It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:
(post by Citizen47 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Citizen47

Overt racists don't tend to last too long around here. Just thought you'd want to know.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Citizen47

Are all Muslims terrorist?

Because who is defending terrorist anywhere on this thread?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we live in a time where anything can be made into a bomb. I hate to say this but it's better to be safe than sorry.

If this had been the real deal and the teacher would not have reported it, the school would be crucified for not reporting ANY suspicious activity. The average person would see that and immediately think it is suspicious.

Also, there were reports the kid did not elaborate much on the device when the teacher questioned him.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Citizen47
*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

No I'm not a Muslim, matter of fact I was brought up Catholic but now a fence sitting agnostic..not an quite atheist as yet, still in training though, but I do love to terrorise simpletons and bigots..

edit on 18-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/18/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Well you're first video is bull... exposed in another ATS thread so I can only assume your next two aren't any better. Not going to give them hits either. It's easy to claim something in foreign languages is something it's not... hell even when protesters speak English it gets taken out of context and clung to like gospel by haters.

The world isn't buying this anti-Islamic zealotry as easily as it used to. Get over it. And just for the record, I'd rather call moderate anything my fellow countrymen than gullible, xenophobic, conspiracists.

The other two are in English and hard to dispute, but as typical, liberals can't face facts. If the first is not accurate then my apologies, but I think there is ample evidence especially as of late to their general attitude, and quite frankly ISIS promised to send 500k invaders into Europe, I think we are seeing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Also, there were reports the kid did not elaborate much on the device when the teacher questioned him.

By who?
What more can you elaborate on, a clock is a clock.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

ISIS is a threat and I'm sure there's sleeper cells etc... all over the world which would include young adults brought up in Christian and every other thing, homes... but I refuse to be so weak of mind and moral fortitude as to blanket anyone. That kid is an American, a human and deserves to be treated as such, all people do until they PROVE unworthy of such.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

A clock is a clock... that thing did not look like a clock (the one that the average person recognizes). And it probably didn't help that it was inside a case either. Regardless, I believe the teacher played it safe and did the right thing. Always report everything AND anything.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It didn't look any more like a bomb then less like a clock.
The case was a pencil case, probably the size of your M.A.C makeup thingy(sorry don't know the word) there in your avatar.
The one with all the different shades on the top right.
Some more depth in it sure.

Outside of that it was basic parts, what this teacher is saying is if she saw a clock broken open she would think it was a bomb.

Where are the reports that he did not elaborate on it?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He wouldn't be the first 14-year old intelligent muslim that "suddenly" became radicalized. Better safe than sorry, imo.

The "clock" looked like a homemade bomb, the kind we see in movies and on TV all the time. And, remember, it wasn't too many months ago the Dallas area had the scare when two young muslims tried to kill people at the Muhammed Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest.

I still think something stinks about this, especially since Obama has stuck his big ugly nose in it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Im speaking for the average person who sees a bunch of wires and think it's a bomb. My ex-bf is a Bomb Squad guy and I've seen some things that may not look as harmful but they can do serious damage. Like Queen of Swords said, TV and movies show this type of stuff as potentially dangerous all the time. Things just are not the same after 9/11.

I'll have to post link later. (leaving work now)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The "clock" looked like a homemade bomb, the kind we see in movies and on TV all the time.

Eye to the roll,goes to show you've been watching to much tv/movies.You need to get out more....

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Our kids at schools are in more danger from the awkward white kid no one talks to.

It looked nothing like a bomb, Jesus people.

The only ugly thing about this is the leaps and bounds people are going to try and rationalize arresting a 14 year old.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Im speaking for the average person who sees a bunch of wires and think it's a bomb.

Ignorance is not an excuse for you to fear something.

If you see a bomb there it is because you want to see a bomb. I bet if you talked to your ex he would say it wasn't.

Lets not let TV and movies dictate what happens in real life, we all know how often they get it wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Our kids at schools are in more danger from the awkward white kid no one talks to.

It looked nothing like a bomb, Jesus people.

The only ugly thing about this is the leaps and bounds people are going to try and rationalize arresting a 14 year old.

For God's sake, it's a ticking thing in a case! Crockpots / pressure cookers aren't necessarily bombs either, but if a kid took one to school and it started ticking, I bet a lot of people wouldn't assume it's a damn clock!
edit on 18-9-2015 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If someone took a pressure cooker to school and it beeped people should think the roast is done..

Get out of your state of fear and let a clock be a damn clock!

Sounds like people are all for the zero tolerance policy here, it is VERY ironic.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Its a digital clock.

They don't tick.

Are you really so desperately clutching at straws here?

If this was a white kid, what would you be saying?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So why didn't they evacuate the school? Why did Ahmed get sent to the principals office with the clock? If I thought there was a bomb I'd pull the goddamn fire alarm. Why didn't the bomb squad get called in? Why did the cops take the clock in the cruiser they drove the kid to the precinct in? If you thought it was a bomb would you touch it? Pick it up and put it in your car?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This isn't about clocks, bombs, or a young man being arrested....

This thread is now about finding a new scapegoat for Americans to focus their fear and hatred against. I guess Hispanics have gotten to powerful with a political voice to be scapegoated anymore.

edit on 18-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join