It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can see the matrix - Visual Snow Patterns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Grenade

Thanks for sharing your experience. Of course I must doubt it.

No amount of spiritual grandstanding will make a pathological or medical problem disappear, and the advice given here in these respects is about as valuable as the paper it is written on. Something is off with your body, most likely neuropathological in nature. "I am seeing the matrix" does follow from "I see shapes and auras". You might not experience loss of sight, and you may even enjoy it (apparently you do), but this is a sign that something is not right in your anatomy. Consider yourself more evolved, or whatever you wish, but such an evolution if it was to occur will always be biological in nature and visible to actual analysis instead of guesswork inspired by movies, or you haven't changed a thing. In my opinion, get it figured out instead of trying to convincing others to stare at lights.

My thread title maybe misled you into thinking i believe i can see some kind of computer matrix, it was metaphorical in the sense that i can breakdown light into individual particles and found relevance with the movie as Neo can see the makeup of his reality.

Of course this is all speculation, i came here looking for answers to a question, not for people to doubt the validity of the question as i dont dwell in rhetoric.

Also you should refrain from making factual statements about the nature of reality, surely the 21st century has shown there is a lot more to the universe that the observable part that we can test.
edit on 14/9/15 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Likewise, just because you can see something does not mean it is there. Remember to apply your logic both ways instead of in a circle.

As I intimated, the non-sequitur involved in "I see shapes and static therefor, I am viewing the matrix", is entirely suspect, especially when there are a thousand-fold more likely reasons to play with.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No amount of spiritual grandstanding will make a pathological or medical problem disappear, and the advice given here in these respects is about as valuable as the paper it is written on.

I disagree Les, Op says he can do it at will and so do I, I am perfectly normal and I trust that OP is as normal as you are.

It's something you can do as well, I don't think there is anything mysterious about it, it's just a play of light on the retina.

The patterns are probably a result of the effects of light on the retina as best as the brain can process it. Not everything is "medical" condition, for the mere fact that one can do it at will.

But to have this stimulate the mind, and it's better then taking hallucinogens to stimulate the mind. Do you believe in mind over matter concept, if I may ask?

Peace
edit on 14-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If it is metaphorical, I apologize for my literal interpretation of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

That is a more reasonable explanation.

I am aware people can see shapes and auras. I do not, nor can not, deny the experience. What I can deny is the explanation.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You could also argue that seeing is believing. I can assure you that i no longer see the world how i once did. Both are equally believable and if anything now i can see more detail. (Example being i can pick out very faint stars that friends can only see with magnification). To me i appear to be able to detect changes in background lighting to a very fine detail and would happily sit some kind of test should you be able to set one up.

A trillion pixels making up a full picture makes more logical sense than the traditional 'picture' we all see which is a pattern recognition tied to pre-determined recognition. When you process light are you seeing one image or is your eye processing trillions of photons to make up an image? I would suggest based on logic i am seeing a compartmentalized breakdown of my visual stimulus rather than an overall view.

Can you deny that physically i am detecting individual photons of light which my brain then makes into an overall image? Has it occurred that without your education and pattern recognition essentially the eye is designed to process photons at a molecular level?

During my research into my condition i have came across evidence suggesting the eye can detect single photons, thus proving this is not a problem but a gift.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If it is metaphorical, I apologize for my literal interpretation of it.

You don't need to apologise, i truly appreciate your point of view even if i don't necessarily agree with it.

Also, i truly believe i can teach anyone to process light in the way i currently see the world, i guess when that happens we can come to an agreement that theres maybe more than meets the eye. (Sorry for pun)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You've probably already researched "absolute threshold" in relation to vision.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I have now, read other studies which suggest individual photons can be detected.

I truly believe we all see the world this way, just never looked at it from this perspective.

Try to break down your visual stimulus into individual photons, sounds like madness but i tried and it worked. Sometime wish i could see the world without the snow now.

Heading off to bed now, let the intricate patterns on my eyelids help me drift off

Thanks for the help guys, peace and love to all.
edit on 14/9/15 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Red-blue-noise.gif

Close your eyes and look for a pattern like this, then before you know it everything is made of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Oh, I'm suppose to be going to sleep, but I really feel that I need to reply. I remember very well from when I was little, and I just loved going to sleep in a dark room. I would stare into the dark and tiny red and blue lights would appear, a little bit of white lights as well and they would dance and swirl around the room and they would make me laugh, they were very pretty and hypnotic to watch. I loved it. It progressed for me, I can now close my eyes before I sleep and I can watch a.spiral of light even though my eyes are closed. It works best if you are not too tired, a good nights rest means giving yourself time before you fall asleep and not to have stressful thoughts as you go. I wonder if you get full body tingles when you think of happy thoughts, I'm not talking about goose bumps either, it feels almost like an electric flow, sometimes all over or sometimes starting from the top of your head down through your whole body. I can also see some of my dreams start right from a pin point and they can balloon into full view, with stuff just going on. I love the things I can see and feel when I am half in and half out into sleep.
On the flip side I was also diagnosed with a form of blood inflamitory illness and at my illest point, I was seeing little blue and violet and pink lights sqwiggling around every where. Then there were the odd red ones that looked about two inches thick and about a foot long and they would come from all these directions and the red ones would actually shoot right into people or animals, oddly enough, whenever that happened, the person animal would twitch. I knew no one could see it but me, but I would ask the person it happened to if they just twitched, and always said yes. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced, but the problem I was having is that I think I was dieing. I never told my dr about seeing the coloured lights everywhere, because he would have looked at me like I was crazy. But I was prescribed anti inflamitory and steroids and I got better and no more speeding around different coloured lights anymore during the daytime. I will stick to the light show while I am falling asleep.
If you sweat or feel really hot flushes, get to a doctor cause you may be dieing from inflammation.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If you have questions, I can try my best to answer. I would also like to know if you have listened to any mantras with English translation subtitles recently, just curious.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I remember hearing that the "snow" you see on TV is universal background radiation. Maybe your eyes are sensitive enough to detect that?

Just a thought . . .

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You can find a graph showing the electro magnetic wave spectrum from an old company called Westinghouse, Tesla worked for Westinghouse. Humans can supposedly only see about 15% of what is going on around us.
I would also like to know if you hear any high pitch frequencies, like really high ooooh, or eeeeeee, or aaaah?
I always saw auras around plants and people as a child, I also learned very quickly not to ask mom about the lights I saw, just the look of disapproval and concern said it all. It was my secret, but now I think people are more willing to talk of such stuff.
Also, I think some people with gluten intolerance also tend to have issues with seeing light flashes. I can't remember the specific illness off hand. And I hope I don't offend you, and I am not trying to spook you, I think it is great if you have the opportunity to experience this with no other serious side effects.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No amount of spiritual grandstanding will make a pathological or medical problem disappear, and the advice given here in these respects is about as valuable as the paper it is written on. Something is off with your body, most likely neuropathological in nature. "I am seeing the matrix" does follow from "I see shapes and auras". You might not experience loss of sight, and you may even enjoy it (apparently you do), but this is a sign that something is not right in your anatomy. Consider yourself more evolved, or whatever you wish, but such an evolution if it was to occur will always be biological in nature and visible to actual analysis instead of guesswork inspired by movies, or you haven't changed a thing. In my opinion, get it figured out instead of trying to convincing others to stare at lights.

I would have to agree. It appears that it is, in fact, neuropathological in nature.

The hypermetabolic lingual gyrus confirms a brain dysfunction in patients with “visual snow.”

source

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
It started one night closing my eyes before going to sleep i started to notice what looked like a static hexagonal snow making up the light hitting my eye. When closing my eyes i could see what looked like microbial organisms moving across my field of vision in clear patterns outwith the control or position of my retina.

It's not the matrix, it's your own cells possibly.

io9.com...

Could be floaters too.
www.healthguidance.org...
edit on 15-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

i have snow vision.. tends to get worse with migraine and my brain generates visual hallucination eg carpet being made of waves, pictures coming alive and so on.. I thought I was seeing molecules that sporadically move (too big for that
but your description is way better they look like microorganisms under the microscope. sound is different used to get that too but it stoped.. white noise. I let the fan run if I looked at it eventually I saw rainbow but when I listened I heard people having a conversation.. just wondering if u get migraines so far that is what I found doctors associate snow vision with.. but yeah it's hard to dismiss what u see with it.. interesting read there is literally nothing on Internet about it so thank you for the read
edit on 15-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

deffinately not floaters.. ur own cells - very interesting yeah looks like cells under microscope
edit on 15-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

deffinately not floaters.. ur own cells - very interesting yeah looks like cells under microscope

I can agree to that as well.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Glad I could add a possible explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join