It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Get It..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't get why he's surging either...but he is. Go figure.
Then again, I STILL don't get why democrats like Hillary. Equally bizarre.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Liquesence

Would trump even *try* to work with anyone, or just pull a "my way or the highway" Bush on steroids, burning down his whole neighborhood just to get his way (which he is used to getting, but won't because the president is not a dictatorship)?

This is the part that shocks me, that people can't digest. This is his character. This is who he is. It won't change.

But look at who his supporters generally are. When you look at it that way, it shouldn't shock you. Not everyone who supports him as as such, but I think the majority are, and I'll say it: ignorant, shallow, red-blooded American racists and bigots. That what's been bred into them and what they've grown up being conditioned, and their own social worldview is constantly reaffirmed by what they see and hear (including structure, lifestyles, and peers), which tell them what they already want to hear and believe.. And he speaks to exactly that.

ETA:

And that's what's also scary. The people (supporters) don't *want* it to change....until it affects them, then they'll blame someone else.

edit on 14-9-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yeah, I feel ya.

Trump reminds me of one of those rich, popular, full of themselves guys at school that people fell over themselves to have the privilege of "friending," thinking that by doing so some of that wealth and shine and confidence/ego would rub off on them and they could hoist themselves up to the rank of "peer" for reals.

I know that's mean sounding, and I'm sorry, but its kind of a gut reaction. Guys like that made my skin crawl because they only cared about themselves, ultimately, and who they could use, and what they could get, and how they could take advantage of other people. They didn't care if they lied, or cheated, but would destroy anyone else who tried that on them - it wasn't a moral center so much as the attitude of a bully - I do what I want and you better not do it back. Maybe that is appealing to some people? Maybe what I sense, other people don't see?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe underneath all the hair and self-congratulatatory talk, bluster and non-existent policy is someone who is playing a game - a long game - in which he pretends to be the "bad guy" in order to win, at which point he becomes the "good guy."

Yeah. And Obama really does ride a unicorn and carry a pink kaleidoscope. Yeah...

- AB

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He will start a war. HEAR YE THIS. He will take us to war.

This is funny and silly, but nonetheless:

edit on 9/14/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Based upon his loose-lipness and ability to say whatever without restraint, our foreign relations would likely be a disaster. How can you get anything done and BUILD any relationships with nations and SOLVE problems when you shoot off at the mouth and likely offend people at every turn?

I don't think our foreign relations would suffer. We don't make friends, we make business partners. Something Trump has experience in. His mouth would be overshadowed by what he brings to the table.

The question is, can Trump make a deal that would benefit the American people without benefiting his own interests? After all, he does have a business to run.

You never know, his cold slimy heart could be entering chrysalis stage. Maybe he is surprised by his own success and beginning to slowly stand up for what is right. His lack of understanding when it comes to American politics, just might work in our favor. We shall see.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Our choices are Trump, Carson, or politicians. Hoorah?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Obama has wars going.

Which ones will Trump escalate or start?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

No. Too many "maybes" and I don't have enough fingers to cross.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama has wars going.

Which ones will Trump escalate or start?

Have you forgotten he wants to go back into Iraq and steal their oil? How would he do that without boots on the ground?That he vows to take out ISIS and they are all over the place? How would he do that? He can't. He's such a blow-hard.

Trump on Syria:

“But you know, Assad is not our biggest problem because Assad and Isis are actually fighting,” he said. “So now what we’re doing is we’re fighting Isis and Isis wants to fight Assad. Some people could say: ‘Why don’t you just let them fight out and you take out the remnants?’”
www.theguardian.com...

Who says that? I haven't heard anybody say that. Hmmmmm?

edit on 9/14/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

No. Too many "maybes" and I don't have enough fingers to cross.

Trump can easily fix that by paying people to cross their fingers for you, lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If all our foreign affairs were strictly business in nature then *maybe*.

But they're not. Even though everything is *business* in some way, and there might be degrees of "business" in each affair, there are other factors involved in our global infrastructure and the facets of global relationships that are not strictly business in the business sense.

And if we let everything boil down to simply business we run the risk of spitting on efforts such as humanitarian and diplomatic. If we ran our international relationships strictly on the capitalist principle and not also a diplomatic of humanitarian principle, it will bite us in the ass.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The repulicans that suppport him are so narrow minded its insane.

its like a kid being mad because his horse lost the race last time so he decides he rather root for the newly joined donkey to win.

But this is good, it will divide republican votes, the serious republican against the trumpeters, and will be their demise this election as well.

its gonna be hilarious!

edit on 9/14/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

the serious republican and the trumpeters, and will be their demise this election as well.

As the Trumpeters have Trumpgasms.

Sigh. Maybe there really are airplane fumes killing our brain cells.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

All he talks about is how well he is doing/leading in the polls, and how fabulous he is.

He's like a repeating record...bla, bla, bla.

I predict Karly Fiorina is going to put him in his place this coming debate. She's very smart and articulate and I think if he tangles with her, he's going to look like a fool. Not that he already is.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Xue! Where did you go buddy? Come back and tell me more why you love Trump so much so I'll have somebody to harass, pillage and plunder!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

All he talks about is how well he is doing/leading in the polls, and how fabulous he is.

He's like a repeating record...bla, bla, bla.

I predict Karly Fiorina is going to put him in his place this coming debate. She's very smart and articulate and I think if he tangles with her, he's going to look like a fool. Not that he already is.

The thought of that cheers me up enormously. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Even though everything is *business* in some way, and there might be degrees of "business" in each affair, there are other factors involved in our global infrastructure and the facets of global relationships that are not strictly business in the business sense.

America has lost it's redeeming social values and everyone across the pond knows it. "Business" is what foreign policy has been reduced to while all media driven diplomacy is fluff.

If we ran our international relationships strictly on the capitalist principle and not also a diplomatic of humanitarian principle, it will bite us in the ass.

Just curious, what are America's humanitarian principles again? Inviting refugees from a country we helped destroy into our own? Our ass never gets bitten, only scratched. Real diplomacy is DEAD.

edit on 14-9-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Xue! Where did you go buddy? Come back and tell me more why you love Trump so much so I'll have somebody to harass, pillage and plunder!

Who said I love Trump?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Hmmm, they said the same thing about Reagan.

Crying wolf doesn't work much these days. Especially when a good portion believe we are and have been at 'war' for a while now.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Maybe, yet one can be so "broad-minded' one could drive a truck through it and do no damage....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join