then we get to the actual heart of the matter with this amazing quote that the BBC is running with....

" Ahmed said that he had made a clock at home and brought it to school to show his engineering teacher.

He said his engineering teacher had congratulated him but advised him "not to show any other teachers". "

...followed by the astonishing announcement that the boy actually plugged the disguised miniature pencil case clock device mechanism into the wall of another class with the alarm actually set to detonate the beeping sound in order to get the attention he had not received from the previous teacher.

" The teenager said another teacher became aware of it when the device beeped during the lesson.

"She was like - it looks like a bomb," he said."

Alarm, people!

Wake up time, people!

All of you so-called millennial generation can only watch as you are not fully conscious of the situation. You can only watch. We are here living it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The first report I heard of this was that he disassembled an old clock and reassembled it in a new housing. That appears to be an accurate description of what he did. The incident is certainly not a hoax. The question is: if the school administrators genuinely thought it was a bomb, why didn't they evacuate the building and call in the bomb squad?

They determined quite quickly that it wasn't a bomb.

Fake bomb threats and false alarms though are a criminal act, and can be prosecuted. And so they should! Just like it's illegal to scream "FIRE!!" in a theatre when there's no fire....

As it stands right now this whole thing played exactly how they had hoped and he has intership offers at Twitter, MIT scholarship offer, just received thousands of dollars in free merchandise from Microsoft, and on and on and on.

Since me and my son are white though, I wonder if we can go to Pakistan/Asia or Africa and pull a similar "woe is me, they hate my skin color" bullsh!t media stunt.... Hmmmm, but now someone will call me a racist for pondering the exact mirror image scenario.

I made REAL transistor radios from kits when I was 7yrs old. Not this re-body a yardsale clock joke of a FRAUD.
edit on 24-9-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
At first I thought this story was just a case of islamophobia being promoted by the liberal media, since they have a knack for sensationalizing any topic that has to do with race.

But honestly I'm beginning to think that this was indeed some sort of scam/hoax. I'm not sure what to think of this.

Call it like you see it... do you blame them? What would your answer be?

edit on 25-9-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Do kids really care about carrying or owning "briefcase clocks"? I thought they were into cell phones....what do I know.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It is just more stage magic, they need these little distractions to keep you watching the left hand while right hand is up to no good. Old hat, new cane, same stage. Best bet is look 180% from whatever they try to use as the latest distraction.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I see what you mean. After more reflection, I agree that this was a stunt. I still disagree with the arrest, since the police obviously new it to be fake, but a school suspension was definitely an option.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not sure if its been posted anywhere but sounds like this kid had been finding trouble for a few years with different gadgets etc.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join