It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Khaleesi

Ya, he knew it might be so he tried to make it look less. Doesn't show he meant to bring something that was going to look like a bomb.
Shows the opposite.

Actually it shows he knew it looked like a bomb and tried to make it look LESS suspicious because .... IT LOOKED SUSPICIOUS!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Ya, he knew it might be so he tried to make it look less. Doesn't show he meant to bring something that was going to look like a bomb.
Shows the opposite.

With your logic, a child should be allowed to take a toy black gun to school and since he has a nice orange thingy on the front, it's obviously not a gun and not suspicious, right?

smdh

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He said he figured it would, does that really mean that he thought it was or just knew the OTHERS would think so?

Either way, he decided to take measures to make it less, showing his true intent.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Nope because those look like almost identical to guns, this looked nothing even like the suitcase bomb you posted.
In size or parts.

Shake your head all you want.
You want zero tolerance on this kid but complain about it on others.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the more the fact that Obama weighed in on this again before all facts are known, tells me this is suspicious.

I hope teachers do not let their guard down one iota when it comes to these kinds of incidents out of fear they will be labeled Islamaphobe. It only takes one radicalized nut job. If I had a student in that school, I would be praising the teacher.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If you need to make something look LESS suspicious then by definition ... it looks suspicious to begin with ... right? He says it right there. By his very words, he needed to make it less suspicious looking. Why? Because it looked suspicious. He knew it looked suspicious because he needed to make it appear less suspicious.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You will not hear of the racist in chief changing his mind on the subject even if this kid blows up a school or worse yet go all jihad on the white house when he gets there. That is the next step in the evolution of the mindset this kid has taken. Simply apply some pressure and he will go off. This is a matter of time. tic toc

edit on 18-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Lets leave the appeal to emotions out of this, not productive.

Everything with wires IS NOT A BOMB.
Lets get out of that thought process.

The more I read about this, the more I cannot believe people think this. Whether it is Hollywood or just a fear of anything electronic it amazes me in this day and age people still have this type of primal fear of anything even slightly unknown.

The "project" does not look anything like bomb, and in fact looks like exactly what it is, a average digital alarm clock taken out of its original case and put into a pencil box. He even says he put it together in about ten minutes.
In fact a prototype of one of my latest projects looks more like a detonator then this clock in a pencil box.

However, I would like to see some of his real work and I am sure that the schools that are inviting him for a visit are also looking at his work beyond this "project".

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Khaleesi
The problem is, he didn't really build anything. He removed the innards of an electronic device and put them in a new container. Soldering? Really? How many parents help their kids with a science project and put things together for them? Sure the kid 'participates' in the assembly but I would be extremely surprised if any science project is done without considerable help from a parent. I would have been far more impressed if he had taken an old fashioned clock completely apart and put it back together and it still worked.

My parents never gave me any assistance on science projects other than buying materials. Their opinion was that if they did it for me I wouldn't learn. I honestly had never even considered that parents would do a project for their kid, it's in the same category as doing their homework.

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I noticed something about this kids "home made" clock, it is not "home made" at all, it is very much a cheap walmart large LED alarm clock he dissembled and then mounted, poorly I might add in to a case. fubar.ga...

You will notice the 9 volt backup batter connector (anyone who owns an alarm clock knows this is so you don't have to reset the darned thing is power goes out), the surface soldered ribbon to the LED display, the transformers inclusive wiring from the AC power cord to convert this to 12 volt DC system. The is kid is as about as much a "genius" as I am jesus.

You have to start learning somewhere, right?

originally posted by: Citizen47
The boy did make a clock, that's the truth! The problem is that when the "Clock" is connected to an amount of C4 or another type of explosive it becomes a real bomb. The devise in question does in fact look like a bomb and the "Boy Genius" knows this and it would most likely work if explosives were added. The boy should be taken away from his parents or... The whole fam-damally should be deported back to Sudan!

You watch too much TV. Do you know what an explosives detonator looks like these days?

Clocks, especially clocks that audibly tick down aren't how bombs are built anymore. Then there's the issue that this clock wasn't connected to anything so there's no possible explosives chance.

When you asked if he knew what an explosives detonator looked liked these days are you referring to a mechanical, electronic, or chemical detonator?

Also do you think most people have any type of background beyond tv and YouTube to determine what and what isn't a bomb just looking at it? Certainly can't expect over reactive teachers to. Quite honestly I wonder how many people commenting that didn't see the comments of others or knew it was a clock from the story would be able to determine that on their own what this was.

I mean some of our trained professionals would react the exact same way, think TSA.

Again, we know what it was, looks like another case of over reaction. It's the environment that has been created, and we should expect these things now. It sucks but it's how it is. I honestly hope his parents didn't give the ok to take it, common sense should have said not too smart. But again, looking at all the cases of over reaction in the schools, he fared pretty good. First time I've ever seen a Whitehouse invite.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dreamwatcher

The "project" does not look anything like bomb, and in fact looks like exactly what it is, a average digital alarm clock taken out of its original case and put into a pencil box. He even says he put it together in about ten minutes.
In fact a prototype of one of my latest projects looks more like a detonator then this clock in a pencil box.

It's obvious you never seen a prop bomb.... I would think an electronic hobbyist would know how easy it is to convert an alarm clock into a bomb.

I suggest if you have kids, get them to build the exact same prop as Ahmed and send it to the White House.... maybe they'll get a free ride too.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Man,or a Woman?..You're such a Drama Queen.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I get it, a long line in over reactions, but anyone claiming to be able to look and tell what this was if you had no information is nuts. People see electronics and go nuts, I get it. But saying someone should know by looking completely ignores the existance of the composition c family. There's a reason one nick name is called putty explosives. Can be any size any shape. It could be in anything.

Wasnt the case here, but really ...spare the it's easy to tell stuff. I don't care if you have an electronics background, putty explosives could be used as a liner, any piece of equipment could be hollowed out and filled. Again not the case, not linking this kid to it, but the "experts" should chill.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sadly when disected it was found to be a retro 1971 clock simply refitted to a new case.
that means fraud copyright and trademark infringement cases beyond the inducing panic charges...

www.youngcons.com...

yeesh.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
The more I think about it, the more the fact that Obama weighed in on this again before all facts are known, tells me this is suspicious. I hope teachers do not let their guard down one iota when it comes to these kinds of incidents out of fear they will be labeled Islamaphobe. It only takes one radicalized nut job. If I had a student in that school, I would be praising the teacher.

This is a America! We can't be letting these, these "Muslims" in our schools. It goes without saying they're all extremist nutjobs! WITH BOMB CLOCKS!

ALL PRAISE BE TEACHERS! Forever stay vigilant in America's fight to rid the globe of all Muslims!
What kind of stinking scumbag makes a clock in school? The nerve on that kid, the nerve.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Who should be expelled for his fraud.
blogs.artvoice.com...
Ahmed Basically took an 80's clock and stuck it in a pencil box that he got both from ebay.

Why. look into the father. He has history.

Then look into the where. The first city to ban the islamic law Sharia.

Why, that's what this site is for.

edit on 9/19/2015 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
Who should be expelled for his fraud.
blogs.artvoice.com...
Ahmed Basically took an 80's clock and stuck it in a pencil box that he got both from ebay.

Why. look into the father. He has history.

Then look into the where. The first city to ban the islamic law Sharia.

Why, that's what this site is for.

I would agree with you if they treat this as a crime and get warrants to look into his computers etc.. The fact is, Obama has already made this kid a victim of the State and treating him to a hero's welcome, so I doubt there is any criminal investigation going on right now. Without proof, you can't do anything to this kid or his father.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The more I think about it, the more the fact that Obama weighed in on this again before all facts are known, tells me this is suspicious.

I hope teachers do not let their guard down one iota when it comes to these kinds of incidents out of fear they will be labeled Islamaphobe. It only takes one radicalized nut job. If I had a student in that school, I would be praising the teacher.

It's less an issue of what the school did (though that's still a problem) and more an issue of the police charging him with crimes.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

You sound like one of those people that can't see past the end of his/her nose. If you actually think the cops "arrested" this young man because he built a "clock", then you're blind. But, hey...keep on tearing law enforcement down and painting them all with the broad brush of unfairness and it will one day backfire on you. They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Something more happened here and I think with all the middle eastern so-called immigrants Obama is allowing to enter our country without any way of verifying just who they are, we need to stay vigilant. If that sounds Islamaphobic to you, so be it. To me, it sounds like a orchestrated plan.

The fear of a label being slapped on you by others should not deter us one bit from sticking with the admonition that "if you see something, say something".

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ya'll know the corporate types will be all over the copyright and trademark issues, above and beyond the racial thing, right ?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I see in the news that Mark Zuckerberg used his account to support the clock kid. Now you know which team Zuckerberg is on in case you had any doubt. Read this story here... How Ahmed’s clock became a false, convenient tale of racism

Remember this week (Sunday, September 13, 2015 to Saturday, September 19, 2015) for the false clock narrative and the Federal Reserve announcement to hold interest rates at current level.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join