It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Get It..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

IDK, X...it might be fun having the Lady harassing, pillaging & plundering you.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Any case anybody missed this. It's really funny.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The honest answer is a lot of people want "heroes" for leaders, not "boring" administrators. Charisma, power, and the ability to inspire have always been huge parts of leadership. Trump is already powerful, he inspires many parts of the conservative base, and they believe he is charismatic (as does the media).

Hence, his widespread (temporary) public support. The important thing is to see what the situation is like once the actual primaries begin, which are still months away.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

We don't make friends,

We really don't. When push comes to shove, we're alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I know that's mean sounding, and I'm sorry, but its kind of a gut reaction. Guys like that made my skin crawl because they only cared about themselves, ultimately, and who they could use, and what they could get, and how they could take advantage of other people. They didn't care if they lied, or cheated, but would destroy anyone else who tried that on them - it wasn't a moral center so much as the attitude of a bully - I do what I want and you better not do it back

You realize you just described a sociopath? lol!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Who said I love Trump?

Oh, my bad. So who's on your short list for the nominee?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Who said I love Trump?

I don't know.

But I bet TPTB start pushing Bush any time now.

Some people say the 2016 campaign will end up being the dirtiest in history.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

With all these candidates it may very well be. Too many skeletons still hiding in closets, waiting to be discovered, and they will be. They always are. Destroying each other is something all candidates excel at.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who said I love Trump?

I don't know.

But I bet TPTB start pushing Bush any time now.

You're right about that. Plus, he has lots of big donor dollars for ads.
Still, Wednesday's debate will be very telling. If Bush doesn't shine...which I believe he won't...he could be down for the count.
Personally, I'm still hoping Dr. Carson and Carly Fiorina steal the show.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I like Carson.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I read somewhere that its a "collective middle finger to the establishment".

I don't think so.. it's nothing that rebellious or savvy. If it were so, I'd understand this a little better. I respect the "un-pc" thing to a degree, but that's no reason to elect a President.

Are people not concerned about how he will manage foreign affairs? -- the world is in chaos now. We are quite possibly on the precipice of a World War, it could happen any day. Trump as commander in chief doesn't scare people?

Desperate people cast desperate votes, I guess. But I see no wisdom whatsoever in supporting Trump.

Let me guess, you think Obama did a good job?

Because he has been the worst at everything in the history of the US, especially his foreign policy failures..... That list is very very long...... Including just handing Iran whatever they want, in the biggest sweetheart deal ever, just so he can claim he made a deal, it isn't a good deal by any stretch, all it does is give Iran everything they want, and us nothing we want..... But he made a deal!!!!

Flipping sorry assed pos!!!!

I meant potus
edit on 15-9-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The nation needs an executive with bankruptcy experience to handle the National Debt crisis.

Honestly? The only thing that's going to repair our financial woes is to raise taxes, and nobody wants to hear that.

Or we could you know... Try something outrageous, like spending less???

Oh I know insanity there right???

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I know one of his appeals is that "he can't be bought" (because he's so very rich,) but nevertheless he talks out of both sides of his mouth, and doesn't seem to have any significant policies. Or have I missed something?

I think what many have missed is that while he may not be able to be brought with money he is also undoubtly greedy for more money and now power.

Futher; his life, his health, his family can all be threathened with sickness, injury, illhealth and death by those he may have thought he was bigger than or had no fear off as of now.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

As I've mentioned repeatedly on ATS, I firmly believe that no matter which candidate/party wins, the rest of us all lose.

That being said, what makes Trump any worse than the rest of the pack? You've got the whole lot of Republicans that talk a great game but will do NONE of what they say (just think about last year's mid-term elections when the Republicans destroyed the Democrats.... and did precisely NOTHING to stop Obama's rampage). On the Democrat side, who is there? Hillary? Likely the single most corrupt individual to seek the office in modern history? Bernie? A guy who was out of touch even decades ago and who is not starting in with the racism junk?

So, again, what exactly makes Trump any worse than the rest of the crooks? He's politically incorrect and that, in and of itself, is refreshing and in my estimation is why he is doing so well.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What's the deal anyway with Republicans and celebrities?

Ronald Reagan
Arnold Schwarzenneggar
Jesse Ventura
Sony Bono
Ben Stein
Clint Eastwood

and introducing ..... Donald Trump to the mix.

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The dems have had a few as well. That Saturday Night Live guy Al Franken comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I was thinking about that too, and as far as I can recall he's the only one who has actually been elected.
I think Clay Aiken ran, and lost. And Melissa Gilbert ran and lost. Can't think of anymore. It's more prevalent in what used to be the GOP.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Trump is simply a one-man poll of the "disaffected" populace in this country.

Not enough to win, but enough to scuttle both parties, but the GOP more than Dem.

It is not that people believe him...most are well aware that he is just saying crazy stuff, much of it contradictory or impossible.

It is that there is a chunk of the population that feels strongly "to hell with it! roll in the clowns!".

He is an "eff-you" to the establishment vote. The perfect candidate for a Bush vs. Clinton repeat.

He is the surprise penance that the establishment has earned by assuming that everyone would suck it up and vote for another Bush or Clinton.

He will also be certain doom to the country if he ever occupies the Oval Office...but I assign much of the blame to the Dems and GOP for taking the disaffected voters for granted and forcing a choice by party loyalists (Bush or Clinton)..

All of that said...yes, he is lunatic blow-hard self-interested egotistical moron...which is what folks like about him...roll in the clowns.

edit on 15-9-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well, I'm glad the republicans get to lay claim to the lil' darlin'.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Explain to me how so many people can seriously be considering Donald Trump for the Oval Office.

I ask the same thing about Sanders.

So far it's the fringe left versus the fringe right with over 10 months to go.

We have a long way to go still.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join