It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: Hungary declares state of emergency, seals border with Serbia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hungary seems to be the only European Country to have twigged early to the what was going to happen as soon as the "brain-trust" in Germany, and in Brussels, decided to welcome millions of so-called migrants from Syria, Iraq...oh, and Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc.

Millions more would decide to come - and expect to be allowed in to the EU!

A record 9,380 migrants entered Hungary on Monday, beating the previous record of 5,809 set just a day earlier.

If they kept arriving at Monday's rate, Hungary would see an annual flow of 3.4 million people!!

Stuck for an unknown amount of time on a strip of road between the two countries' checkpoints, those fleeing violence in their homelands pitched tents and settled in. But frustrations were on the rise. As a police helicopter hovered above, migrants chanted "Open the border!" and shouted insults at Hungarian riot police. Some refused food and water in protest.

My first question is...why are these people entitled to be "frustrated"? My second question is, why should they expect Hungary to "open the border"?

And to protest, they hurl insults at their intended hosts - and refuse free food and water...brilliant.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Austria called Tuesday for a special European Union summit next week to discuss the continent's immigration crisis.

Good luck with that Ms. Merkel...you are dumbest of them all, volunteering to take in as many as 1 million people per year.

Regugee Crisis

The EU's best intentions, if they continue on this open-door policy course, are going to result in three things;

1) The bankrupting of the countries who are foolish enough to take in the tens of millions of displaced (and disguntled) people who are sure to come - all needing cash, housing, food, schooling, medical care, etc.
2) The "Islamification" of Europe. Once these masses are settled in to Germany, Sweden and their other freebie places of choice - they will begin to insist on those societies bending to their wishes (Sharia Law, etc.) - and, sorry but, the bombings and shootings will begin.
3) The breakup of the EU...because countries like Hungary (and others once they start to really feel the weight of this insanity), will refuse to be forced down this road to financial and cultural ruin.

Which is exactly what ISIS, and other organizations like it, want...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I would say it is Hungary's right to do what they wish. They don't HAVE to take in anyone at all. The whole situation is wildly uncontrolled in every country accepting "refugees". They are attempting to control it, but it is like sticking your finger in a hole in the damn that has already widened to the size of your fist.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why are refugees coming from Iraq and Afghanistan? Didn't the west bring democracy,peace and stability to those countries. It can't all of been about dropping high precision smart bombs and invasions?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You are only half right (and I am understanding your sarcasm).

The refugee crisis, in both cases and in North Africa, resulted from Obama's:

1) forced, premature, and rapid retreat from the countries in which they employed arms to achieve regime change
2) wimpy half-measures in taking on Assaud and ISIS in Syria/Iraq

America should have learned from the experience of WWII...after you conquer a country, you need to keep boots on the ground for at least 2 generations in order to effect the cultural and other changes needed to turn them into allies (witness Germany and Japan).

This should have been the policy in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya (and ultimately Syria).

Half-measure wars, and half-hearted political/social reforms after the fact, are destined to fail.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't believe that anyone could be stupid enough to do what Merkel did; I simply refuse to accept that such an obviously crisis inducing decision could be made so quickly and with so little consideration. I find the very notion that that she acted in a fit of emotion utterly absurd.

The enemy is everywhere; society is not what it seems - neither is reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Why can't it?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Journey1986

Why can't it?

Why can't what? It be about dropping bombs and invasions? Because we are the west we only spread democracy hope and change
edit on 15-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A video the MSM won't show because it doesn't fit their agenda.

What a cluster #*# this is becoming.
I feel bad for the women and children involved. A lot of the male refugees appear to have ulterior motives for the mass migration.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
I don't believe that anyone could be stupid enough to do what Merkel did; I simply refuse to accept that such an obviously crisis inducing decision could be made so quickly and with so little consideration. I find the very notion that that she acted in a fit of emotion utterly absurd.

The enemy is everywhere; society is not what it seems - neither is reality.

One does have to wonder if, in fact, she (and her like-minded colleagues) can really be this misguided.

Or...(thinking conspiratorially now) if this crisis has been invoked so as to get public support for what is the only real solution to the "displaced persons" problem - an all-in/all-out EU/NA war against ISIS (and associated) in Syria, Iraq and north Africa.

As the Aunt of the famous little Syrian boy who drowned said, when asked what she thinks is the solution to the refugee crisis...she said "end the war in Syria".

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not only is Germany and the EU in general realizing the error of their ways, but they are forcing countries, though I am certain only of one, Poland to take in some amount (about 12 thousand) of refugees and if not then there will be a fine of some milions of dollars.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
We'll invade (I mean liberate) Syria and then there'll be a load of Iranian 'refugees' on the march towards us.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sorry for the boy as he is a victim of smugglers and according to witness statements his father was one of smugglers and was steering the boat himself... Now the smuggler's son is an icon for whole Europe "accepting" migration.. sarcastic really.
I believe we are fooled in big time. Even Russia lets refugees trespass their area ( Russia is usually very strict who can enter) so refugees get easier to Europe.. Putin must be laughing !

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And we have this (from Feb of this year):

ISIS has threatened to flood Europe with half a million migrants from Libya in a 'psychological' attack against the West, it was claimed today.

Transcripts of telephone intercepts published in Italy claim to provide evidence that ISIS is threatening to send 500,000 migrants simultaneously out to sea in hundreds of boats in a 'psychological weapon' against Europe if there is military intervention against them in Libya.

Many would be at risk of drowning with rescue services unable to cope. But authorities fear that if numbers on this scale arrived, European cities could witness riots.

Separately, the militants hope to cement their control of Libya then cross the Mediterranean disguised as refugees, according to letters seen by Quilliam the anti-terror group, reported by the Telegraph.

Here comes ISIS

But sure...let 'em all in, even though 90% have no documentation...rush them through the security checks to clear the backlog created by the "migrant" tsunami.

Enjoy the "new Europe" everybody!
edit on 15-9-2015 by mobiusmale because: update

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the EU.
Hungary wanted to join the EU for its benefits so they can also share in the EUs liabilities.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'm happy that Hungary have closed the border, it was a bit ridiculous tbh to say yeah, you can all come hrough and make your way to Germany... only prob now is the Serbs wont like it and this cause rift between those 2 country's!

On the other hand, maybe its time to shut the EU down and go back to how it was...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

IMO, this is a just the prelude, of something much, much greater.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well done Hungary, I hope more European countries wake up and resist...
Merkel and those in favor obviously have an agenda!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
FInally a EU country with some sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Last month, I was having some temporary financial issues that made me eat for like a couple of € per week. I can't see any more spaghetti (without sauce) for some time
Or dry, low quality bread of the cheapest type, for that matter. Having normal food like veggies, rice, eggs, potatoes, healthy bread, and all that again is suddenly like heaven. It's a disgrace how these people treat food. I would've loved the food they destroyed just like that.

edit on 15-9-2015 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is history in the making right now, in front of our eyes.
I don't know what will be the exact consequences of this mass migration in Europe, but I'm sure they will be serious and will affect our lives in many unprecedented, irreversible ways.
And I'm also sure that this will be remembered as one of the most illogical and stupid decisions in the history of Europe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join