It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: Hungary declares state of emergency, seals border with Serbia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I feel bad for the women and children involved. A lot of the male refugees appear to have ulterior motives for the mass migration.

Having watched a great deal of TV news on BBC and Sky what I'm puzzled by (and also wonder why the reporters never ask them) is why I often see the reporters pass by small groups of men among the ranks of migrants who are very actively and very entirely covering their heads and totally disguising who they are from the camera? This is extremely suspicious behaviour and there is no reason for it except that they are criminals and/or terrorists and/or seek to cause serious trouble where they are heading. They don't even hide in a subtle way, like simply turning away or bowing their heads, but they hide under coats or sheets of plastic!

I am extremely concerned by the pregnant women and newborn babies - some of the babies were born in transit - it's horrible that the women do not get medical care and have to keep going, because the men are forcing them to do that. It's vile to see men grabbing kids and holding them up so they can use them to get through the crowds. I don't understand what the insane crushing rush is all about. The men are behaving as though they're a zombie hoard hungry for brains! They are behaving in such a crazy uncivilised way and they still feel this will endear them to the europeans!

What is bewildering is how the USA steadfastly refuse to acknowledge that Syrian Christians are most at risk and desperately in need of help. ISIL kills everyone, but they actively seek out and behead Christian men and rape/torture the women - they have beheaded hundreds of Christian men and this is not reported - you only find out about it by watching docus and vids; the news doesn't want to know and the USA won't even acknowledge it. I find that to be very confusing from a supposidly Christian government. They are even killed by muslims within the refugee camps and they should have priority status as genuine refugees fleeing persecution, but the USA and EU are only concerned about offering safe homes to muslims regardless of their background - it is completely MAD!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: aurorarising

Your point about the Christian Syrians is absolutely right and one would think that as America wanted this war to get rid of Assad - as elected democratically as indeed Obama was - America would step up to the plate immediately even if it only took the christian faction and perhaps others who were most vulnerable.

Merkel has made the biggest blunder of her political career. Sure some Germans are happy - there is a group, (a good thing on the whole) that would give anything to anyone to help them. But in today's world people have to work, live somewhere, get their medical and educational needs when they arrive with sweet FA. That will far outweigh what they will earn for quite some time if you look at the tax revenue they will contribute.

We all know now that Germany has a falling birth rate with a rising ageing population so a number of educated and useful people, mostly the women by all accounts, would be gratefully received. Her problem though will be the men, (those you have identified especially), probably with few qualifications and most likely radical ideas. She will have to scrutinise their applications and probably remove a lot of them back to wherever they have come from.

The EU hardly needs unskilled, idle men claiming benefit with only religion on their minds because its a recipe for terrorism.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

2) wimpy half-measures in taking on Assaud and ISIS in Syria/Iraq

Ok , i get it . If the refugees come from Iraq or Afghanistan its Obama and Bushes fault for invading and occupying them . But if they come from Syria it Obama's fault because he didn't invade . Got it .

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: mobiusmale

2) wimpy half-measures in taking on Assaud and ISIS in Syria/Iraq

Ok , i get it . If the refugees come from Iraq or Afghanistan its Obama and Bushes fault for invading and occupying them . But if they come from Syria it Obama's fault because he didn't invade . Got it .

Well you almost have it right...but you have missed the overall concept.

1) In the case of Iraq and Afghanistan, since Bush did (rightly or wrongly) invade and conquer these countries...Obama inherited the problem/responsibility of leaving boots on the ground for as long as it took (ie. a couple of generations) to re-stabilize, rebuild and reform them into long-term partners and allies - ie. not just pull out prematurely, leaving a mess and a power vacuum.

2) In the case of Syria, Obama drew a "line in sand" with Assaud (the use of chemical weapons against their own citizens), then did nothing when he crossed it. He then decided, rather than taking decisive direct action to depose Assaud, to support a rag-tag network of Islamic rebels...who were predictably undisciplined, uncontrollable and ineffective.

3) As a result, ISIS was able to run rampant in both Syria and Iraq...and now in Libya (another failed State due to Obama's half-measure military campaign to oust Gaddafi).

4) His half-witted, half-measure air campaign against ISIS (to "degrade and ultimately defeat" them), and to get ground forces engaged by training more Islamic rebels (it cost him $500 million to train 50 guys, who promptly disappeared?) is perhaps the most inept military strategy ever employed by the United States in its entire history.

Obama's twinkle-toes approach to the use of military force (drones strikes, air-only campaigns, no boots on the ground) have led to complete strategic disasters in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen and (soon) Afghanistan - and now threaten to destroy the EU.

Half-measures, in these matters, simply do not work.

Either stay all the way out, or get (and stay) all the way in.

Obama (especially as he was the POTUS to follow Bush) is a complete foreign policy failure - and his timidity and weakness is now affecting tens (maybe hundreds) of millions in Europe the Middle-East and Africa.

Got it now?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
(I've already posted this on another thread but I realized it is more related to this one)
When the media try to ''play'' with our emotions and manipulate public opinions

Hungarian sources report that the immigrants raised their children to the policemen to gain sympathy and let them pass

So when they tried to break the borders, police used tear gas and as a result some kids got sprayed too.

Hint1 tear gas doesn't make you cry out loud like that (I've been in riots and I know) or act like the world has ended
Hint2 the bleeding man was hit by a stone, Guess who threw the stones?

I am not saying this is not a sad situation, but it it something they did on themselves,
You just can't demand a foreign country to open the borders capitalizing on the sympathy of the fainthearted Europeans, and acting like that in front of cameras.
countries have fought wars for their borders, it's not that simple
is sympathy, a new invasion weapon?

edit on WedWed, 16 Sep 2015 13:19:27 -05001PMk000000Wednesdaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

edit on WedWed, 16 Sep 2015 13:20:10 -05001PMk000000Wednesdaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Awww that poor man.... (shyeah right) More propaganda from RT to make the other countries look bad. Go home and fight for your country. sheesh. They dont care about their women or children if they can make a quick buck off them.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Aren't they just pouring water on those kids to make it seem like they're crying? That's what it seemed like to me..

Europeans really are the dumbest people in the World and Swedes are the dumbest among them.

I really wish these muslims would come here and just finish the job, take these stupid ass liberals out of their misery. They don't deserve to remain. They're too weak to prevail.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The EU has just allowed ISIS into their borders. Good luck to you all. I imagine many of these men cannot wait to start killing you folk. If I'm Hungary I round em all up at gun point and send them back in either handcuffs or zipped bags

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
The EU has just allowed ISIS into their borders. Good luck to you all. I imagine many of these men cannot wait to start killing you folk. If I'm Hungary I round em all up at gun point and send them back in either handcuffs or zipped bags

Well, "zipped bags" is pretty harsh...

Certainly, what they should be doing though is rounding people up as they come ashore, putting them back on a stouter ship and ferrying them back to the other side. Those folks won't likely come back because the smugglers charge a pretty penny for people to board their rubber dingies.

If this was done as a simple matter of course, it would discourage additional people from paying money to make such a trip.

Those who trek toward the EU by ground, should also be picked up and sent by bus/train back to Pakistan/Afghanistan (or wherever). If they refuse to reveal where they are from (many/most arrive without documentation)...make a "best guess" based on their accents or other evidence, and ship them off anyway.

Until these "migrants" realize they are just wasting their time and money trying to travel into the EU, they will just keep coming in waves. When they start getting automatically bounced back to where they came from, the exodus will end.

Quickly end the wars in Syria and Iraq, get Libya under control...by eradicating ISIS and their wannabes...and then let all of these people return to their homes.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There's no real genuine refugee crisis in Europe. The immigrant influx is basically a completely orchestrated clown show, created by EU governments since many years already. In practice, they wanted cheap labor, in Italy, Germany and the UK in particular. But that was in the past. The immigration "issue" of this summer is due to the fact that the EU wants to use these immigrants to fight in Ukraine. Practically jihad in europe.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
The immigration "issue" of this summer is due to the fact that the EU wants to use these immigrants to fight in Ukraine. Practically jihad in europe.

Can you go on. Sounds a fascinating theory, please elaborate......................

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Completely unlike Germany with Merkel's welcoming message and people welcoming the refugees, here's a message from Hungary made for refugees planning to go through Hungary:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-9-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join